ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his presumption that K and/or M were targeted is actually based on a combination of what only he knew about K's wounds, and LE and city admin initially said to him, and the public in the initial press conferences. When LE first said "this was targeted" I think LE truly felt specific girls were targeted at that time, based on the higher level of brutality of attack on K.

But they have since walked that back, kind of maybe. The intial targeted statement and then the walk back actually reminds me a bit of the Collier case, where LE also said it was "targeted and personal" the first week, but in the end, it wasn't targeted, it was suicide. But it certainly appeared targeted at the start of the investigation. They have so so much more info and perspective than they had when they initially said it was targeted. My guess is they had good reason to think that at first.

But now they have a ton of forensics coming back, people ruled out, myriad interviews, etc as well as a ton of assistance and expertise provided by state LE and the FBI.

I do think they thought it was likely K was targeted, but now, three weeks and a ton of info later, they are less confident this was the case... So now they have to look into the tiny details of X & E to see if perhaps they had been targeted or somehow crossed paths with the killer.

I don't believe they have any suspects. I think they're pretty stumped for connections to the victims at this point...
Oh I don't disagree with you, was just commenting that what he believes is no longer up to interpretation (unlike the night he said it, when 50% of us interpreted it as him believing the second floor was the target, and 50% of us interpreting his words that he believed the third floor was targeted). He made his beliefs clear literally the very next morning in a follow-up interview.

Idaho cops focus on movements of two students killed in quadruple-slay
Idaho cops focus on movements of two students killed in quadruple-slay

Oh, Daily Mail. I know you’re a tabloid.

Perhaps Xana’s mom was right/ she said they might have been at a bar per the father to her, though both were underage. Or some activity that only required the two of them & they really were just hanging at home after the frat house.

jmo

The relevance and details of Murphy’s whereabouts are likely the result of multiple inquiries, their release of him and any potential negative PR about releasing a piece of “evidence” too early, etc. He was confined to a space where the murders didn’t take place; even a surviving roommates room, perhaps. I don’t think he can tell us anything about the culprit since there’s a chance they didn’t even cross paths that morning, IMO.

If you saw a video of your daughter, an hour or two before she was brutally slaughtered, and in that video a guy followed her when she left the location, and the police told you he was ruled out the same day her body was found, wouldn't you want to know what sort of alibi he had? They have video of him going home? And/or witnesses that prove to you he definitely could not be the killer? Normal questions to think about in this scenario, and now combine it with SG's lack of confidence in LE which he has clearly explained the reasons for... The cherry on this sundae of psychological torture for SG is the fact that unproven and likely totally false rumors are circulating online, in the media, etc that this guy in the video didn't give DNA and left the country.

He has not been approaching his issues with LE and his need for more info in a constructive way. However, he's literally in emotional hell right now. If he chooses a good PI, I think that PI will be able to find and provide SG with enough info about certain aspects of the investigation to ease his mind that people who have been cleared have rock solid alibis, that no stone is left unturned, etc.

People are being rather vicious about SG. I get that he's actually hurting the investigation the way he's been going about it, but hell man, he's not doing it on purpose and he deserves some empathy and understanding.

Again, assuming he gets a good PI, I think SG's media appearances will be limited, and he will be prepped to convey appropriate info that doesn't compromise the investigation in a more coherent way. He needs help navigating this, and I hope he has hired someone great to help him.
BBM

Hoody guy didn’t follow K and M on the food truck video.

That is a misrepresentation of what took place as actual and viewable in the video.

The girls got into a vehicle immediately after grabbing the food box so an accusation of someone following would involve video that is not the food truck video.

Please link any allowable video where this accusation is backed up with a time stamp of someone following the vehicle so those of us who have not viewed it can see.

Not allowable would be accusing someone, Hoody or another, of 4 murders who, possibly, just happens to be going in the same direction, on foot, around a crowded food truck as the girls are getting into a vehicle to go to a location that is not in real close walking distance.

All imo

LE sure has all phone location data. But before all this grows legs and starts running around: as I said already on thread 14, the "she called her dad at 00.00" is a bit of a strech:
* We do not know if they called or texted or talked on social media
* We do not know if X contacted the dad first or dad contacted X first
* We do not know what time this contact started

We only know that per X-s father as quoted by a journalist (not LE):
“I heard from her I think before we went out,” Kernodle said. “I think midnight was the last time we heard from her and she was fine.” [---] “I have no idea. It doesn’t make sense,” said Kernodle. He says Xana was in constant communication with her family and nothing about that night seemed unusual. (Link)
<modsnip> Thanks for setting me straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... K & M get home." But they're asking for "communications" throughout the night, which I find odd. IDK. It doesn't make me feel super confident about what the investigation has uncovered so far since this general timeline seemed to be sufficient for them for the last three weeks and is now the priority. Makes me feel like they thought K & M's movements/interactions were more important these last three weeks but that direction has not produced anything tangible.
snipped for focus @LizWords Thanks for your post, but there are other ways to view this LE request being made now.
It's possible LE already has info about on their location?

Maybe LE hopes for VIDs of E & X at their location (wherever) or cell phone/other device activity tying them to same. IOW LE is looking for more CORROBORATING EVD, besides eyewitness stmts, re E & X's whereabouts. To really nail it down.
Just a possibility

Oh I don't disagree with you, was just commenting that what he believes is no longer up to interpretation (unlike the night he said it, when 50% of us interpreted it as him believing the second floor was the target, and 50% of us interpreting his words that he believed the third floor was targeted). He made his beliefs clear literally the very next morning in a follow-up interview.

Yeah. His beliefs are clear and while not entirely accurate, likely based in the communications LE had with him personally and with the public initially. Honestly, if I'd been given the info and communication SG got, I would think the same thing he did.

If I were in SG's position, and was essentially told they think it was probably my kid that was the target early on, then three weeks later the mayor, the prosecutor, and LE put out totally conflicting statements in the space one day, I would lose a lot of faith in how the investigation is going.

I don’t know…I tend to agree that with the victims being asleep and possibly inebriated, the element of surprise and a very big, sharp knife, would give even a weak man or a female the upper hand as the perp. Is it really that difficult to fatally stab someone? Just thinking about me accidentally slicing my finger, I think a watermelon is harder to cut into. Entirely MOO
Somewhat different from slicing your finger. Four people.
Do we know that the use of the knife was not a throat slash? The victims were sleeping or just awakened from sleep according to coroner.

The amount of blood seen on the foundation of the house says to me it was a jugular cut (and that portion of the body would likely be visible to an assailant standing over a sleeping person).

What physical characteristics would be visible, in a perp like that? I do believe many people are capable of making a fatal slash if they have planned it. Pretty sure that many women (including middle aged or older) could do it. I don't think a person needs visible musculature to slash a throat.
There were four victims. Physical confidence was required to assume the murderous task of taking on four people who the murderer could not assume were without the ability to fight back . Apparently, some did. No, this person is large.

Pardon me for asking such an incredibly stupid and provocative question. Thanks for setting me straight.
There are a ton of threads on this case in a narrow window of time. Lots to keep up on. <modsnip> Plus, what the parents recall and what the cell records show are likely different. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM

Hoody guy didn’t follow K and M on the food truck video.

That is a misrepresentation of what took place as actual and viewable in the video.

The girls got into a vehicle immediately after grabbing the food box so an accusation of someone following would involve video that is not the food truck video.

Please link any allowable video where this accusation is backed up with a time stamp of someone following the vehicle so those of us who have not viewed it can see.

Not allowable would be accusing someone, Hoody or another, of 4 murders who, possibly, just happens to be going in the same direction, on foot, around a crowded food truck as the girls are getting into a vehicle to go to a location that is not in real close walking distance.

All imo

Thread 22 and this thread, 23, is chock full of WS members discussing their difference views of what they saw on the food truck video. As much as you want to say it's definitive, many many others seem to think it's definitive he followed them. So it's not just SG and a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists on FB questioning exactly what happened in that video, it's a lot of sound minded, rational, non-salacious people not agreeing about the details of exactly what happened.

If you'd like sources, peruse thread 22 and 23 and read the comments, and watch the video parts mentioned.

I honestly am not sure what exactly happened, I'm more than happy to admit I misinterpreted the video IF that's what I did. I have no vested interest in him following them or not, I'm just confused, as are many others.

Can someone copy and paste bullet point two under Updated information? It would clarify what LE now wants regarding X and E, that the media has mucked up. My tablet will not allow me to copy and paste this. Thanks in advance!
  • Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred.

There were four victims. Physical confidence was required to assume the murderous task of taking on four people who the murderer could not assume were without the ability to fight back . Apparently, some did. No, this person is large.

Physical confidence would help but mental state is more important, IMO. Lizzy Borden is an example. She killed two,

We have no idea if this person made on on-the-spot decision to kill first two, then (being successful) two more,

I would not rule out any suspect based on physical traits.

Or Persons?

RBBM
Which is shut up?

All I can say is, the prosecutor had better get ready for SG because once there is an arrest, this father's attention is going to shift. SG is only getting started IMO.

MHOO
No need for anyone to "shut up". There is plenty to be said within the requests of appropriate cooperation from LE. The rest of what you said sounds like a threat. Surely that would not be helpful to the process of finding justice.

The relevance and details of Murphy’s whereabouts are likely the result of multiple inquiries, their release of him and any potential negative PR about releasing a piece of “evidence” too early, etc. He was confined to a space where the murders didn’t take place; even a surviving roommates room, perhaps. I don’t think he can tell us anything about the culprit since there’s a chance they didn’t even cross paths that morning, IMO.
Is there a suggestion that he could tell us something about the culprit if they did cross paths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx