ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moscow police daily blotter stopped posting daily activities on the 23rd wonder if there’s been some development they don’t want made public.
Might also be connected to the Thanksgiving holidays. The person/department updating that may have simply been out. If it resumes as usual today, my guess is it isn't significant.

The following Johnny Law youtube was originally posted by Mayboy1998 earlier today but because it was not a podcast host we were familiar with and we did not have time to view it in its entirety, it was removed. Having now had time to view it, it is being approved on a one-time basis because it does seem to provide an excellent analysis of the layout of the house, where individuals may have been sleeping, and it speaks to the location of the red liquid in relation to the overall layout of the house.

Who is this "D" that he mentions several times in the video?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right? I found it incredibly helpful. I’m so glad someone else saw it and what they thought. Like I said, I certainly have watched a bunch of videos on this, as well as local news, and there was never a perspective that showed all of those areas so well. I really found it eye-opening to understanding the area. I suspect it may have been someone who lived nearby and walked to the house that night knowing where the cameras are and aren’t. JMO.
I watched it. The visual was very helpful.

This is very interesting. I’ve made a few posts saying for a while now that I think the killer maybe even lived in the apartment complex right near them & had such a head start. Maybe he changed clothing or peeled off clothing/shoes in the house so he didn’t track blood outside, assuming that there is no track, and then walked right into his car. He then could’ve driven to dispose of evidence, and a murder weapon, with absolutely no one looking for him. With 9 hours to spare.

Plus, we now know that due to the low murder rate and apparently crime, there are not tons of cameras around there. It very well makes sense that the killer is local and knew that. IMO. My theory.
Very good points. He probably didn’t realize that he’d have that much time and thought the victims would be discovered closer to 9:00 am. If he is a local, as you say, and he drove out and back to discard clothing evidence and the weapon, LE may have seen his vehicle going and coming on 95S. He would want to do this under cover of darkness. Sunrise in Moscow on that date was 6:48 am.
LE is looking for footage/info for between 3:00 am and 6:00 am. If it played out like this, I’m guessing that the killer probably didn’t go more than a half hour out of town. 95 crosses the Clearwater River over the Memorial Bridge near the town of Lewiston, about 34 miles south of Moscow. A great place to toss the knife.
Between Moscow and Lewiston there’s miles of open farmland with few homes or businesses. I also see several ponds along the route.

so my curiosity is about this… I feel with the mass shootings in high schools, and more, that when we find out who the shooter was, there are many red flags that were never addressed. In addition, many of the mass shooting killers, have similar characteristics/profiles. I am wondering if you all feel that to commit this crime, they would have similar characteristics/profiles to the mass shooters? And if so, I wonder if law enforcement is looking at it with that angle? Looking for people that fit that profile.

so my curiosity is about this… I feel with the mass shootings in high schools, and more, that when we find out who the shooter was, there are many red flags that were never addressed. In addition, many of the mass shooting killers, have similar characteristics/profiles. I am wondering if you all feel that to commit this crime, they would have similar characteristics/profiles to the mass shooters? And if so, I wonder if law enforcement is looking at it with that angle? Looking for people that fit that profile.
I think they brought in profilers so I am sure

Interesting that you said that, do you think it's possible that this type of person had been reported before? Or sent into the mental health resources at campus?
I expressed myself a little clumsily, psychopath would be a better answer

Interesting that you said that, do you think it's possible that this type of person had been reported before? Or sent into the mental health resources at campus?
It's possible someone like that would have been reported and just as likely not reported in my opinion. In my experience, a lot of times things like this are noted about someone, but there is nothing actionable to report. So, people talk about how weird or disconcerting someone is without taking it further.

When I was in college, I had a classmate start behaving in a way toward me that I found deeply worrying, but I never reported it. People I talked to agreed he sounded like a psycho (he got mad at me for knowing the material when he didn't and he started acted unhinged about it and trying to intimidate me into helping him with another assignment via in person and emails), but there was never any discussion of contacting the police or authorities or reporting him, even to the professor of the class we were in together.

I'm sure their friends know about anyone who was considered concerning, even if there is no documented paper trail of a report.

JMO

I suspect whomever done this was known to the roommates. Even invited him over before. That's why LE can’t list him as a suspect through DNA. They have his DNA at the scene. Not blood but an other source. That’s why they can’t go off the DNA evidence alone to prove he is the killer. All the suspect has to say is “Of course my DNA was at the house! They were my friends. They had me over before!”. He would unfortunately be correct. I imagine it would be incredibly difficult to get a conviction off his DNA being there because of that.
I agree with your thought process....but I think the best hope is that through crime scene evidence & analysis they will identify FIVE (5) individual blood profiles. I still think it's very possible that the perp inadvertently cut themselves during this horrendous & messy murder. An unknown person's BLOOD at the scene cannot be explained away with a simple "I've been to the house before".

I do NOT think the perp's DNA will be in CODIS.....but may be the key to solving. I hope they requested (and got) DNA swabs from everyone interviewed. All MHO

Very good points. He probably didn’t realize that he’d have that much time and thought the victims would be discovered closer to 9:00 am. If he is a local, as you say, and he drove out and back to discard clothing evidence and the weapon, LE may have seen his vehicle going and coming on 95S. He would want to do this under cover of darkness. Sunrise in Moscow on that date was 6:48 am.
LE is looking for footage/info for between 3:00 am and 6:00 am. If it played out like this, I’m guessing that the killer probably didn’t go more than a half hour out of town. 95 crosses the Clearwater River over the Memorial Bridge near the town of Lewiston, about 34 miles south of Moscow. A great place to toss the knife.
Between Moscow and Lewiston there’s miles of open farmland with few homes or businesses. I also see several ponds along the route.
Your explanation is so helpful. I don’t know the roads or anything, but it sounds like this would allow him plenty of time to go somewhere and dispose of everything before daybreak.

I didn’t read this as being upset with the roommates, but more as “hey, please call us first” based on the current calls they’re getting. I read it more as a response to a trend than as being upset with anyone. JMO.
semantics. that are not going to say “ we are upset” but if they bother to mention it as a point nationally then you can assume it rankled them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double