ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't happen at the University, just to University students. If I were murdered at home, my workplace wouldn't be investigated (unless something pointed to the killer being related to my job) automatically just because I happened to work there. I am sure LE has looked in to possible ties if their investigation led them there, but the University isn't necessarily directly involved by default. All MOO
I don’t think you understand the relationship the university has with the surrounding properties and management of safety within a perimeter of the university. especially with frats and sororities. Moreover, if you worked at a business and lived on the edge of business property with other roommates that all worked at that business then yes they would be investigating that business.

They're actually popping up everywhere. I do have to wonder if someone saw them there and followed them home, but doubt the axes or knives from the bar had anything to do with it.

In the UK, pubs with axe throwing are huge!

Facts as per MPD 30/11:
* K&M were at a bar called Corner Club at 202 N. Main Street between 10 p.m. Nov 12th and 1:30 a.m. Nov 13th
* Ca 1:40 a.m. K&M were seen on video at a food vendor the “Grub Truck” at 318 S. Main Street
* K&M used a private party for a ride home, arriving at 1122 King Road around 1:56 a.m.
* E&X were seen at the Sigma Chi house at 735 Nez Perce Drive
* At ca 1:45 a.m. on Nov 13th, E&X are believed to have returned to 1122 King Road
* E did technically not live there but was visiting
* The two surviving roommates (SR) had also been out in the Moscow community, separately, and returned home by 1 a.m. on Nov 13th
* SR did not wake up until later that morning
* SR summoned friends to the residence on Nov 13th because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up
* At 11:58 a.m. a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person from one of the SRs’ cell phones inside the residence, multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher
* Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the 2nd floor and two victims on the 3rd floor
* Autopsies were conducted on Nov 17th, coroner confirmed their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing
* The four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times
* There was no sign of sexual assault
-
* No suspects are in custody
* No weapon has been located
* The identity of the 911 caller has not been released
* PD has not verified or identified Kaylee having a stalker
* Rumours about the victims being tied and gagged are not accurate
* On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence, it was unharmed, turned over to Animal Services, and later released to a responsible party
* Local businesses were contacted to determine if a fixed-blade knife had been recently purchased
* Detectives seized the contents of 3 dumpsters on King Road to locate possible evidence
* On Nov 29 detectives relocated 5 vehicles from within the police perimeter to a more secure long-term storage location to continue processing evidence
* After the interview with Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson, his responses were tweeted in a way to make it appear as if new information had been released about the targeting. This is not true, there is no new info released atm
-
At this time, these people are believed not to be involved in this crime:
* Two surviving roommates (SM)
* Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video
* Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on 11/13
* The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of 11/13
* Any individual at the residence when 911 was called

At this time, these events are believed not to be connected:
* The 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington
* The 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon
* The 10/21 murder and skinning of a dog in Moscow
* The deceased animals left on property in Moscow - determine to be wildlife activity
* The 9/12 argument between pedestrians and a cyclist who displayed a folding knife during the confrontation, in Moscow

Last edited:
True, but the first sentence of the article reads

Slain University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves told her father she had a stalker, but police have not been able to identify the person, according to a new report.

There is nothing in the rest of the article to support the claim that she told her father this.
Nope, all hearsay for sure.

Isn’t it odd that the university is not being investigated? If this was a private business the feds would be tearing it apart. The university is the home of so many different people with diverse backgrounds and capabilities. But LE is not talking about the campus that I know of.
We do not know who is and is not being investigated. It is likely that LE have interviewed people who were at the Sigma Chi party, and probably are attempting to learn more of E and X's activities that night, which will likely lead to more investigation, but I see no reason why the university, itself, would be investigated. The murders happened in off-campus housing. The university is not liable for the safety of its' students when they are not on university property. And while the university certainly would try to protect their own image, I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate they have in any way been anything other than supportive of the families and LE's efforts to bring this murderer to justice. JMO

What difference does it matter if they were on probation? It seems like a weird attempt at victim shaming to bring it up.

It is odd the University is publicizing that, but is it public record? LE is likely aware as I'm sure they're looking for any suspects/motives. Say, one of the girls turned in their sorority for violations for example? I think LE needs to know that information, but I do think it's weird that UI released it and MSM ran with it. MOO.

Does anybody know the tallest building on campus? Typically Universities have more cameras than you would ever know. It is common to mount one on top of the tallest building to keep an eye on things. Even locations off campus from the eye in the sky? But nobody is talking about anything on campus. Why? it is literally right there and they is what all the victims had in common. Don’t assume that University self preservation is not potentially at play.

I don’t think you understand the relationship the university has with the surrounding properties and management of safety within a perimeter of the university. especially with frats and sororities. Moreover, if you worked at a business and lived on the edge of business property with other roommates that all worked at that business then yes they would be investigating that business.
I understand all of that. What I don't understand is how the University as a business entity and school relates to the murder investigation, unless something lead then to believe that it was related. If they haven't found anything to tie the killing to the University itself, then they wouldn't need to investigate it. They are looking for an individual or individuals who killed 4 students. The University can aid with trying to narrow down the identity, but investigating the University just because they were students who lived near-by off campus respectfully does not connect for me personally. IMOO of course

Last edited:
If the police had a suspect wouldn't they want to search the persons house immediately and take them in for questioning?

Or is there legal reasons for not wanting to rush it? Like, it jeopardize the case as it's not just cause.

My knowledge of legal matters is based on tv and film, so hoping someone with expertise could shed some light.

My gut feeling is that the police know who the suspect is but are being careful as it's such a high profile crime.

If the police had a suspect wouldn't they want to search the persons house immediately and take them in for questioning?

Or is there legal reasons for not wanting to rush it? Like, it jeopardize the case as it's not just cause.

My knowledge of legal matters is based on tv and film, so hoping someone with expertise could shed some light.

My gut feeling is that the police know who the suspect is but are being careful as it's such a high profile crime.
If someones house had been searched, would we have heard about it?

What difference does it matter if they were on probation? It seems like a weird attempt at victim shaming to bring it up.
Their sororities are on probation. The victims were not on probation.
This is fairly common. The most common culprit is underage drinking.
M and X have not been active with their sororities recently.

Very interesting report from Fox News hot off the wire that Pi Beta Phi and Alpha Phi, University of Idaho sororities, are on probation for 'violations concerning risk or risk management, alcohol/drugs, or hazing'. Kaylee was in Alpha Phi and Xana and Maddie were in Pi Beta Phi. Not sure if this disciplinary probation started before or after the murders.

Very interesting report from Fox News hot off the wire that Pi Beta Phi and Alpha Phi, University of Idaho sororities, are on probation for 'violations concerning risk or risk management, alcohol/drugs, or hazing'. Kaylee was in Alpha Phi and Xana and Maddie were in Pi Beta Phi. Not sure if this disciplinary probation started before or after the murders.

Hi, IIRC this was discussed previously, the probations were before the murders and it was speculated that this led to many more parties at private accommodation. Also widely discussed that probations for these reasons are not unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper