ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long will they keep the victim's vehicles? Right now they are out in the elements. I had thought that it may have been taking them awhile to remove them from the property because they were looking for indoor storage, but that wasn't the case.

Just thinking aloud here so jmo but I wonder if the reason the two girls downstairs were spared wasn't because of locked doors but because the police literally arrived over the road (anyone know if there were lights and sirens).
It's spooky and sad that the police were literally just there as all this was happening.
This case is going at lightning speed and I haven't caught up on a few pages....
Can someone tell me what the police were arriving to across the road??

SG also mentioned "crowdsourcing" alibis to the community for verification. Curious to know thoughts on that. I see pros and cons.

Until the authorities give me a reason for not trusting their alibi verification I am against it. I believe the police along with the FBI and ISP likely have that part of the investigation under control and until I know otherwise crowdsourcing another alibi verification will undermine them.

Last edited:
We know at 3:01am the night of the murders the police were called out for an alcohol disturbance very close to the murder scene. At that hour it had to be very dark and MOO that LE almost certainly would have had their squad car roof lights on. It’s interesting to muse on what impact, if any, seeing these lights would have had on the perpetrator. Based on the timing of K and M’s calls to J just minutes before and the coroner report that victims were likely asleep at the time of attack, I’ll assume for this speculation that they were still alive at the time LE visited the alcohol disturbance.

Did the perp see police lights from a spot in the hill behind the house?
Was the perp in the house already and see lights coming through the windows?
Was perp unaware completely that LE was close by?
Perhaps perp has committed a different crime somewhere else entirely, another murder or aggrevated-type crime, so seeing police lights panicked them INTO the house if they were walking around not planning to murder that night?
Did seeing lights present an “opportunity” in the perp’s mind, an assumption that LE would be distracted by the other call?
Was the perp not even in the area yet and thus never would have seen the lights?
Did the perp live close by and was awakened by the lights?

There are countless scenarios and it’s quite possible the alcohol call had no bearing on the crime. But just throwing this post in for thought.

Columbine High School wasn’t destroyed. A few days ago we went for a game. Accidentally finding ourselves standing where two evil boys stood. I’ve had nightmares since. I can’t step foot in there again.
Watts house in CO just sold for 600k. The Aurora theater still shows movies. I could NEVER go to that theater. I am not the same person I was before that shooting. People still go to the Chuck E Cheese too. Not me. I never even went close to Columbine.

Watts house in CO just sold for 600k. The Aurora theater still shows movies. I could NEVER go to that theater. I am not the same person I was before that shooting. People still go to the Chuck E Cheese too. Not me.
And that took years to sell, right? We're going to run out of places we want to go in this country before long. They also razed the Sandy Hook shooter's house and the community and families were very grateful.

How long will they keep the victim's vehicles? Right now they are out in the elements. I had thought that it may have been taking them awhile to remove them from the property because they were looking for indoor storage, but that wasn't the case.
LE removed the vehicles in the past week or so to hold in evidence somewhere else.

None of the four victims showed any signs that night of perceived intensifying danger or rapidly rising risk that we know of. And from all reports made public I assume that none of the victims perceived a fear stimulus moving rapidly towards themselves. The observation is that this was an ambush attack. Danger was closer and more immediate than the victims thought.

"The Moscow Police Department said earlier it is probing the movements of victims Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle, who visited the frat house, where Ethan was a member, hours before the murders.

Police believe Ethan and Xana visited the Sigma Chi house from about 9pm on November 12 until around 1.45am, when they returned to Xana's off-campus home, just a brief walk away, where the murders took place.

An Idaho frat house that may have been the last stop out for a couple who were killed alongside two roommates in a nearby home does not have security cameras, an official there says.

Reed Ofsthun, president of the Sigma Chi chapter at the University of Idaho, told reporters on Tuesday that the fraternity is cooperating fully with police regarding the November 13 murders.

That actually seems to be one of the larger areas that we don't have a lot of information in,' Idaho State Police communications director Aaron Snell told Good Morning America of Ethan and Xana's movements on November 12.

'So being able to locate what they did that night, to maybe who they contacted, maybe any routes they took home, that would be important to the investigation,' he added."

What? Is this bad journalism or now being released about the timeline? So midnight call to dad was a frat house now and not staying in watching a movie. So confusing...

Until the authorities give me a reason for not trusting their alibi verification I am against it. I believe the police along with the FBI and ISP have it under control and until I know otherwise going to this extent will undermine them.
Anonymous crowd sourcing of murder details on monetized youtube sites. Is that something like the Hunger Games? Targeted young people have their lives ruined and have to disappear or fight it out with the vigilantes?

What? Is this bad journalism or now being released about the timeline? So midnight call to dad was a frat house now and not staying in watching a movie. So confusing...
LE has never confirmed a call from X to her dad. It's a statement he made in an interview and there wasn't clarity provided on the nature of the "call" (who called who, was it a voice call or a text, etc.). I'm sure LE knows the details but they have not been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1