ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just a coincidence.
Its so easy to track someone on highways that there's no need to pull him over.
Besides, LE says they tracked him on the drive from WA to PA. That must mean they attached a tracking device to BCK's vehicle while he/it was still in Washington state. No way would LE attempt to follow him across country in an unmarked vehicle and expect to be successful, especially since he was pulled over twice in Indiana for traffic violations. That would have messed up any cars following BCK. They would have had to pull over, too. Talk about cover being blown!

I have a nephew with 30 yrs of service in swat, under cover and a detective from the Indy PD and probably has more experience than any SPD officer. When I mentioned it to him he says they were ready to pull him over for various reasons, so I'm a Hoosier in my heart but the state has no loyalty to tell us the truth. It's all part of the plan, JMO.
The State of Indiana would not put out an outright lie. I think this is true. It would make very little sense for them to pull BK over like that. The Idaho authorities presumably knew where he was going, let him get there. They are waiting for DNA perhaps, buying time. Stopping him along the way gains them nothing and only alerts BK that something is up. Having LE institute stops jeopardizes things and would have been ill advised.

The state of Indiana put out a statement that the police didn't know he was a suspect at the time of these traffic stops.
One would think Indiana LE would be aware of a White Elantra wanted in Idaho that could be connected to a mass murder, regardless of the auto’s year of manufacture or if it had tinted windows or not. The car had Washington plates (maybe geography wasn’t PO best subject), it was right there in front of LE and the only concern was for BK following too closely??? Wonder if anyone was reprimanded for that show of excellence???

I wonder if he didn’t bring up to give himself an alibi. Almost an “it wasn’t me because I’m too far from the scene.” He had to have known there would be speculation that it was the same person as the Moscow incident.
This doesn't seem odd to me at all. The standoff was just south of WSU, so fairly close to his life, and he's a criminology major. It was happening in the moment, not days ago.

He really does seem to possibly be on the spectrum some. Those of my friends and employees who are on the spectrum need extra time during stressful moments to get their thoughts together to speak effectively. Saying he's going to get Thai food doesn't seem odd either, especially considering the way his dad automatically and easily translates the info between him and the cop. Stress makes me tongue-tied. It sounds like some of the people on here are incredibly articulate in the midst of it, but I've been known to tell LE half my life story in the middle of a traffic stop.

Long story short, a human being murdered human beings. Some of what you see from that human will be very off the mark from what THAT HUMAN would normally do. That will be interesting to pursue and may well lead you to clues and solutions and solves. If, however, you see things that "just seem off" to you and decide they are murderous traits, you may be running headlong off the path. Look for their patterns, not yours. MOO

You are right.

But, I think there must be some misunderstanding.

I have nothing against LE. LE are doing what they must do and do it right

I have objections how the university treats him.
Maybe the University guilty or not, were really glad to have an excuse to get rid of him ASAP. He might have been too hard to deal with and they didn't know it at the time they took him on. Jmo imo

How do you think these officers would feel, if they found out later, that the driver they were encouraged to pull over was the prime suspect in a quadruple murder----and they were not told about that glaring fact?

I would be livid if I were them. There is a reason that felony stops have specific protocol. You wait for back up, you have weapons pointed and you have them step out of vehicle, show their waistbands and walk back slowly with arms raised.

You would never walk up, alone, no weapon ready, to the car window if you knew the driver was a fleeing murder suspect.
The stop was made over two weeks prior to the arrest. LE may not have had all the evidence they needed to name the perp as BK at that time. JMO

Is the little plane gonna take him all the way, or stop at Rapid City?

How do you think these officers would feel, if they found out later, that the driver they were encouraged to pull over was the prime suspect in a quadruple murder----and they were not told about that glaring fact?

I would be livid if I were them. There is a reason that felony stops have specific protocol. You wait for back up, you have weapons pointed and you have them step out of vehicle, show their waistbands and walk back slowly with arms raised.

You would never walk up, alone, no weapon ready, to the car window if you knew the driver was a fleeing murder suspect.

Agreed! Additionally, the officer had his head halfway inside the passenger window of a running vehicle. If BK's foot had slipped off the brake or he decided to take off, the officer could have been dragged or killed.

Yes, I taught my kids too! It's essential to have enough room to come to a complete stop if the car in front slams its brakes or has a crash. The approximate 10 feet (or one car length) for every 10 miles per hour is the distance it takes to stop completely. The heavier your vehicle, the longer it takes to stop. Following too closely is a serious safety issue; that's why laws prohibit it. MOO
I really hate tailgaters. I will get in another lane and let them pass me if I can. It makes me too nervous.

I'm looking forward to the Probable Cause Affidavit being released for some new substantive info in the case.
Haven’t been able to keep up with the last 2 threads - is there going to be a hearing to unseal it now that there’s a gag order in place on the case? or it’s looking likely to be unsealed once he has finally arrived and booked in to Idaho and formally charged etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member