ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we totally sure about that he lived at the frat house? Why was his car parked in the front of the house if it was in walking distance? I know, this can also be possible too, even if it's close by..he may have been planning on driving that morning etc. I don't mean to question you but didn't know this.
Not even a 5 min walk, Brian Entin does the walk in this video, it’s like a minute. I don’t know if this is where E resided.

Is there any any actual description of the violence of the crime scenes as it pertains to bloodiness by anyone of authority? I scrolled through the media thread but it was too daunting candidly. I ojust watched a Fox News clip where the woman insinuated a blood bath but where is she getting this? I’d like to refer to the primary source(s).

Tonight at 5:52 CST Wolf Blitzer on CNN reports Moscow LE now says a sixth person was living in the house?!??!?! I know I didn't misunderstand this but WTF? If true, this might be my candidate for either the suspect or someone who is being protected because they know too much. This is hard to believe given that, if true, it didn't leak before now.

My quibble absolutely wasn’t with your post at all; it was directed at a reported who didn’t have the correct facts. Apologies for not making that clear.
no problem at all Nony.
I had to look back to see when I'd posted that. ( Have not been able to watch the interview yet)

Anyway, Emerald has since typed up a transcript & it appears Steve is now saying the Coroner showed him photos.
TBH I don't know what to believe right now

Is there any any actual description of the violence of the crime scenes as it pertains to bloodiness by anyone of authority? I scrolled through the media thread but it was too daunting candidly. I ojust watched a Fox News clip where the woman insinuated a blood bath but where is she getting this? I’d like to refer to the primary source(s).
If you look at the early news reports, LE said it was like nothing they’d ever seen in 20 years. Coroner said multiple stab wounds to upper body. Blood seeping out side of house indicated it was bloody also… LE have never said this so directly.

very helpful to see a transcript - thank you.

do you think it's realistic that Coroner showed him photos of an empty room? ( Kaylee's)
is he also implying that the cops have told him recently - after the vigil - to not mention where she was killed? or , do you think he means further back, they told him?
I was thinking they showed him a pic of the room - is this your daughter’s room? And it was pristine hence why he then said something to the effect of ‘there was nothing in there’ - which is why he would know she was in M’s room.

Tonight at 5:52 CST Wolf Blitzer on CNN reports Moscow LE now says a sixth person was living in the house?!??!?! I know I didn't misunderstand this but WTF? If true, this might be my candidate for either the suspect or someone who is being protected because they know too much. This is hard to believe given that, if true, it didn't leak before now.
I’m going to have to hear that (verbal/written) from LE before I remove my salt shaker. JMHO

I was thinking they showed him a pic of the room - is this your daughter’s room? And it was pristine hence why he then said something to the effect of ‘there was nothing in there’ - which is why he would know she was in M’s room.

Thanks EJ but why would the coroner show that to him? wouldn't LE do that?

ONE. Public Safety?
If Med Examiner's Autopsy Report referred to Taser marks on one/some victims, LE could publicly disclose ---- a Taser was used.
But why? So the public watches for ppl brandishing Tasers? Would this help keep the public safe?
Does it make sense for someone on a street/sidewalk to think-- Oh, somebody wearing a hoodie is approaching, but I do not see a Taser in hand, so no danger to me?

If ppl are situationally aware/alert about potential dangers to their personal safety, they are cautious, can/may perceive others who are potential threats.
With or w'out a visible Taser, stun gun, knife, gun, other weapon.

OTOH, ppl out and about w their eyes glued to their cells may be (are likely to be imo) oblivious to others approaching them in a threatening manner.
With or w'out a visible Taser, stun gun, knife, gun, other weapon.

TWO. False Confessions?
Let's say a Taser was used in these Moscow murders, and LE publicly releases that info. During later interviews, how can LE distinguish whether a person knows of the Taser because of MSM reports or because that person committed the murders or is somehow involved in the crimes.
As @OldCop posted, releasing investigatory findings can lead to false confessions and cause LE to needlessly waste time sorting them.
If a Taser was used, then after an arrest, during discovery, the state provides Autopsy Report, etc. to the def't. & counsel, who gather evidence to present.
Then at trial, Med. Examiner testifies; def. counsel cross-examines ME/other witnesses on it, etc.
Imo seems that's the time for Taser info (if applicable to this case) to be made public --- as part of all the evidence the jury uses in deliberating to find the accused guilty or not guilty.

JM2Cents.
Surely not?!?
It's what they said and nothing more. Breaking News as it broke but I'm dismayed to put it mildly. What they did not say is the purported sixth person was present the night of the crimes.

I believe that it is confirmed Kaylee was already moved out of 1122 king street and was just visiting. Seems like an important detail in the investigation. Because there had to be a decent amount of forethought put into this quadruple homicide. The timing of it and the avoiding of cameras.

Living or was at the house when the killings were carried out?

also august 13, november 13. uncanny similarities, but supposedly not related :/

Actually, I interpreted how he answered was yes he knew because LE told him, but that it shouldn’t have been a surprise to other people.
IMO So funny how we all hear different things listening to the same interview. Another case where a transcription would be helpful.
What I heard : There was a picture he referred to in this interview of his daughter's bed, in her bedroom at the rental house, all made up - aka -not slept in. He saw it when speaking with the coroner I believe, but he referred to the picture as being "out there" - which I took to mean he thought it was in the media - so he thought it was no big deal to say that his daughter was in Maddies bed. I have never seen any pics from the bedroom's at the rental house since the crime.
Did I miss them ?
To be fair -
He is a loving grieving father –IMO in deep emotional turmoil reacting to a traumatic event –
I would afford him some grace and hope he can eventually find some comfort with his family, loved ones and friends

I would take his statements as his own opinions/interpretations but that's just me

JMO

Meanwhile, frat boy is thinking about what's going to happen. He sees himself kicked out of school, maybe arrested. Decides the only thing he can do is stop E from telling anyone.
MOO: The idea that someone, especially E&X, saw something and the murder was committed to avoid consequences is not bad in itself, but imo it mainly does not match the weapon choice nor the crime scene. I think that would allign better with a fast, clean kill, not excessive stabbing.
Possibly there was enough noise to awaken E and X, and E confronts the perp coming down the steps and is stabbed.
he said 3 am is what is called ‘kidney time,’ that is, when most people are prompted physically to wake to use the restroom. Perhaps E did just that and the killer ran into him on the way out.
There is no reason to assume E fighting the prep, other than some cognitive bias via internalized sexism, imo. All victimes were told to be "likely asleep" and the only one who has been mentioned to have defensive wounds was X.
Motive?
A) random thrill kill for a psychopath
B) felt spurned by one of the girls
C) bigoted toward Greek life
D) some sort of roommate dispute between any of the 5 girls and/or perhaps a BF
E) hit prompted by drug debt of one of the students or a parent
F) other?
G) Mental illness involving paranoia (See Donald Lunde's excellent book, Murder and Madness)
H) Mental illness involving delusions
I) Shared social setting (such as a local hang-out) where conflict between perp and one or more victims had occurred
J) There's a grievance collector in the area who also fits DSM criteria for disordered thinking
another possibility is that it was originally a planned SA attack, not murder, on one of the girls on the 3rd floor and it went awry
MOO: I'd say B by far on the first (perp knowing the victim), followed by some combination of C-A-J (perp not knowing the victim at all or at least not notably well) and K) was planned to be SA, but changed into murder (perp somewhat knowing the victim, inc stalker etc)
As a parent, if this happened to my daughter…I’d find great comfort knowing she didn’t die alone. And maybe that would be the only thing that would get me through this horror
Some people have commented on my remark interpreting that as insensitive. I'm sorry about that. MOO: I get the probable emotional reasoning behind the dad mentioning them sleeping in the same bed. I just wanted to be as neutral/factual as possible and leave the door open for the not-really-probable options like maybe LE told him to include that bit of info, either because it was not true or because it was connected to the presumed motive, because they knew the prep would be at the vigil and wanted to observe his reaction. Extremely unlikely, I know. There could also be other unlikely reasons, like doing in in spite of the PD etc.
Why does everyone mention the perp may commit suicide? The killer has no feelings. Why on earth would he kill himself?
MOO: a killer like that might have no empathic feelings towards the suffering of his victims. That does not mean, that he has no feelings. Especially, someone who has taken such an extreme measure like killing someone, moreover killing 4 people over no obvious motive, is probably very emotional in a way. Mainly, very sensitive to not getting his way. So if the walls start closing in... they refuse to deal with the consequences. Some even write a trashy-novel-style fake cover story in their suicide letter. Look at Brian Laundrie.

Last edited:
very helpful to see a transcript - thank you.

do you think it's realistic that Coroner showed him photos of an empty room? ( Kaylee's)
is he also implying that the cops have told him recently - after the vigil - to not mention where she was killed? or , do you think he means further back, they told him?
IMO he was talking about this photo that’s been in several news stories (the bed shown in the upstairs bedroom - presumably Kaylee’s).

ABF9614C-84B9-4C01-AB07-EDEB1DB0A2D4.jpeg

I’m very surprised Kaylee’s dad has her phone and appears to have had it for awhile. I would think that would be held by LE as evidence, especially since it’s unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member