ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer, I’m from the UK. I have no idea about sororities or fraternities or whatever these are but…
At DeSale University, their website states ‘DeSales University chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma, the National Criminal Justice Honor Society, brings together high-achieving students from the DeSales undergraduate traditional day, ACCESS, and graduate programs…..’ etc. (linked)
I know that a victim KG was also associated with Alpha Phi Sigma…
Is it possible that could be linked if BK was involved, despite different universities?APS Official Merchandise
KG was not affiliated with Alpha Phi Sigma as far as I can see. That is an honor society, not a sorority.

EXCELLENT POINT, you are the first commentator that has mentioned that (to my knowledge). IMO that solidifies my theory that they traffic stops were initiated to "slow down" the suspect and let other teams get in place.
IMO standard operating procedure is get the ID, go back to your patrol vehicle and run the plate# and DL info.
Agreed. And I find the conversation really odd. Brian is clearly nervous (MOO) and the entire conversation is awkward and “off.” Cops must have a honed intuitive sense for when someone is nervous/obfuscating.

I feel like this is carefully worded. Like the police officers didn't know, true. But they did have a BOLO for the car and didn't know why.
How do you think these officers would feel, if they found out later, that the driver they were encouraged to pull over was the prime suspect in a quadruple murder----and they were not told about that glaring fact?

I would be livid if I were them. There is a reason that felony stops have specific protocol. You wait for back up, you have weapons pointed and you have them step out of vehicle, show their waistbands and walk back slowly with arms raised.

You would never walk up, alone, no weapon ready, to the car window if you knew the driver was a fleeing murder suspect.

And to assess his dad's comfort level too. After all, for all LE knew, dad could be turned into a kind of hostage. Bryan could have told his dad all about the situation (which I believe he did not) and dad was agitated and Bryan was speeding and tailgating. For all they knew, all heck was breaking out in that car.

I think they wanted to assess BK and to do a little welfare check on Dad.

I posted yesterday about forensic photography. Yes, I believe he will be reexamined and they have special lights they bring in, and sometimes use MRI or similar to try and determine wounds from a month or two before.

It's not the whole book. P 262 has interesting example pictures. The last section considers to what degree older scratches and lacerations can be seen with special photography.

ISP already said that they didn't know he was a suspect at the time.

PA presser yesterday also went into great detail about how all LE involved in the later arrest were also strictly on a need to know basis .iirc 7 people only.

A gag order has been issued banning law enforcement from revealing information about the murders of four University of Idaho students and the arrest of their accused killer Bryan Kohberger.

Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall made the unusual move on Tuesday to issue a non-dissemination order in the high-profile case that has rocked the small college town of Moscow and drawn headlines across the globe for the past two months.

The court order bans investigators, law enforcement personnel, attorneys, and members of both the prosecution and the defence from sharing any new information about the investigation or the suspect before a verdict is reached at trial.

Under the ruling, authorities can still quote from or refer to “the public record” without making further comment.

Moscow Police Department said in a statement that, due to the order, it will no longer be communicating with the public or the media regarding the case.

Sure looks to be on a direct course for Moscow.

Sure does. A bee-line right now. There is an airport in between Pullman and Moscow (the Pullman-Moscow Airport). Alaska Air flies there, so it's not just civil aviation.

I bet that's where they are going. He'll be "home" in his single jail cell this evening.

IMO, they were likely asked to stop the suspect (slow his roll), so as to coordinate and position the surveillance teams that were following him. One team drops off and another moves in to continue, etc. You can't have the same vehicle following him for over 2000 miles without possibly alerting the suspect. IMO various teams were used throughout this complicated task and it took a lot of inter-agency coordination. JMO
If, big IF, that was the case, I'd think they'd have an aircraft of helicopter over surveiling him to actually queue a designated officer when to come in.

And why would they have both officers claim the reason for being pulled over is for tailgating? If it was by design, I'd think they wouldn't use the same reason for pulling him over. JMO

IMO they are currently enroute to Rapid City (KRAP).

The 1st pic below shows the direct flight line from Champaign to Rapid City, as they pass over Sioux City.

The 2nd pic shows their actual flight path.

It doesn’t get much closer than that when using two brands of maps with a line over that great of distance.
I guess they will refuel in Rapid City?

Not many other small airports near or around that area.

Idk if maybe the model years are very similar & easy to mix up? Washington plates could be what made them want to look, just speculating

JMO
They aren’t. The hofmeister kink (bottom curved portion of rear window) is much more square in the 2015 model, which is why so many people thought the white vehicle in the gas station footage was a Prius.

Not everyone is a ‘car’ person but unless it was done intentionally, the BOLO put out was for a moderately different looking vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67