ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the police know very little.
It will be 3 weeks from the date tomorrow night.
In the Sarah Everard case the suspect was arrested 6 days later, although they had lots of CCTV evidence and a number plate.

Does the fact that police aren't releasing any descriptions or photofits or video footage of a suspect mean that they don't have anything?
Or does it mean they know who the suspect is and are waiting on DNA evidence or other evidence to nail him?

yes that photo is on the thread, a few pages back. Have a look and see if you feel that you could say, definitively, from the limited view, whether you can see enough of that bed to say it is ' made' & that nobody died in that room or was attacked somewhere else in that room.

If I can find it quickly, I'll bump it again
It is hard to say JMO
Hi there!
Person of interest and Business as usual
Greetings from Belgium
in this case BAU was used as Behavioral Analysis Unit, analysing the behaviour of the perpetrator for profiling them

In the Sarah Everard case the suspect was arrested 6 days later, although they had lots of CCTV evidence and a number plate.

Does the fact that police aren't releasing any descriptions or photofits or video footage of a suspect mean that they don't have anything?
Or does it mean they know who the suspect is and are waiting on DNA evidence or other evidence to nail him?
I’m inclined to believe (and am hoping) it’s the latter. That they have a suspect in mind and are building a case

' Maddie & Kaylee died in the same bed' ( in new clip on msm)

now presented as fact, despite everything we discussed hours ago about a careful reading of Steve's words could simply mean that he has assumed this and does not actually know this for a fact

I'm really disgusted by the terrible journalism on this case. Somehow the single-sourced words of a grieving family member who was not at the scene of the murder and most likely hasn't toured the scene of the murder are becoming canon and treated as fact. This is so wrong on so many levels.

Kaylee was a member of Alpha Phi sorority and Maddie and Xana were members of Pi Beta Phi. Kayleee and Maddie were best friends since 6th grade, why did they pledge different sororities and why did they drop out last semester of the sororities? Just MO0, not sure if it’s related to the case but it could be. Both sororities are on disciplinary probation
Sorority and Frat‘s serve multiple purpose. Friendships, fun, and activism in the early years typically and then there’s the beyond college for alliance with the larger organization And the connections to paying jobs. The best friends might have chosen their select sorority to make connections in their prospective study fields. Not all students base their decision off of study field for connections later but my children did this and have been successful finding great jobs through the fraternal order. And, by the time they’re seniors in college they’d had enough of the babysitting, so to speak. They were looking forward to the next stage in life, just as these girls had already established.

I'm really disgusted by the terrible journalism on this case. Somehow the single-sourced words of a grieving family member who was not at the scene of the murder and most likely hasn't toured the scene of the murder are becoming canon and treated as fact. This is so wrong on so many levels.

also, while I have criticised the LE investigation at some points ( since I joined these threads, late in thread 15) am also noticing almost every news host now has a pop at LE.
Once you pick-up on it, it seems to be everywhere.

Noticed a new one yesterday, where the show host audibly sighs & kinda eyerolls when mentioning law enforcement.
Hope this doesn't feed through to officers on ground - could be demoralising

also remembering that LE in that case, did not release anything at all about PoI until after they'd arrested him.
( requests for dash cam were made etc & yielded results from bus camera at the scene of abduction iirc)

some victims also contacted the cops re older complaints

I really do think it's worth it for MPD to publicly appeal to local women/students about previous incidences of peepers/creepers who they haven't reported in the past. ( So many women don't report)

‘Following the press conference, Moscow police said in a statement on Facebook that "the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence" because they thought one of the victims had passed out and wasn't waking up. Several people spoke to the 911 dispatcher, police wrote.

No sane person could mix up the following scenarios.
-Being unconscious
-Dead for several hours / not an obvious cause.
-And stabbed and dead/ extensive bleeding.

A surviving roommate sees a dead stabbed body / bodies) and calls friends to the residence???
But if the killer had locked the interior bedroom doors upon leaving, and the surviving roommates could not get their roommate to respond to beating on the door/ calling, or if they could see into a window the the rommmate was in there but not responding, but still not be close enough for a good look, you MIGHT get this assumption that the roommate is passed out and say that when calling for help. Obviously, MOO, i am just seeing this as a possibility. It would mean that blood was not obvious between rooms. Maybe a few drops of blood alerted the survivors, who then could not get into the bedroom. in absence of obvious crime, they would not first assume murder, but rather overdose, fell and hit head while drinking, etc.

So I doubt if there is a door involving the stairway?
I can't imagine one on the first floor due to space constraints.
Exactly. No door separating any portion of the stairs between the 1st & 2nd floor. When you enter the front door on the 1st floor (basement/ground level, the door with the code), the stairs leading to the second floor are literally immediately to the left as soon as you step into the house. There is no switchback on the stairs, they just lead straight up into the living room. The photo in my last post is the view from the 2nd floor living room. No door between 2nd and 3rd floors, either.

Yes it makes perfect sense but I don’t know the answers.
Honestly, I can’t look too much into this subject because a little bit is so unsettling.
I’m just speculating but despite their similarities which is what I read addressed, they must have all kinds of differences too, as all demographics do.
Some may depend on opportunities, as an example, the wife is not home that night.
Or maybe their desire to kill is just on their own timetable, like a normal persons desire to travel or eat are on their own personal timetables.
I really don’t know.
It’s hard to look into a mind of such depravity, I don’t know how people who work in that field do it without developing PTSD.
I feel the same way and I get exactly what you’re saying… it’s like, when I said what I said above… it was more like “wondering out loud online”… because while I AM curious, I’m actually a bit too chicken to look into that kind of stuff… my fear is that if I actually go googling for an answer, the cost of obtaining that answer will be that I have to weed through a ton of other dark and unsettling information I’d rather maintain an “ignorance is bliss” relationship with… if you know what I mean. The most convenient solution would be someone with knowledge of the topic stumbles across my post and gives me a direct answer without me having to expose myself to all the bad stuff… I find the psychology fascinating, but I don’t do well with gruesome details… sometimes, I literally can’t read about it or watch it on TV or in a documentary or anything like that because it really affects me. I’ll get nightmares and stuff and it’s horrible. I agree with you, I don’t know how most people do it without developing some form of PTSD, but I am also grateful for those people. There is something in their brains that allow them to compartmentalize, that allows them to use their expertise in helping to solve these crimes without letting the most horrid aspects of cases hinder their work or infiltrate their functioning. We need these people, so while I’m certainly not one of them, I thank God for them!

Last edited:

The Sarah Everard case isn't a good comparison though as hers was a missing person/abduction case so the police had to move as quickly as possible as it was possible she was still alive somewhere

Do you reckon the delay in arresting Sarah's killer could have been due to his job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer