ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much. I was a little confused on that. While I’m normally fully on the side of discretion and need to know only information being released. I feel like there are some things the public should be privy to. Not too much of course. Nothing to jeopardize the investigation or case against him.

But a little more factual information on the arrest and probable cause would be nice.
So many times I waited with baited breath for a pCA only to find 4 lines of text, most of which was known already..
But, thems da breaks.
Then probably a 2 year gap...

They will almost certainly release it at the time of his arraignment (is he having a preliminary hearing? do we know?)

And it will be released online for us, and if he's not on suicide watch, his lawyer will bring him a copy in his cell. At least, that's what we saw for Barry Morphew and Leticia Stauch (and others). I think that's pretty standard. Barry's affidavit was famously over 100 pages long and we all wondered if he ever read it all.

What I'm now confused about is the AA. I'm seeing two documents referred to: PCA and AA. Yesterday, someone posted that AA might remain sealed? Is that right? Will we only see the PCA?
I can't answer that really. Not sure what people mean by AA, but I think they mean arrest affidavit which would be the same thing as the probable cause affidavit (PCA). Perhaps a motion could be filed to keep the PCA sealed even after it's served on BK in Latah County -- not sure. JMO.

The gag order is for officials and is unlikely to affect public release of warrants.
BUT the info may well be minimal.
The actual trial will be when all other info is released.
Agree. However, the defendant is now represented by Idaho counsel and all should be prepared that BK's defense may also slow down the release of information to the general public before he's bound over for trial by the court-- as is their right to prepare a defense and ensure BK receives a fair trial.

Snow is not a problem to fly through at 24,000'. The weather they just came through is much worse, with a higher chance of icing, than anywhere else in the country today.
Lots of ice in the MN/WI area, too. We had/have ice and rain and snow all at the same time. A passenger plane skidded off the runway at Minneapolis. It is pretty bad in the MN/WI and Iowa areas, for flying.

Boxing? Hit a wall?

I wondered about this too. And I had a really dumb question (to explain the apparent/possible marks on his right wrist seen in the traffic stop).

Is there any aspect of wearing boxing gloves (tightening the laces around the wrist, for example) that could cause some marking? I have no clue how boxing gloves work. Made me wonder if, given his inability to sleep sometimes as mentioned by the people in the apartment below his back in Pullman, he was getting up and boxing at night. Or something.

Certainly, boxing was an aid in preparing him for this bizarre, almost inexplicable crime.

For what it’s worth. His hands and wrist.
I googled different versions of deep cut on a cut hand, cut finger, cut thumb, etc.
And healing depends upon severity, depth, and if medical attention is a follow up.
Healing can take from 2 weeks for a minor cut and up to to several months for a more severe cut.
This was interesting to me because I did accidentally cut my thumb at the base, close to the wrist (rather deep) the day after Thanksgiving, and the wound has healed very slowly but is still very red.

Is investigation still on? Do LE allocates resources to look for other POI at this stage? Or they are focusing purely on BK? What is the common practice? Would be interesting to have some input from people who have some experience.

Just catching up today with the flight excitement. It's funny to see the number 1 most tracked flight worldwide is heading from PA to WA/ID.

I tried forever last night to get the plane replay from when they were surveilling his house, but never could make it happen.

Is it most likely FBI agents transporting him? Will he be cuffed and shackled for the entire flight? Will FBI agents be carrying weapons? I’m just picturing how close together airplane seats are and how nerve wracking it would be to sit next to a suspected quadruple murderer on a very long flight. Of course I have no experience doing that.

OK Sleuths …

If the DA has BK’s bloody fingerprints, his touch DNA or his blood DNA at the crime scene OR a victim’s blood on one of BK’s possessions (car, item in his dumpster, apartment, office, etc.) ….

Will he take a plea to life without parole …

Or will he fight to the bitter end?
We haven't the faintest idea.
Some do, some don't.
There's not even enough information about his nature and personality to hazard a guess here.

I feel like the PCA will end up being sealed- it’s better for the case to tamp down any news surrounding it (especially any new evidence)
my curiosity is piqued though and I won’t be able to stop checking in!
I really want to read the PCA. Otherwise, the speculation and conjecture about every little thing is mind-numbing.

It doesn't appear on any of the photos taken from the court house. So almost certainly a shadow.
The car photo and the courthouse photo are over 2 weeks apart. Time to heal more. I thin it is an abrasion that scabbed over and once healed would flake off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot