ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with some of the opinions in your post but other's i'm skeptical. I don't see this guy as some kind of delta force operator of the murder world. I think he tries to be tactical, but not to this extent.

and i'm reminded of that stabbing murder, I believe it was in kansas or missouri...the two brothers who stabbed and killed most of their family. They just ran through their home and butchered any family member they could butcher. It can certainly be an acquaintance.

YMBR, but the difference in the case you reference is the brothers were immediately on LE radar. No BAU needed. It could be an acquaintance, but even if, I'd put money on them being obsessive voyeur early on. Also, imo, something happened in that house--and I suspect it was on the 3rd floor--that screamed freak show perp. Still, methodical as opposed to tactical, along the lines of how intense types prep for things, not Delta Force, just obsessed, and very twisted. But I hope you're right (much easier to catch).

I’ve responded to this before: it’s not used in this town or even any of the surrounding towns AFAIK.

In town, it’s electric, natural gas, maybe some use wood. On campus, there’s a steam plant.

Outside town where there are no gas lines, propane is common, so are electric & wood.

HTH
Thanks, I have always leaned toward the red stains being blood and am just trying to provide extra proof to dispel the heating oil angle. I did see that a company in Pullman sells heating oil.

That means the DM is incorrect regarding which bedroom was Xana's.

View attachment 382305
IMO...If they were wrong as prior post suggests it actually spatially almost makes more sense thinking of the sp entering thru the slider into the kitchen and making their way to the stairs to go after their "target" perhaps but having this bedroom right there near the stairs and feeling like they needed to "take care of" that room to secure both their entry and exit from the top floor given it's proximity to the stairwell. Making many assumptions and speculations on things we dont know for sure obviously.
*edited for typo

Do you have the link? I listened to the podcast in question & the Moscow murderers were quite a bit in, after all the midterm election results.

If that segment of the episode has been deleted/censored, that would be … interesting, moo
The coroner was interviewed and shown the picture and said from "[her] observations" it appears to be blood. The link below will bring you to the source and a short transcript. MOO I am still skeptical about it being blood, as it isn't clear if the coroner is just reacting to the picture and seeing it for the first time, or if they have other information that brings them to that conclusion. I find it odd that blood, or any liquid, would be able to make it that far through the floor from inside.
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8' ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8
First linked in thread #8 above.

Also, video segments from the Banfield Show on 11/17 are limited to the coroner confirming the victims were killed in their beds.

Yes I believe Xana's room is the one with windows to the backside.
If that's true, that Xana's bedroom is at the back of the house, then someone could easily sit on the hill behind the house, hidden by trees, and look directly into the bedrooms of the victims. Someone watching would know exactly when the lights went out, and decide when to try to break-in ... perhaps through the kitchen door at the back of the house.

In my opinion... every law enforcement agency working this case was represented at the news conference on Wednesday except for the FBI.
Whenever a crime is solved or close to being solved or a perp becomes a person of interest, the FBI is always front and center to claim their part of the credit for it.
The absence of the FBI is telling me this case is going to go on for awhile longer.

Not really. The parents said they were in the same room, not they were found in the same room. The implication here is that she was killed because they were in the same room, and had she been in a separate room with a locked door she might not have been killed.

This is my interpretation of what they said. Not that they were found deceased in the same room, though it might be that way, but that they shared the room so if one was attacked, it made sense the other would be.
That's where we differ. The parents said they were in the same room, not that they shared a room.

Obligatory, this is my own opinion and I am not representing any claims of knowing anything more that you all do.

To start, I have been sleuthing for years, just not here. Active in lots of heterogeneous places which lends itself to diverse discussions. One thing, though, that seems to be a common thread is that, in order of most likely to least likely, K, M, X, then E. Why is this? We literally have no evidence to back any claim of any target up yet. I believe it probably has to do with a number of pretty superficial factors tough there are some compelling arguments to be made (such as K just so happened to be visiting this particular weekend, among other things.

I don't know why, and I can't explain it, but I have always felt that X was the intended target. I do think that the rest were just unlucky enough to be at this place at the wrong time.

<modsnip: Sleuthing family members is a violation of TOS>

I get the rage angle, jilted lover angle, stalker angle, even serial angle. However, after about the first couple of days, I have always felt this absolutely could have been a targeted HIT. This has all the markings of a pro, including the fact LE seems to have zilch. I believe they know the extent a reasons, I believe a message was left/sent at the scene. I also think this means the case will take a very long time to solve, if ever.

<modsnip>

Oh one last thing, that absolutely is most likely blood and not fuel oil. The floors were hard surface and I don't think many understand how a house is put together. Walls stack directly on top of subfloor and sheathing on the outside is usually not sealed at the bottom, so given enough liquid and perhaps a slight grade to the exterior wall, seepage is for sure a real possibility. As is required MOO

Last edited:
I think its most likely that the killer had on an outer layer that was removed. jmo
I don't think the killer would risk all the dna that would be found if he/she had cleaned up there. Too risky as far as being seen by someone, and too easy to leave something identifying behind. This massacre seems to be a case of getting in quickly, taking care of business and getting out quick. The perp was trying to be all ninja about it.

The back sliding glass door does not lock at this time. LE is using stools as seen in recent pictures to block the door shut. Did the door lock before 11/12-13?
I cannot say with any certainty of course, but likely as has been discussed in prior threads and what I know from my own home's sliding glass door is that despite the presence of a lock built into the door and frame, many of these types of doors can be easily manipulated into opening even if the door is "locked" by simply lifting up on the door before pushing towards the open position, lifting the locking hook off the stationary catch mechanism in the frame. Personally, we secure ours with a softball bat wedged between door and opposite frame for this very reason.
*again edited for typo...too much tired typing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members