ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the live showing on Banfield and also in the video Brian Entin posted prior to the start of the show (around the 5:21 mark in video below), he mentions a big parking lot right behind the house. I'm not sure if that was mentioned anywhere before because I haven't read through all the threads. But this could also mean the person escaped by car out back. MOO

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1BdGYyDjgvZGX
Yes, there have been pics of a rather large parking area at the back of the house.

Last edited:
Brian Entin talks with prosecutor.

Videos from twitter combined.

Link

Brian - Do you know, inside the house whether the victims doors were locked in to their individual rooms?.

Prosecutor - I don't know that.

Brian - Were any of the victims found outside of their beds?. Like is it possible some of the victims were not sleeping?.

Prosecutor - As far as the victims who are deceased, I can't say for sure and that would be one of the details that the investigators would want to protect, because very few people would know the exact location of the victims in the house.

Brian - Do you know, were any messages left behind in the house, like almost symbols from the killer?. Because sometimes, in other cases, you know, if it was like a fetish killing, they would leave something on the body or write something on the wall. Is there anything like that?.

Prosecutor - I'm not aware of anything like that.

Brian - Could drugs be involved in all of this?.

Prosecutor - I've not heard that there's any suspicion that drugs played a role in the killings.

Brian - So, not like a drug deal gone bad or something like that?.

Prosecutor - I'm not aware of anything like that, no.

Link

Brian - One thing that we've been told is that this was targeted, that's one word that's come up, targeted. Can you shed anymore light on that because even with the students and some of the victims families, they've almost been frustrated by that. Not really knowing what what that means.

Prosecutor - It seems like the word targeted has had different understandings for different people who are listening and perhaps isn't the best word to use. The bottom line is, whoever is responsible for this is still at large. That can't be changed. My understanding is the investigators believe that whoever's responsible was specifically looking at this particular residence. But that's all that they can offer at this point.

Brian - Can they say whether they were looking at a particular.. whether the person responsible was looking at a particular individual?.

Prosecutor - I don't think they can say that at this point. They're still.. that's part of the investigation, is trying to determine who might have been the target.

Link

Brian - Are there persons of interest of people that the investigators are looking at?.

Prosecutor - I think it's fair to say that there have been people of interest to the investigators and everyone that they've identified so far they've been able to exonerate. Perhaps exonerate isn't the best word, but they've been able to eliminate them as being an actual suspect. And we do not have a name of a person or persons who are actual suspects. That's what they're focusing on still.

Brian - So, there's not someone behind the scenes that you secretly know about that you're just waiting on one more piece of evidence or one more piece of DNA and then boom, this will be settled?

Prosecutor - I can tell you that we don't.. I'm not aware of any single person with a name that we're focusing on, the investigators are focusing on.

Brian - Okay, so it could be a while?.

Prosecutor - It could be, or it could break open anytime.

(Brian talking to viewers)

That is obviously not what people in this community and what the victims families want to hear right now. There has been this hope that behind the scenes police were making a lot of progress and that perhaps they had seen a suspect on surveillance video, something that just wasn't released to the public. I'm told that is not the case. The prosecutor telling me they have no video of the suspect that he knows of.
A couple of new nuggets I got from law enforcement today - they say there's no evidence at this point that drugs were involved at all in the killings and you've heard them say that this was a targeted murder. I am told by the prosecutor that they don't have any evidence of which victim was specifically targeted. They just feel the house in general was targeted.
Maybe I'm dense, but I didn't read anything that said the house was targeted.

"Prosecutor - I don't think they can say that at this point. They're still.. that's part of the investigation, is trying to determine who might have been the target."

View attachment 383810I am not sure if this has already been raised. The Police are being very careful with their words, this leads me to believe this is no mistake.
They said ‘on the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence.’ - Officers were called at midday, the dog wasn’t located until the night? After several hours? The police could have said ‘on the day’ or just ‘a dog was located’ - they mentioned ‘night’ because the dog must have been located at ‘night.’
‘At the residence’ could also indicate the dog was tied up somewhere outside the residence as opposed to ‘inside the residence.’

So my question is, where was the dog? Why was it not located until night time when the police were on scene from mid day?
Hiding? Imo.

Brian Entin talks with prosecutor.

Videos from twitter combined.

Link

Brian - Do you know, inside the house whether the victims doors were locked in to their individual rooms?.

Prosecutor - I don't know that.

Brian - Were any of the victims found outside of their beds?. Like is it possible some of the victims were not sleeping?.

Prosecutor - As far as the victims who are deceased, I can't say for sure and that would be one of the details that the investigators would want to protect, because very few people would know the exact location of the victims in the house.

Brian - Do you know, were any messages left behind in the house, like almost symbols from the killer?. Because sometimes, in other cases, you know, if it was like a fetish killing, they would leave something on the body or write something on the wall. Is there anything like that?.

Prosecutor - I'm not aware of anything like that.

Brian - Could drugs be involved in all of this?.

Prosecutor - I've not heard that there's any suspicion that drugs played a role in the killings.

Brian - So, not like a drug deal gone bad or something like that?.

Prosecutor - I'm not aware of anything like that, no.

Link

Brian - One thing that we've been told is that this was targeted, that's one word that's come up, targeted. Can you shed anymore light on that because even with the students and some of the victims families, they've almost been frustrated by that. Not really knowing what what that means.

Prosecutor - It seems like the word targeted has had different understandings for different people who are listening and perhaps isn't the best word to use. The bottom line is, whoever is responsible for this is still at large. That can't be changed. My understanding is the investigators believe that whoever's responsible was specifically looking at this particular residence. But that's all that they can offer at this point.

Brian - Can they say whether they were looking at a particular.. whether the person responsible was looking at a particular individual?.

Prosecutor - I don't think they can say that at this point. They're still.. that's part of the investigation, is trying to determine who might have been the target.

Link

Brian - Are there persons of interest of people that the investigators are looking at?.

Prosecutor - I think it's fair to say that there have been people of interest to the investigators and everyone that they've identified so far they've been able to exonerate. Perhaps exonerate isn't the best word, but they've been able to eliminate them as being an actual suspect. And we do not have a name of a person or persons who are actual suspects. That's what they're focusing on still.

Brian - So, there's not someone behind the scenes that you secretly know about that you're just waiting on one more piece of evidence or one more piece of DNA and then boom, this will be settled?

Prosecutor - I can tell you that we don't.. I'm not aware of any single person with a name that we're focusing on, the investigators are focusing on.

Brian - Okay, so it could be a while?.

Prosecutor - It could be, or it could break open anytime.

(Brian talking to viewers)

That is obviously not what people in this community and what the victims families want to hear right now. There has been this hope that behind the scenes police were making a lot of progress and that perhaps they had seen a suspect on surveillance video, something that just wasn't released to the public. I'm told that is not the case. The prosecutor telling me they have no video of the suspect that he knows of.
A couple of new nuggets I got from law enforcement today - they say there's no evidence at this point that drugs were involved at all in the killings and you've heard them say that this was a targeted murder. I am told by the prosecutor that they don't have any evidence of which victim was specifically targeted. They just feel the house in general was targeted.
Thank you for the Transcript!

I was wondering about that earlier. In the first press conference the chief was asked why they think it is a targeted attack. Part of his response was this:

“In these cases we take the totality of the things that we see and they're very dynamic right? and they're very big and there's a lot of information and we try to take that information and some of what we can't share with you, correct? but we try to take that information, we try to make the best educated decision we can. We review that as a team, with our detectives, along with our prosecutors, along with the University and we try to make that best decision on that. So we, at that time, believed that there was no threat and our goal is to provide safety for this community.”

I remember thinking what role would the University play in determining if an off-campus quadruple homicide was a targeted attack or not? Surely they didn’t tour the crime scenes, view the bodies, conduct interviews, etc. So why do police have to include them on their determination of if it’s targeted?

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2
Good question re the university’s involvement in any aspect of a crime scene.

If you watched the food truck video, you will notice there was one man there wearing a tank top and shorts at 1:30 AM, in spite of the cold. Don't underestimate some people's tolerance for extremes. I don't know if he was too wasted to realize, drugged, taking a dare, trying to display bravado...didn't make any sense when you see him near everyone else in warm clothes still moving around trying to stay warm.
it also could not be any of those reasons. some people just run hot, like myself. i open my windows in the dead of winter and people frequently comment about my apparent lack of "appropriate" clothing in the winter. i've lived the majority of my life in one of the coldest places, if not the coldest, in the US plus i naturally run hot so my cold tolerance is extremely high.
MOO

View attachment 383813
From the official police release - this should clear up the fainting rumours.
The unconscious person was a second-floor victim who the roommates believed had passed out.
I think this has to be the end of the fainting theory.
I don't thinkt here really is an end. Too many in the earlier threads pointed to a surviving victim fainting.

Sorry if this has already been posted. There appears to be what looks like blood on the curtains (1st floor), but the murders were said to have occurred on the 2nd and 3rd floors. On one hand it looks like the blood was dipping down from the floor above, but to the left of that it looks like someone could have rubbed up against the curtains. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 951201E8-E0E5-4BE8-8E88-2D4D1C0B57AF.jpeg
    951201E8-E0E5-4BE8-8E88-2D4D1C0B57AF.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
View attachment 383813
From the official police release - this should clear up the fainting rumours.
The unconscious person was a second-floor victim who the roommates believed had passed out.
I think this has to be the end of the fainting theory.
wow, people should really stop making Youtube videos full of rumours when the truth is right there to see.

the toxicology report

Sorry if this has already been posted. There appears to be what looks like blood on the curtains (1st floor), but the murders were said to have occurred on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

In that specific photo, it is the telephone pole with the electrical transformer across the street reflected in the window.

I still feel the reason the BAU was called in virtually immediately is that there was something that stood out about the crime scene. Something like posing of victims, a signature left on or around the victims, or worse. Otherwise local authorities aren't going to be getting on the horn and deferring to profilers so quickly.

My opinion.

May I ask? I've just logged back on to WS. I was reading some posts about the Idaho college students. I didn't find an answer to my question.

Do you know if toxicology screens were done on the four victims? It's not something usually done in cases like this, but it seems important. If there is one perpetrator, and because of the two students asleep on the 1st floor who heard nothing, then something kept the victims from responding or moving. I heard that none of them were bound, but in medicine, there is what's called medical restraint. With the new "cocktail drug" recently in the news, which has Fentanyl mixed with Ketamine (the date rape drug), it or any other drug(s) could have been used to spike drinks in order to restrain the victims and to get out effortlessly. Medical restraining is now illegal in the U.S. and can't be used in nursing homes, etc. We, as physicians, had to be more intelligent than just giving drugs to keep someone from getting out of bed and leaving their room.

I ask this question, because if drugs like the cocktail of Fentanyl/Ketamine was used, it could be found, identified, giving investigators possible leads. For instance, law enforcement officials usually know who the drug dealers are in their areas. If a specific drug(s) was identified, they would be able to focus on the dealers and attempt to find out who purchased similar drugs on or near the campus. I realize it sounds futile to ask a dealer who might have purchased a drug, but sometimes they can cave when faced with four murdered victims.

I hope I'm not rehashing previously discussed topics, but like everyone else, the case has everyone looking for answers.

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
C Kay, MD
@docrocker

Hi Doc, Here is link to coroner office website: Coroner

Per Idaho Code, Title 19, Chapter 43, Section 194301B, the coroner may authorize an autopsy without consent of the next of kin. The forensic autopsy includes a detailed external examination, surgical examination, X-rays, and collection of tissue and bodily fluids. Tissues are prepared and examined microscopically by a forensic pathologist. Bodily fluids are submitted to one or more laboratories locally and throughout the United States for analysis for the detection and quantization of alcohol, prescription or illicit drugs, or poisons. Cultures may also be prepared for determining viral or bacterial diseases. The results are reviewed by the forensics pathologist to aid in determining the cause of death.

Something else interesting under Coroner’s Inquest

Under Idaho Code, the Coroner, if she has reasonable grounds and at her discretion, may conduct an inquest into the manner of death of a person. The Coroner will summon six (6) persons qualified by law to serve as jurors to appear before her to hold said inquest. Jurors shall hear sworn testimony of factual information by witnesses called by the Coroner, review photographs, reports and documents to determine the manner of death. The decision of the Coroner´s inquest is final and not subject to appeal.

I find the last sentence interesting, not applicable for this case but for others. What if the coroner rules a death a suicide but the family thinks it is homicide they have no right to appeal? Does anyone know if this is standard practice in most states or just specific to Idaho?

While I have been trying to keep up with these threads, they're just moving so fast! I love that this community is so engaged, though, and is trying everything to theorize and come up with fresh ideas for discussion. So, my apologies if this has been brought up already. Have we discussed that perhaps a flashlight/phone flashlight was used on his/her phone to move about the house? And IF it were to wake anyone up as they entered a room (I'm the lightest sleeper of all time, drinks or no drinks), they might confusedly stir but be immediately blinded and say 'whoa what is going on or what are you doing?' and not realize/see who is behind the light because they can't see a thing. And then perp is able to advance and engage with them. I kind of think that's more likely than walking blindly into each room with no light, no? Especially if no lights were on in hallways (do we know if any house lights were left on? Nightlights in hallways/rooms?). Again, sorry if I missed this at some point!
I doubt he would use a phone for obvious reasons. But, perhaps a flashlight as that would certainly temporarily blind someone if awoken from their sleep

I still feel the reason the BAU was called in virtually immediately is that there was something that stood out about the crime scene. Something like posing of victims, a signature left on or around the victims, or worse. Otherwise local authorities aren't going to be getting on the horn and deferring to profilers so quickly.

My opinion.
MOO I think the FBI was brought in because Moscow PD doesn’t have a ton of experience with homicides, let alone a quadruple homicide. I believe MPD said only 2 of the 20+ federal agents working this case are with the BAU, so I don’t think they necessarily brought in the FBI BAU in particular, but rather the FBI chose to bring in agents with the BAU because the perpetrator is unknown.

MOO I think the FBI was brought in because Moscow PD doesn’t have a ton of experience with homicides, let alone a quadruple homicide. I believe MPD said only 2 of the 20+ federal agents working this case are with the BAU, so I don’t think they necessarily brought in the FBI BAU in particular, but rather the FBI chose to bring in agents with the BAU because the perpetrator is unknown.
the FBI brings federal funding

Yeah, it has been shown that hypo dogs can alert if you're about to pass out and I'm pretty sure one smarter doodle & and a special phone device combo could enable a woofer to call 911!
This is the first I've heard about a Hypo dog, was it said the dog was a diabetic alert dog? If so, no, they are not trained to notify 911 from an alert, sometimes, as in the case of small children and some brittle adults, the dogs can be trained to go alert another person in the household. But, no, diabetic alert dogs are not trained like seeing eye dogs or seizure dogs to call life alert. I wish, it would be a good addition, but unfortunately our diabetic alert dog is past the age to incorporate it in her training. Also unfortunately, with as much blood as would have been in the house, a diabetic alert dog would have been going crazy in multiple directions. DAD's are also not trained to only one human, it's based on scent of blood sugar alone. My daughters dog has alerted to other people in public places a few times when they've been close enough to us for her to pick up on it.

suggestion, as you're local

what about the university and fire department providing free security checks for student housing?
or issuing some kind of simple 5 point plan re home security? ( maybe with product suggestions?)
or university asking letting agents to conduct those if they're requested?

( I know that university is providing security assistance to and from campus but maybe the risk is in homes & many student rentals have poor security)
The University isn't going to get involved in off-campus housing security issues, that is a matter for home owners, landlords, property management folks, etc. If the community wants information on security measures, they can ask their LE, fire department and others to host some sessions or post things online, etc. but the University is limited to on-campus housing. There are legal issues involved for a state institution getting involved in private sector matters. And they would leave themselves open to litigation which would be likely for all kinds of reasons.

But community groups could step up and provide informaiton on home security to community members, including students who live off campus.

In that specific photo, it is the telephone pole with the electrical transformer across the street reflected in the window.
For real? I’m way behind and just saw that photo. There is no way that’s not blood. Ok, I know others were probably like wth? I will have to go back and look at the pics again so this can make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman