ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly why students and members of the community need to step up safety protocols and stay extra vigilant and cautious. Sometimes capturing an assailant occurs by happenstance. Sometimes people get an “odd feeling”, something in the pit of their stomach, hairs standing on end and they don’t know the origin immediately. Often times, when later thinking about it, something comes to that person. I think that is known as our “intuition”. Gavin DeBecker talks about the use of intuition in his book : The Gift of Fear. I read that book many years ago after being a crime victim and I found that using your intuition is a god send. Women are very adept at using intuition and there is a reason that they have this-sort of a ‘third eye”. Young women and men in the community need to remain alert. I would encourage any young women who attend that campus to utilize their “intuition”

Paraphrased from today's presser: "what you don't see being as important as what you do see."

Any security cam that's connected to wifi is open to hacking and more importantly - jamming. This video tells how a lady's car was stolen and her security footage from the event was missing. What if LE has noticed that Ring Cameras, etc, in the area are missing footage from the early morning hours. The video also says the jammers can work on an entire city block.

Sep 6, 2022
A new warning is being issued for anyone who uses wireless security cameras like "Ring" to protect their home. A Detroit woman said her Ring camera didn't capture the moment her car was stolen from the front of her house, and one local expert said it's because crooks are becoming more tech-savvy. Earlier this month, the woman said her car was stolen from her driveway, and when she went to review her Ring camera footage, she realized hours were missing.

(you'll have to click the link and watch the video at YouTube)

The timeline confuses me a bit. It shows both sets of roommates arriving home at approx. the same time. 1:45am. I know the two girls were caught on a neighbors ring camera getting home. Do they have the same for the other couple? It just strikes me as being odd that 2 sets of people went to different places during the evening but yet arrived home at the same general time? When they arrived the other two surviving girls were already home correct? Honestly from my college days, I rarely got home before 3am. So it's just strange to me that everyone in that lived in that house was home before 2am. But, sigh, I'm old, maybe things are different now.

A man that was at the Corner Club shares his perceptions of the women there that night, and how they seemed to catch a lot of attention from men there. One visibly drunk. I imagine the club has cameras and LE obtained the footage.

Read what he says here:

If these blue prints are entirely correct then the killer would have no stairs to access the third floor from the second.

That is exactly why students and members of the community need to step up safety protocols and stay extra vigilant and cautious. Sometimes capturing an assailant occurs by happenstance. Sometimes people get an “odd feeling”, something in the pit of their stomach, hairs standing on end and they don’t know the origin immediately. Often times, when later thinking about it, something comes to that person. I think that is known as our “intuition”. Gavin DeBecker talks about the use of intuition in his book : The Gift of Fear. I read that book many years ago after being a crime victim and I found that using your intuition is a god send. Women are very adept at using intuition and there is a reason that they have this-sort of a ‘third eye”. Young women and men in the community need to remain alert. I would encourage any young women who attend that campus to utilize their “intuition”
Always go with your gut, as they say.

A couple of thoughts on the belief after the PC that the police have a suspect in mind and are building a case.

I think for any suspect or POI the police would likely want to get to them ASAP as the longer it goes the longer it gives them to rid evidence. Clothing, the weapon etc… I can’t see the point in waiting as unless you have had a suspect under surveillance from the start, you always have to assume they have already had a window of opportunity to do this. As such waiting on the proviso of catching them discarding it in the act in a case like this doesn’t really apply.

I think it’s highly unlikely in a tiny town like Moscow which currently has a significant amount of local and National journalists that any large crime scene would go unnoticed. If police were throwing crime tape up and forensically checking houses and cars, I believe it would be reported.

So I’ll not convinced. LE would want any evidence possible and to remove the opportunity for the culprit to remove that evidence, or any further existing if they had already discarded of some. And I don’t think a large crime scene away from the house in the local area would go unnoticed.

One thing in the PC did interest me though. The chief mentioned they have been periodically exploring local areas and he said in one district they went essentially door to door. Be interesting to know where that was.

Saw someone comment on previous thread about how terrifying it is that the killer may have showered there and cleaned themselves up.

My question is what do you think is more risky/likely for them to have done?

Stayed and showered risking running into someone or someone potentially having heard and called 911.

Or

Left covered in blood or at least with their bloody clothes in tow and risk being discovered with evidence on them, or leaving a trail of blood/scent?

I am at a losss
I feel since at 4 AM it is still dark, they would leave the house as soon as possible. Showering makes them vulnerable! Someone in the house on the 1st floor hears and calls 911.

Long time lurker of the forum, first time poster.

I agree with the posters who thought it was an odd statement from the press conference. It was along the lines of "what is not in a photo can be is as important as what it shows". (paraphrasing here, not a direct quote).

I wonder if a crime scene photo shows something is missing from the apartment? Maybe an item that belonged to one of the victims was taken as a sort of trophy?

JMO
Maybe that item is what they were looking for in Maddie’s car?

Okay. There were 6 people in the house. It feels incredibly risky to go into a house with that number of people in it with the risk of someone screaming , locking their door and dialing 911, or just generally being overpowered. Does this lead anyone to think this was more than 1 individual? Even if the killer didn’t know that there were 6 people , it seems that there were many cars parked outside which would indicate at least more than 1-2.

I feel since at 4 AM it is still dark, they would leave the house as soon as possible. Showering makes them vulnerable! Someone in the house on the 1st floor hears and calls 911.

But is someone going to call 911, or just assume that one of their roommates has a need to shower—maybe a reason connected with drinking, the night before.

Interesting. Is the killer skipping a month or we just haven't made additional connections. I've always thought Jack the Ripper and the Villisca axe murderer had patterns that weren't fully recognized before they blazed out of their own control.

The gap in time could be because he was in jail on an unrelated charge. JMO.

I agree that it makes it much less likely, but I’ve encountered a lot of heavy sleepers in my time. Plus, maybe the house doesn’t conduct sound well. I’ve lived in an old house where I never heard what was going on downstairs from my bedroom with a closed door.
Add earbuds, or a white noise machine and it’s not unreasonable that they slept right through it.

A man that was at the Corner Club shares his perceptions of the women there that night, and how they seemed to catch a lot of attention from men there. One visibly drunk. I imagine the club has cameras and LE obtained the footage.

Read what he says here:

We don’t know that any of them were drunk. They may have had a drug slipped in to their drink at the bar by someone around them.

When it comes to the calls to J- as a former college kid, years ago, this honestly seems normal. Esp. with an ex. You call a bunch of times, drunk, don't get an answer and have your friend call. May seem weird but definitely not. I think there is some motive with a random stalker who met one of the woman at the restaurant they worked at. I've had experiences similar to a stalking like this in college. Combine that with the social media presence- Most of them didn't have "private" profiles on IG or TikTok, so anyone can view or comment. Also, if X did try and defend herself, you would think this person has some cuts..and they would see that in interviews which is why people have been ruled out. I feel so bad for everyone in this.
Quite frankly it almost felt like a safer bet... But now I'm wondering if it was someone far more dangerous. That may sound weird but its more explainable and less scary than a deranged person that might do it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli