ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you meant to finish a thought here, but I agree with the sentiment. What does that even mean if the victims were all asleep or in bed or on different floors? It's not like they were all fighting the perp in the same room, unless that is what actually happened (which would be a major twist... and maybe unlikely given other information from family members and coroner about location of bodies). But yea I thought the sister's comment on that was odd
Yes, it posted before i was finished, and the I decided not to rehash it all and deleted. It does not add up bc pretty sure it was released that the four of them were not found together. The other option is that there were 4 murderers, but i dont think sister could have had that info when she posted that…?

I tend to agree with Kaylee's father (SG) that if an individual had a strong alibi, they would do everything they could to get cleared (like the neighbor that was mentioned before who submitted his DNA voluntarily). Especially before leaving on holiday or doing anything else that could arise suspicion. I'm talking generally and not referring to a specific individual so as to not violate forum rules. Because why wouldn't you? I'd be giving DNA, alibis, people that can vouch for you, basically anything possible. Not only to protect myself/my family, but also to HELP LE get closer to the real perp.

The only reasons I can think of that someone (especially someone who is being publicly dragged through the mud on social media) WOULDN'T be doing that above is if (a) they were told by LE to NOT do so publicly so as to throw off the real perp but behind the scenes is obviously cleared or (b) they are the perp.

MOO

Perhaps they aren't aware that they are being dragged through the mud. Not everybody scours social media to see if armchair sleuths figure they are a suspect when they have already spoken to police. Maybe they already did that and

The answers they've given LE seem to be sufficient to appease people who are literally trained in these types of investigation. Perhaps LE has video footage of them at a specific location at the time of the murders or he may have even clocked into work and was right beside another employee for the balance of a shift or maybe he did provide LE with a DNA sample.

How will an investigation advance if LE has to keep diverting resourses to respond to social media gossip and how long is it going to take before some nutjob decides to become famous for killing someone social media feels is 'the one'? This is a danerous game that's being played.

I wouldn't read too much into grieving parents opinion of the severity. It would be a horrible emotional moment to witness any wounds. If LE did not state the difference in severity, I think it would be hard for a parent to decipher.

It appears that LE isn't relaying all the info as the family is telling it to the press.
The families received their childrens' bodies, it's natural that they know what they know including severity of attack based upon viewing the body externally.

I don't feel that LE really wants the family to shut up but I do think they would like it if they understood that they are not a member of LE and they are not qualified to be directly involved in the investigation.

If they have questions that need answers, they will consult with family members and don't want animosity complicating an investigation.
Oh, I suspect they do. SG has said as much. I expect a gag order coming soon before someone gets hurt by the dropping of names and suspicions that are not supported by LE or the evidence they currently possess. This is becoming dangerous, and needs to stop, IMO.

During the BE News Nation interview, when asked if the family could elaborate on any suspicions they may have, Mrs G said she thought certain persons were ruled out far too early and Mr G piped up "SHE had a good alibi. I dont know what would stop LE from sharing an alibi".
They think a female was involved or has knowledge of what occurred.
So do I.
He never said she, he said 'share'

Murphy the Dog. Surviving Housemates. What LE 'Knows'.
This part is odd too. Was the dog in a crate? ....And if it was crated by the victims before they went to bed or something, wouldn't that be something the surviving roommates could confirmed ("we put the dog in the crate every night. or the spare room") or something like that. Just weird to me they don't know more about this, but not sure that it's really relevant..?
Snipped for focus. @nightowl Interesting post, thanks.

But the comment ASSUMES
1. Surviving Housemates did not tell LE of either:
---- what was done w dog that specific night, that is, if SurHou(s) actually observed what happened, or
---- the usual pre-sleep habits of owner & dog (and altho a habit is a habit, is it followed 100% of the time?)
2. If SurHou told LE either of the above, that LE would have publicly released specifics about the dog that night.
3. LE is not aware of where dog was that night.

I tend to hold off making assumptions like these, even assumptions that LE would make public stmts, seemingly innocuous ones like this. jmo, moo, imo. Stress on seemingly.

ETA: IDK. May in fact be totally irrelevant to any aspect of the investigation. maybe irrelevant to either prosecution or defense at trial. But ATM, I doubt if LE knows if it's somehow relevant, so I'd expect it would not be disclosed. Could be wrong.

Last edited:
If LE would do just one thing, we could reduce posts by 1/3 or more.

Just tell us where Murphy was during commission of the crime & after if they know (and methinks they do).

Is there a more famous mini golden doodle? So happy he wasn't harmed.

Woof Woof
:p:Do_O
Would be interesting to know. I don’t know that dog, but I love that little dog.

yes this was addressed before. she did make a post with her and the roommates which would show she was back. she also had been out and about in town since Friday and people would have known she was there/the killer if he were stalking the house would have seen she was there.
But then that raises other questions in my mind about motivation. You have to be exceedingly motivated to do what this murderer did. And someone so motivated wouldn't have seemingly left the murder until after the victim had graduated & moved away, i.e. what if KG never came back to visit?

And so she appears that weekend-you'd be going from zero to 100 pretty quickly for a multiple murder of this type to occur over a weekend. If you were that motivated, again, why wait until she was gone?

I'm just so perplexed by this case. It has to be someone VERY motivated. But, by what? A serial killer needing a fix, a personal vendetta, a group dispute? Unless LE has something tipping the scales it seems impossible to focus on a particular type of suspect.

Latecomer here so sorry if this has been addressed. Did we ever get clarification on why Kaylee's dad said "no one suffered"? I'm hoping it's just his way of dealing. These reporters are terrible at follow up questions.

Agreed. And he did NOT, as media keeps saying ‘walk off into the same direction”as them. They clearly go immediate left, and he walks all the way to the corner and turns right.
People on here saying he ran so he did not have to be interviewed— it has been WEEKS. I am sure he was interviewed early on. LE in fact has publicly cleared him. If he fled the country, and they suspected him, we would hear of an international manhunt.
It has been speculated that LE is still investigating the individuals that they "do not believe to be involved". If this is the case and one of them is actually guilty and leaves the country, whether it is WHG or not, this could be quite embarassing for LE. IMO, if they had evidence on any of the so-called cleared individuals, they would have to act on it and not string it out. It would be a dereliction of duty not to act. The only thing that can be concluded from the cleared individuals is that there is no evidence they did anything. I'm not sleuthing the "cleared" individuals, just offering an explanation for LE's actions WRT to the cleared individuals, IMO.

I find it relevant that He/ they did not kill the dog
JMO
If the dog was in a crate in the empty 3rd floor bedroom with the door closed and was a quiet dog as family described, how would the killer(s) even know that there was a dog?
If they DiD realize that the dog was in a crate and was quiet maybe they thought the dog would howl when the suspect attempted to terminate the dog.

I thought maybe I'd once read a case out of Europe in which there was a solve because the brother of the guilty-party gave DNA when a village was mass-tested. But I didn't have luck finding such a case. I was only able to find an example of mass-testing done in Germany in 2019 (Claudia R. case), but no result. However I don't think it would be necessary in the United States where many more people have done Ancestry kits compared to in Europe.
I would also like to know the answer to your question, though.
All of this JMO.
I think this may be the case you are referring to - they processed 18,000 DNA samples in an Italian village to find the person who murdered a 13 year old .... the murderer was an illegitimate son and a relative of his dead father provided a sample that ultimately led to the identification of the murderer

was that daily update the new info we were getting? is there a press conference?

And that also means there is no indication of who may have been more brutally attacked than who else. We only know that SG said there were "differences" in the "means of death." The nature of those differences has not yet been disclosed.
With all due respect, I think this father has had enough. Whether he is right or wrong, morally or by investigative/LE standards. When I see parents speak out in this way (thinking Natalee Holloway, etc., etc.), I cannot blame them, especially after a certain amount of time.

On WS, this is clinical/stimulating/speculative talk -- all at best. Could you imagine being the parent of one of these kids when LE, the coroner, etc. have given you ANY info at all? If it was me, I'd be like white on rice about everything I've learned.

What I'm getting at is that Kaylee's parents and likely the other parents have been privy to a lot more info than the public has. And that goes for the press as we watch them distastefully try to pull info from especially Kaylee's parents. I believe Kaylee's dad when he says his daughter was killed differently. I'll just wait for LE to confirm it ... or not.

ALL MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member