ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the statement Alivea Goncalves made regarding the 6 phone calls from KG's phone and 3 calls from MM's phone, did she specify which J was being called, or is it just assumed the calls were to the J who is KG's ex?

IMO, witness Vidot looking for his 15 mins and DM gave him a platform. He lost all credibility when he alleged the victims left without paying (while accusing the girls of hounding others waiting for their orders). He states he arrived before the victims where both the initial video of the grub truck as well as the full version clearly shows customers pay when they order. :rolleyes:

11/22/22

Police had previously said that the women were partying at the Corner Club bar the night before the attack.

Vidot was also there and said that the women were catching the attention of many of the men at the bar.

[..]

He said he left the Corner Club ahead of the girls and was with a neighbor who had just moved to Moscow, showing her the Grub Bus, a food truck popular with student with the late-night munchies.

[..]

'I was making fun of one of the guys who showed up at the Grub Bus in short-shorts and a tank top and it was cold,' Vidot said. 'I said 'Relax, bro, some of us are single' That made everybody laugh and then he made a joke.'

He said people were just talking and chatting, waiting for their food orders.

Kaylee and Madison were hanging around the truck window, hounding people who were picking up their orders.

[..]

The Grub Bus cashier had mercy on the two women and handed them food and they took it and ran to the car.

'I said to the guy, 'Did you just give those girls food (without them paying)?' He was like yeah, they had to go home.'
JMO, everything about this guy is off. The way he speaks about kaylee and madison is weird; he seemed IMO to be implying the girls were too drunk and irresponsible to care for themselves. He also gives the impression he's annoyed with the drunk college crowd but continued to spend his whole night around drunk college kids anyways? Idk he just seems like a weirdo to me

JMO, everything about this guy is off. The way he speaks about kaylee and madison is weird; he seemed IMO to be implying the girls were too drunk and irresponsible to care for themselves. He also gives the impression he's annoyed with the drunk college crowd but continued to spend his whole night around drunk college kids anyways? Idk he just seems like a weirdo to me
sooooo stupid

I listened to the Press Conference and didn't feel investigators were going in this direction. It seems more like his reaction, much like all of ours here, but he's certainly been around and involved in a lot of cases.

"Dr. Cyril Wecht, who has conducted thousands of forensic investigations over the decades, finds it hard to believe one person can methodically and quietly butcher four people under one roof – while two roommates slept in other rooms."

[...]

“I kind of think there may have been more than one assailant to have killed four people like that and not to have an audible altercation or cries for help,” he added. You have to wonder if there was more than assailant.”
They were sleeping....one person with a deadly knife who knew how do *use it* could accomplish killing four in serial fashion with minimal resitance. Just MO

I don't have time to see if anyone has pointed this out yet so I apologize if I am repeating someone.

Bear with me if I rely on my rather weak memory and/or assumptions but the 911 call being held up makes me believe that the "target" has to have been either X or E.

My logic is this: I believe E’s friends came over to pick him up for work. The obvious route would be through the sliding door but even if coming from below the friend would go straight to X’s room. What ever the friend saw there caused them to react and wake the surviving roommates and call 911.
The 2nd PC let us know that the surviving roommates thought someone on the 2nd floor was passed out and not waking up, called friends over, then they all called 911 together. Friends didn't rouse the surviving roommates, it was the other way around. It has not been released what the roommates saw exactly, why they called friends first, why they thought someone was passed out, etc.

Renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden tells RadarOnline.com the toxicology report could help investigators determine the victims’ state of the mind at the time of the slaying and determine if they were knocked out by date-rape type of drug....

[...]

However, in an interview with NewsNation, Mabbutt stopped short of saying if the students were incapacitated by drugs or alcohol before their gruesome deaths.

“It was late at night or early in the morning, so it seems likely maybe they were sleeping,” Mabbutt told NewsNation.

“There were multiple stab wounds on them and most of them had just one that was the lethal stab wound. The fatal ones were to the chest area, the upper body area,” she said. “It was a pretty large knife so it’s really hard to call them to puncture wounds.

The 2nd PC let us know that the surviving roommates thought someone on the 2nd floor was passed out and not waking up, called friends over, then they all called 911 together. Friends didn't rouse the surviving roommates, it was the other way around. It has not been released what the roommates saw exactly, why they called friends first, why they thought someone was passed out, etc.
ah so desu.

I haven't seen the second PC yet my bad ;)

I agree with you about the "being targeted" having something to do with the injuries; perhaps more actual knife thrusts than the others, perhaps deeper or more concentrated such as in the heart (sorry everybody). The coroner had made the assessment that one victim was targeted. Had it been something at the scene, such as a note left behind, something written on the wall, whatever-- then I would think that LE would have made the call of "targeted" as opposed to the coroner. MOO

Link to the coroner stating one victim was targeted, please?

I never said the killer wouldn't have access to the third floor steps. They are present but not clearly marked on the DailyMail version. What I did say is the steps to the third floor are opposite those to the first floor which could lead to not even seeing them in the dark were Ethan and Xana in Bedroom 3 or if they came out of either bedroom to confront the killer. Ethan's parents said his body was found in a hall, and it has been posted here that the intruder entered through the kitchen slider. Neither of these were confirmed by LE.View attachment 382272
No, Ethan's parents said they were both found in the same room.

That's really good. Don't think he did the hazmat suit thing though. Kinda wonder about daylight? BTW, there does not appear to be street lights in the area. Could have easily parked a block away too...

I agree with this motive for avoiding the first floor. It's a "vibe" I get and couldn't articulate, but I think you stated it: "Too risky, could get trapped".....
I don't feel he left a mic or camera, (he would get caught that way) but everything else is pretty much how I think.
Hope I'm doing this right... the first floor thing is going on intuition and trying to think from the perspective of someone who is literally trapping and killing. the last thing that person would want is to get trapped.

I do think there would be ways around the mic/camera detection, but ymbr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper