ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very curious as to where the final destination landing/airport will be. I cannot imagine they will, for security purposes mostly, even consider landing at the Pullman/Moscow airport. It is small and surrounded by rolling hills with only a few roads out to Moscow. I flew out of there twice, years ago. I speculate that they will find a smaller airport nearby which would be least suspected and then drive.

My understanding from a previous post some made here a bit ago is that the media is already waiting at the Pullman/Moscow airport.

I have been looking at small airports in a radius of about 25 miles from Moscow and Colfax, WA could be a possibility,

Just speculating. No matter where they land they are going to have to drive into Moscow from wherever they land. This will likely be under the cover of darkness, especially since it appears he will not arrive in that area until early evening at best.

Agree. But the lab had more than 1 samples to separate and we do not know in what order the samples were delivered and processed, so couple of days was a safe guess considering the unknown parameters. I wanted to point out that it does not take long time, as someone may think.

It all depends on the admixture. Doesn't take long at all if a nearly complete DNA sample from the perp can be isolated early. Which means POI BCK made some major mistakes.

I figure that all they had to do initially was analyze the intimate zone of the crime, including the bedding.

That stage can take a long time, depending on resources (keeping in mind that a rush examination of DNA in Idaho is 45 days - clearly they put this case ahead of all others, as was wise). The actual testing doesn't take that much time at all and people run hundreds of samples in a 24 hour period. All it takes is one good stranger hit.

They almost certainly had DNA from HG, JD, the two roommates, etc., so that part was easy. What remained belonged to a stranger. GEDMatch gave them family names and one name stood out, as it belonged to a student at WSU.

My fear all along was that he was more careful than he apparently turned out to be. Superficial, compulsive planning not A-level game here.

As expected audio was really bad when Bryan and his dad were talking. I only transcribed the parts I could hear clearly.

LE - Hello.

Dad - How you doing?.

LE - How you all doing today?. Good good. Take a look at your driver's licence real quick if I could. So you was right up on that van, man. You were right up on the back end of that van. Pulled you over for tailgating. Is this your car?.

(Bryan nods yes and hands over his licence).

Dad - My son's.

LE - Cool. Where you headed?.

Bryan - We're going to (inaudible).

Dad - Well we're coming from WSU and we were (inaudible) earlier.

LE - What's WSU?.

Dad - Washington University.

Bryan - (inaudible) basically (inaudible) shooting today.

Dad - They had a SWAT team and everything.

LE - I'm having a hard time hearing you because of the traffic (me too!). You're coming from Washington State University?.

Dad - Yes.

LE - And you're going where?.

Dad - We're meant to be going to Pennsylvania (inaudible). So we're a little (inaudible) we've been driving for hours.

LE - Ok, hours, days?.

Bryan - Hours.

Dad - Almost a day.

LE - Ok and what did you say about some SWAT team thing?.

Bryan - Yeah there was...

Dad - A mass shooting and everything.

LE - Where?.

Bryan - Washington State University (inaudible).

LE - Interesting.

Dad - Well it's horrifying (inaudible).

LE - So you all work at the University there?.

Bryan - I actually do work there.

Dad - PHD (inaudible).

LE - Ok. Yeah I hadn't heard about that incident, just yesterday?.

Bryan - This happened this morning.

Dad - About an hour and a half ago, still wrapping it up, investigating it. I'm not sure if there's two shootings but they did shoot somebody and then

Bryan - We don't know about that actually (inaudible).

LE - Interesting. Well, do me a favour and don't follow too close, ok?.

Dad and Bryan - (inaudible).

LE - Thank you, appreciate you.
Bryan says they’re going for Thai food
The dad at some point talks about they are going to PA the pocono mountains and says they’ve been driving for “hours…days…”

At 10:20 he s explains the court appearance.

They aren’t going to release the PC to the public before they have his Counsel on the record ( in my opinion).

There’s also the chance that his Public Defender has filed a Motion to keep it sealed in order to make redactions. And the Court might grant that Motion.

Just don’t want everyone to have their hopes up.

Maybe @Seattle1 can tell me if I’m correct.

If the Moscow Police Criminal Complaint and PCA were already filed in Latah County District Court, I think BK's public defender, Anne Taylor, probably received a copy just as soon as she filed notice as his counsel.

Since we know she inspected the crime scene on Tuesday-- on behalf of her client, I doubt the DA would make her wait for the formal appointment by the court as BK's public defender.

By Idaho Statute, the probable cause affidavit is currently sealed and cannot be unsealed for public release until BK is returned to Idaho and is served with the arrest warrant for four counts of first-degree murder and one count of burglary.

Just as I don't doubt that Anne Taylor was instrumental in the gag order by Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall on January 3, 2023, I think it likely that at most, the only document that will be unsealed and released to the public after BK's initial hearing will be the Arrest Warrant/Police Complaint, and the PCA will remain sealed until the parties can agree to appropriate redaction for the protection of victims, and until Taylor can discuss the charges with her client.

IMO, it's really going to hinge on the length and content of the PCA.

Given the nature of this high-profile case, I think the Court will give extraordinary consideration to the victims when making the decision whether or not to immediately unseal the PCA.

Unlike the media, the Court recognizes there are four murder victims and four impacted families that are victims when rendering a decision.

TITLE 19 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 53 - COMPENSATION OF VICTIMS OF CRIMES
19-5306. RIGHTS OF VICTIM DURING INVESTIGATION, PROSECUTION, AND DISPOSITION OF THE CRIME. (1) Each victim of a criminal or juvenile offense shall be:

[..]

(2) Upon the filing of a criminal complaint or juvenile petition, the prosecuting attorney shall inform the victim of the various opportunities provided by this section. The victim may exercise any of the rights provided by this section by completing a written request on a form provided by the prosecuting attorney to the clerk of the district court. The clerk thereafter shall notify the appropriate authorities of the victim’s requests. Notice thereafter shall be given to the victim at the address provided unless the victim subsequently provides a different address. The victim’s address shall be kept confidential by the court except for carrying out the provisions of this chapter.

(3) The provisions of this section shall apply equally to the immediate families of homicide victims or immediate families of victims of such youthful age or incapacity as precludes them from exercising these rights personally. The court may designate a representative from the immediate family to exercise these rights on behalf of a deceased, incapacitated, or minor victim.

(4) Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a court to dismiss a case, to set aside or void a finding of guilt or an acceptance of a plea of guilty, or to obtain appellate, habeas corpus, or other relief from any criminal judgment, for a violation of the provisions of this section; nor be construed as creating a cause of action for money damages, costs or attorney’s fees against the state, a county, a municipality, any agency, instrumentality or person; nor be construed as limiting any rights for victims previously conferred by statute; nor be construed to require the court appointment of legal counsel or the payment of transportation costs.

(5) As used in this section:
(a) "Victim" is an individual who suffers direct or threatened physical, financial or emotional harm as the result of the commission of a crime or juvenile offense;
(b) "Criminal offense" is any charged felony or a misdemeanor involving physical injury, or the threat of physical injury, or a sexual offense;
(c) "Juvenile offense" is charged conduct that is a violation of law that brings a juvenile within the purview of chapter 5, title 20, Idaho Code, and which conduct committed by a juvenile would be a felony if committed by an adult.

Last edited:
I am very curious as to where the final destination landing/airport will be. I cannot imagine they will, for security purposes mostly, even consider landing at the Pullman/Moscow airport. It is small and surrounded by rolling hills with only a few roads out to Moscow. I flew out of there twice, years ago. I speculate that they will find a smaller airport nearby which would be least suspected and then drive.

My understanding from a previous post someone made here, above, a bit ago is that the media is already waiting at the Pullman/Moscow airport.

I have been looking at small airports in a radius of about 25 miles from Moscow and Colfax, WA could be a possibility. Plus I think the media is not expecting them to land in Wa. state.

Just speculating. No matter where they land they are going to have to drive into Moscow from wherever they land. This will likely be under the cover of darkness, especially since it appears he will not arrive in that area until early evening at best.

TRANSCRIPTION OF FIRST TRAFFIC STOP

As expected audio was really bad when Bryan and his dad were talking. I only transcribed the parts I could hear clearly.

LE - Hello.

Dad - How you doing?.

LE - How you all doing today?. Good good. Take a look at your driver's licence real quick if I could. So you was right up on that van, man. You were right up on the back end of that van. Pulled you over for tailgating. Is this your car?.

Dad - My son's.

LE - What's WSU?.

LE - I'm having a hard time hearing you because of the traffic (me too!). You're coming from Washington State University?.

Dad - Yes.

Dad - We're meant to be going to Pennsylvania (inaudible). So we're a little (inaudible) we've been driving for hours.

LE - Ok, hours, days?.

Bryan - Hours.

Dad - Almost a day.

LE - Where?.

LE - Interesting.

Dad - PHD (inaudible).

Dad - About an hour and a half ago, still wrapping it up, investigating it. I'm not sure if there's two shootings but they did shoot somebody and then

What a weird conversation.

My understanding from a previous post some made here a bit ago is that the media is already waiting at the Pullman/Moscow airport.

I have been looking at small airports in a radius of about 25 miles from Moscow and Colfax, WA could be a possibility,

Saw pullman airport wouldn’t they land there? Different state.?

Having just seen the body cam footage that shows the filthy exterior of BK's Elantra, I will be presenting a 5000 word breakdown of exactly what was his motivation and his psychological state. Stay tuned.

Max speed is around 300 mph. Max range is 1700 miles. Champaign to Pullman is nearly 1900 miles. They will have to refuel again before they arrive. 6-7 hours out, at best, IMO.

This tallies with my calculations as well.

Plus, they may need to refuel, so a bit longer.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
TRANSCRIPTION OF FIRST TRAFFIC STOP

LE - Hello.

Dad - How you doing?.

Dad - My son's.

LE - What's WSU?.

Dad - Yes.

LE - Ok, hours, days?.

Bryan - Hours.

Dad - Almost a day.

LE - Where?.

LE - Interesting.

Dad - PHD (inaudible).

Thank you for putting in the work for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay