ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some are tired of hearing about adorable Murphy, but maybe he was sleeping with one of the survivors downstairs. And maybe the reason the murderer didn’t kill everyone in the house was because Murphy barked at a noise the survivors slept through & the murderer left fearing a bark would alert the survivors? Moo, of course but also ties into my theory that the murderer entered & exited through the kitchen slider.

I also have questions about potential targets:

1. Could the previous owner of the newly purchased Range Rover have a stalker who was tracking that vehicle?
2. What about the 2 unharmed roommates....maybe they triggered someone where they were hanging out earlier?

I know some are tired of hearing about adorable Murphy, but maybe he was sleeping with one of the survivors downstairs. And maybe the reason the murderer didn’t kill everyone in the house was because Murphy barked at a noise the survivors slept through & the murderer left fearing a bark would alert the survivors? Moo, of course but also ties into my theory that the murderer entered & exited through the kitchen slider.
I don't know. I had a dog in my college house and she NEVER slept with anyone but me.

Discussing if police and FBI have enough evidence for prosecutor?? Hopefully.
Yes I believe the prosecutor has to review evidence LE has to be sure things will "hold up" in court to align with charges (first degree, manslaughter, etc.).

This seems a bit a light in this dark tunnel. Really hope they have a POI!

I also have questions about potential targets:

1. Could the previous owner of the newly purchased Range Rover have a stalker who was tracking that vehicle?
2. What about the 2 unharmed roommates....maybe they triggered someone where they were hanging out earlier?
I was thinking about the Range Rover angle for a minute too... purchased on the same day. But wasn't it purchased in a different city?

I am still curious about dog. Moscow Police have said
  • On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed, turned over to Animal Services, and later released to a responsible party

I believe I saw that this was possibly changed to “morning” from “night” later. But I have not seen anything that says the police have determined that the dog definitely WAS IN THE HOUSE when the murders occurred. I have seen posts in past threads (that I can no longer reply to) that say it has been determined dog was at house (implying at time of murder). If anyone has a link to authoritative statement on whether dog was in house (such as found in a crate) I would appreciate it. I did read the police press releases looking for further statement on this and found only what I quoted above. Dog being at the house when police got there many hours later does not mean it was there when M and K got home that night. My current theory is killer entered house while they were out, let the dog out and then hid, and that is the reason for all the calls to dog’s co-owner when they got home. MOO I have considered that looking for dog might have involved looking in perp’s possible hiding places (closet, under bed). But maybe perp was hiding in one of the empty rooms behind a locked door and they knew dog could not have gotten in a room and locked door behind itself so didn’t investigate further such as going in window of locked room off balcony to check. MOO, speculation.

Interesting. I had thought of a sheath being dropped if they didn't have it attached to a belt. I'm just old I guess but the Twitch stream with guys paying for cute girls meals is just super creepy to me.

Doubtful an experienced perp would take his sheath on-site if it was a premeditated undertaking, but he could've used one of the roommate's knives if they possessed one (and if the act was not planned). But again, it's doubtful that quite popular sorority girls would have a knife like that in their house.

My opinion.

Interesting. I had thought of a sheath being dropped if they didn't have it attached to a belt. I'm just old I guess but the Twitch stream with guys paying for cute girls meals is just super creepy to me.
I considered this too - if this person was someone who carried a knife in the sheath, that sheath is absolutely looped through their belt and difficult to accidentally drop.

Not to mention LE has specifically said all victims were found in their beds
I don't think they have said that. I think they have said that they were likely asleep when attacked but have declined to answer when specifically asked if they were all found in bed. I think at least one was not found in bed but that is only based in inference from what has been said. To paraphrase the police chief...sometimes you can learn as much from what the police don't say as you learn from what they do say.

It's strange that we know every detail of Kaylee and Maddie's night and not much about Ethan and Xana.
I've felt the same. As with many other aspects of this case, the information LE chooses to share with the public seems telling of their investigative strategy but could just as well have a simpler explanation.

The Sigma Chi house, where E and X were confirmed present earlier in the night, is within walking distance of the King Street residence. It is almost literally "across the street". Know this, and knowing that K and M had been at the Corner Bar before arriving home, perhaps they felt early on that the public would be a much greater assistance to finding a suspect who targeted one or both of K and M that night specifically. They were in public areas with people of different ages and backgrounds and had to traverse a good portion of the town to get home. Maybe they felt like conducting interviews with other party-goers at Sigma Chi that evening would be immediately more effective than overtly encouraging public think about what they might have seen in a small area they likely weren't in on that night.

At the same time, sources close to the case have said that not all neighbors were interviewed. It seems like that would be useful in establishing whether E and X had been followed within that small area between the residence and Sigma Chi house. It also doesn't explain the large time gaps in E and Xs location per the map shared by LE diagramming each of the victims' movements that night. The caption on E and X's initial location reads, "2000-2100 Ethan and Xana attend Sigma Chi Party. 735 New Perce Dr." Maybe this has already been cleared up (sorry if it has), but how is one meant to interpret that? Is that the timeframe in which they arrived at the party, or is this the approximate total time of their attendance (1 hour between 8 and 9 PM)?

In the case of the latter interpretation, this leaves an almost 5 hour time window to E and X's return home. At this point, LE have phone records which, fairly precisely, map the movements of each victim that night. Maybe LE is keeping E and X's movements confidential as to not compromise interviews with people connected to them. Maybe an indication that someone knew where they were outside of Sigma Chi that night would make them a person of interest. Maybe they feel E, X, or both were the initial target.

It seems more plausible to me, that LE is strongly convinced that either K or M was the target. But there have been so many public-facing aspects of this case that just add to the confusion. I understand the value in keeping certain clarifying information confidential, but I also believe that LE has at times been very poor in communicating the information they do want to reach the public.

I was thinking about the Range Rover angle for a minute too... purchased on the same day. But wasn't it purchased in a different city?
From what I remember hearing early on, the family said she just purchased it while staying with her family but took it to show to her best friend. Hopefully, it's been gone over thoroughly, and checked for tracking devices magnetically attached...
ETA: No link because I heard this with my ears....probably on World News Tonight because that's the only news show I ever watch...but I guess I could've accidently overheard it on another channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member