ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Stacy Chapin's transcript (Mother of Ethan), E and X were found in the same room. To my knowledge, no confirmation about E in the hallway. JMO

I have edited my comment to reflect this detail is unconfirmed

My guess would be since E was found outside of a bedroom, it started in the room with the 2 girls. Likely E, and maybe X, heard something, went to investigate, encountered the killer in hallway and was killed there
If the target was one of the girls it probably started on the third floor. Maybe they waited outside after K&M came home just to be sure that everyone else is sleeping and because girls knew them they came to the third floor balcony and ask them to let them in (no force entry) and they did. Or they somehow alerted them that they are here (pebble to window) and then girls opened sliding doors for them. My imagination is going wild.... but who knows. And then when it all started on the third floor, maybe E or X. heard some commotion and went to investigate, or if 911 call was about unresponsive female that was not a surviving victim that fainted but rather X who went to toilet or investigating they attacked her, she fought back a little or it was E that was attacked first if he was the one in the hallway... So many possibilities.

My inclination has always been that E intercepted the killer when they entered. Either it was someone they knew (and he let them in and guard was down) or he heard a noise and went to investigate. With E out of the way, the girls are more vulnerable. Once X was killed, there would have been a whole floor between the SRs and the 3rd floor, making noise less of an issue. It seems hard to imagine with K + M in the same bed that one of them would not have screamed, but given that they had been drinking that night maybe it all happened so fast that they didn't have the time or realization about what was happening to make a sound before it was too late. MOO. Heartbreaking.

They were all likely asleep when they were killed according to the coroner.

Do we know for sure E was found outside the bedroom? I know there's been speculation, but do we know for sure? Source? If that is the case then your theory sounds pretty logical.
No. No we don’t. His mother made a comment in her first interview that he and X were in the same room. That’s all we have to that effect.
All the rest is pure abounding speculation.

Have you ever wondered how the killer felt safe enough presumably thinking they were asleep? Have you ever wondered how long the killer was in the house before attacking? Could the killer hear so much directly outside the rooms to feel like they were asleep? Why not presume they might be on their phone or being intimate and not asleep? I think this is worth thinking about.

Personally, I have many questions about this.

@MorganRomeroTV

BREAKING: I just received this letter on behalf of the Latah Co Prosecutor I interviewed earlier: "Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you today. We want to let you know that there was a miscommunication between detectives and my office..."

"To clarify, investigators do not believe the murders were random, but we cannot unequivocally state the residence, or any occupants, were specifically targeted. I apologize for any confusion."

CORRECTION FROM #MoscowPD "Conflicting information has been released over the past 24 hours. The Latah County Prosecutor’s Office stated the suspect(s) specifically looked at this residence, and that one or more of the occupants were undoubtedly targeted."
Oh my, … do not believe they were random, but can’t specifically say they were targeted.

I don’t get it I just don’t get it

I'd be curious to know if LE has evidence of the killer going into any of the vacant rooms? Particularly Kaylee's? If it's determined at autopsy that X and E were the first to be killed, there may be blood dripping from the knife, or this guy has blood on his glove or tracking it with his shoes. He goes upstairs, opens the door or walks into Kaylee's room sees she's not in there but maybe leaves a blood trail there, then goes into Maddie's room where he finds them two in bed. Or he goes straight into Maddie's room, then after he's done he goes back down the stairs knowing he's killed his target and leaves no trace of evidence in Kaylee's room. That would probably mean he knows the victims. He doesn't need to check Kaylee's room because she was in Maddie's room.

But then again, maybe he was watching the window from the back and saw that they went to bed together. Man, too many questions.
if s/he was unknown to the people in the house, I am not sure why s/he did not just flee after the first murder- if s/he was known to them, then there would be a greater motive to kill witnesses because they might more easily ID the killer IMO

If the target was one of the girls it probably started on the third floor. Maybe they waited outside after K&M came home just to be sure that everyone else is sleeping and because girls knew them they came to the third floor balcony and ask them to let them in (no force entry) and they did. Or they somehow alerted them that they are here (pebble to window) and then girls opened sliding doors for them. My imagination is going wild.... but who knows. And then when it all started on the third floor, maybe E or X. heard some commotion and went to investigate, or if 911 call was about unresponsive female that was not a surviving victim that fainted but rather X who went to toilet or investigating they attacked her, she fought back a little or it was E that was attacked first if he was the one in the hallway... So many possibilities.

The DA said LE believe the house was targeted but does not have any evidence that a specific person was targeted in the house.

My opinion.

My heart breaks that nobody was there for Xana. E’s mom didn’t mention her, no family was there, no Pi Phis spoke about her bright life. Nothing.

It seemed so cold whereas the other three were warmly remembered by those who loved them.

They said her memorial is on Friday. Maybe it's in AZ, which would explain no family. But why not have them prerecord a video or have a friend step in?

Is anyone else now wondering if this is how they know the time of death so precisely? Based on Alivea's claim Kaylee repeatedly called people until they answered; maybe they were attacked while making those phone calls to JD?

MOO
I'm thinking TOD has more to do with autopsy. Things like stomach content and blood condition gives them a precise time.

Jmo
Is it a fact he was outside the bedroom? I've skipped a few pages.
No it's not a fact.

I don’t get it. A house is inanimate.
When this story first broke, I IMMEDIATELY thought of the Chi Omega murders. I was 8 years old when it happened and it was the first time anything like that was shown on TV. I have no earthly idea why I immediately thought of him but I do believe this is something very similar.

“We have spoken with the Latah County Prosecutor’s Office and identified this was a miscommunication. Detectives do not currently know if the residence or any occupants were specifically targeted but continue to investigate.”

Good golly, Miss Molly. I'm just...

I don’t get it. A house is inanimate.
Is this a real question? If it is, a target that you are shooting an arrow at is an inanimate object. It's still a target.

But to clarify, if a residence or place or something that people might be present at is a target, it means that ANYONE could have been there and that person would have been killed.

Shooter with the Zoo as a target. Doesn't care WHO gets killed as long as they kill someone. The Zoo is the target, not the people. Maybe the shooter hates the zoo so he wants all people to be afraid of the zoo. Does that help?

Why wouldn't the killer just open the window and jump from the balcony? He doesn't have to worry about confronting somebody else and possibly being overpowered. The balcony doesn't look like it's that high up?

He goes straight up the third floor. Takes out his target. Maybe makes some noise and now he thinks somebody downstairs might have heard it. It's either unknown to him who's down there or it is known to him and he knows it's Ethan who, like I said, was a big kid. Do you go down and possibly get overpowered or do you go out the window in Maddie's room and jump from the balcony to make your escape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253