ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s one week. 11/14-18.
How many classes ? One or two? Maybe a lab? Are there remote?
Idk. Moo- the articles that came out suggesting he returned to class after the murders. No specific dates etc no mention of being remote.

Universities operate under different standards for student conduct expectations. Those standards are higher than just simply "don't get arrested." You are expected to be (and agree with your admission request) to conduct yourself with respect towards others and your community. University administrators can separate him from the university based on his being a threat to health and safety of their community. I am sure it's a decision the university's general counsel is willing to take based on the notoriety of the case and the evidentiary standard used to get the probable cause warrant to arrest BCK in PA. What happens if he gets exonerated? Small chance of that, but then maybe, just maybe, he could argue he was separated from WSU for an unjust and unwarranted reason. It's a risk WSU is willing to take, IMO.
Not arguing with you. Just thinking out loud. If he’s exonerated then i imagine he could go back. But for the time being there’s no point in keeping him on as a student - innocent or not innocent, he can’t attend classes and he can’t get his phd in jail.

Also, it’s possible the criminology professor knows a little more of what they have on him or has put together some loose ends herself simply from knowing and teaching and working with him. She may have shared these things with the the higher ups and of course law enforcement. They higher ups at the university may already KNOW know he’s guilty. But again, even if they don’t, he can’t participate so what’s the point of calling him a student for this semester?

If found innocent i suppose they would consider taking him back. But i doubt he’d WANT to return to that university/area ….

Avid flight tracker here - I just calculated the flight time for a turbo prop aircrat like the Pilatus PC-12 from the two nearest airports, and with a smaller plane, without the fuel stops added, total flight time was estimated at around 8.5 hours.

Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 11.50.26 AM.png

Imo no way did either Indiana officer know about the connection between the suspect and the murders. Very dangerous situation to pull over someone suspected in a vicious quadruple murder. I go back and forth but in the end it comes down to it being a too potentially dangerous for a single officer to effect a stop if the suspect did, say, lose his cool and pull a gun or even use his car as a deadly object. Now it’s possible they worked with a profiler who was certain a stop in this situation would be okay, but how can one know for certain.
'
Could the officer(s) have stopped them just to place a tracking device under the bumper?

Reactions: Dre
TRANSCRIPTION OF FIRST TRAFFIC STOP

As expected audio was really bad when Bryan and his dad were talking. I only transcribed the parts I could hear clearly.

LE - Hello.

Dad - How you doing?.

LE - How you all doing today?. Good good. Take a look at your driver's licence real quick if I could. So you was right up on that van, man. You were right up on the back end of that van. Pulled you over for tailgating. Is this your car?.

(Bryan nods yes and hands over his licence).

Dad - My son's.

LE - Cool. Where you headed?.

Bryan - We're going to (inaudible) thai food.

Dad - Well we're coming from WSU and we were (inaudible) earlier.

LE - What's WSU?.

Dad - Washington University.

Bryan - (inaudible) basically (inaudible) shooting incident.

Dad - They had a SWAT team and everything.

LE - I'm having a hard time hearing you because of the traffic (me too!). You're coming from Washington State University?.

Dad - Yes.

LE - And you're going where?.

Bryan - To get some thai food.

Dad - We're meant to be going to Pennsylvania (inaudible) Pocono mountains. So we're a little (inaudible) we've been driving for hours.

LE - Ok, hours, days?.

Bryan - Hours.

Dad - Almost a day.

LE - Ok and what did you say about some SWAT team thing?.

Bryan - Yeah there was...

Dad - A mass shooting and everything.

LE - Where?.

Bryan - Washington State University (inaudible).

LE - Interesting.

Dad - Well it's horrifying (inaudible).

LE - So you all work at the University there?.

Bryan - I actually do work there.

Dad - PhD in Criminology (inaudible).

LE - Ok. Yeah I hadn't heard about that incident, just yesterday?.

Bryan - This happened this morning.

Dad - About an hour and a half ago, still wrapping it up, investigating it. I'm not sure if there's two shootings but they did shoot somebody and then

Bryan - We don't know about that actually (inaudible).

LE - Interesting. Well, do me a favour and don't follow too close, ok?.

Dad and Bryan - (inaudible).

LE - Thank you, appreciate you.

Last edited:
Aha! Yes, unless there is clear dna or video evidence....:cool:
Nor OR
Aha! Yes, unless there is clear dna or video evidence....:cool:

OR Is not the Boolean operator to be used in this case. It must be logical AND, both present.

AND a little but more than that, such as motive, weapon, preparations, to obtain conviction.

Just think, what if the car is clear of any DNA of any if the victims? The whole Boolean expression will collapse and reduce to 0 outcome.

I think they had a list of white Elantra owners, probably in the 100s. BK was probably on this list since he had a seat belt fine. A neighbor of his probably phoned in a tip on his car also.

They were probably working through known offenders on this list, people connected to the victims etc. BK wouldn't be on their radar yet.

They had an unidentified DNA profile from the scene but it didn't match with anyone on CODIS . So they used genealogy investigation which probably gave them a shortlist of potential suspects.

Only one of these drove a white Elantra. Also he's living only 10 minutes away.

They probably got DNA from his doorknob or apartment to confirm.
IMO, DNA from a towel, hairbrush, toothbrush or used glass would be good source.

Keep in mind, the photos of BKs hands/forearms were isolated from bodycam video taken weeks after the murders; these are not professional photos and have poor resolution. Same with photos from the courthouse, which IMO, the reddish hands and arms are from poor lighting and reflection of the red bodysuit or possibly from tight handcuffs and he is holding his hands down which would effect circulation. I’m a medical provider, and I say with confidence, he doesn’t have a current bacterial infection from any murder related injuries. Infection would have set in very soon after the injuries occurred, and if left untreated, he would have become very sick and required treatment. An infection wouldn’t happen a month later. And, if wounds would have been healed by the time he traveled across the country, about a month later. Also, BK attended classes after the murders occurred, and I would hope that his fellow criminology colleagues and professors would have been astute enough to notice new any injuries on his hands/wrists or elsewhere. JMO, but until we find out definitively from LE that injuries were actually noted on BK after the murders and those suspicions were reported to LE or that he sought documented medical treatment for such injuries, then I’m not buying into this. The injuries are hearsay until it is proven as fact.
I agree 100% as an ED provider who places sutures daily when working. People need to get past his hands. The redness is not related to a current infection, but most likely from tight cuffs and gravity dependent positioning.

Agree. While I think his right hand looks swollen in both the traffic stop footage and the video from the extradition hearing, I don't think it follows that the swelling is (necessarily) directly related to the killings. I would, however, wager that it is indirectly related. Inflammation from punching a wall. An infection. A stress response.

Agree but I think it’s from a break or strain he’s had for a while. Resembles my finger I broke two weeks ago…

Avid flight tracker here - I just calculated the flight time for a turbo prop aircrat like the Pilatus PC-12 from the two nearest airports, and with a smaller plane, without the fuel stops added, total flight time was estimated at around 8.5 hours.

View attachment 392419
To follow up, from Champaign, IL (where it looks like the flight took off from most recently, the estimated time of flight 6 hours. If they don't stop again, looks like BK will arrive around 6 PM PST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay