ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
House for rent: "Fabulous location right next to campus" - Fabulous location right next to campus! - House for Rent in Moscow, ID | Apartments.com

I found this listing for the house at 1122 King Road in Moscow, ID on Apartments.com. According to the listing, it was posted TWO WEEKS AGO. I didn't know if that was the posting date or not so I checked out more listings in Moscow to see what their dates were and they were listed as today or two weeks ago or whenever.

Do you think somebody posted the house for rent TWO WEEKS ago as a SICK JOKE or do you think it's real?
I think that is a "canned" or placeholder listing. I have seen these frequently on that website while looking for housing in Texas over the last few months.

You will notice it does not list a vacancy but there is a link to inquire. The ones with active vacancies generally list available units.

Just my observations from apartment hunting. I haven't any expertise re: this website or its listings.
MOO

I'm from the PNW, Olympics. I was trying to figure out what the OP meant, as it was obviously an error, re idaho being on the coast. But I didn't use quotes so it looked like I myself was making the statement of fact.
Idaho supposedly being on the coast made me chuckle. I live inland in San Diego county and I don’t claim to be “on the coast”.
Maybe OP meant Idaho is in the Western US??

Also, Canada. I would think that logically, WA is the closest place to get to Moscow from, maybe Oregon, but Canada can’t be discounted.
Idaho borders Wa And Ore to The West, Montana To The East And I believe Utah And Nev To the south, It doesn’t connect With ca
Canada would be a little riskier because you can't just show up. Canada will know he's there. if I were doing this, I'd cross over to Pullman. for one thing, no vehicle checkpoints in WA. WA has enhanced privacy protections. Dropping down into or is possible, but it leaves you just nowhere. it's easier to disappear into a crowd.

Last edited:
What is a "Rambo Knife" exactly?
I thought LEO identified the knife as a KA-BAR brand USMC-issued style knife?
I have a KA-BAR USMC knife... no serrations but a top swedge... "Rambo knife" is such a non-specific identifier.
she was replying to my spitball, the knife being a large one like the Sylvester Stallone movie "Rambo"

These are just some of my thoughts on this tragic event:

1. I think Kaylee did have a stalker, and it was not the men in the parking lot of the business.
2. I think the stalker was the killer and had been watching the home for quite a while and understood the layout of the house.
3. I think Kaylee was the target, and did have the most gruesome of the attacks.
4. I think it is a single man and a hunter.
5. I think the stalker and killer had observed Kaylee at work and followed her home to learn where she lived.
6. I think the killer went up to the third floor and planned to only kill Kaylee, but then killed Madison since she was there.
7. I think it's also possible that the killer was waiting in Kaylee's room.
9. I think Xana or Ethan realized there was someone in the house which led to them being killed.

Really? I paid a hefty fee for my daughter to join apartment.com to get latest listings. I assumed both sides were lying fees. This was in Santa Monica, Ca---maybe they charge there because it is so hard to find places

It’s free for landlords unless they want a “premium listing” top of the page with video, $350 for 30 days.
They make their money from tenants application fee/background check, if you don’t pass or don’t rent they still keep your money. They also charge a fee for credit card payments.

1. I think Kaylee did have a stalker, and it was not the men in the parking lot of the business.
2. I think the stalker was the killer and had been watching the home for quite a while and understood the layout of the house.
3. I think Kaylee was the target, and did have the most gruesome of the attacks.
5. I think the stalker and killer had observed Kaylee at work and followed her home to learn where she lived.
6. I think the killer went up to the third floor and planned to only kill Kaylee, but then killed Madison since she was there.
9. I think Xana or Ethan realized there was someone in the house which led to them being killed.

If it's a stalker, he'd have to be living near their house. I just don't see how this guy would go unseen on any of the traffic cams/home cameras if he drove a car to her house that night. Unless the cops saw something on video and are not releasing it only because they got the perp's DNA and are doing a familial search.

Here are two more pics! I have never added pictures before.
Sorry if this has already been answered, but since you took the trouble to upload the pics. . . my guess is it’s a storage building of some kind. There’s a big backup generator, I think, next to it, hence my guess. Definitely not a bathroom or shower, IMHO. Moo

I want to apologize because earlier I said in this thread that E and X left the party at 9:00 p.m. and it was unknown where they were after that, but the police have updated that information to say they were at the party till 1:45 am. That's what is currently on their Facebook page. They have given conflicting or confusing info about this in the past.

I'm beginning to suspect that something may happened at the party, since it appears police are still unclear about it. I wonder how forthcoming the frat has been.

Case just bugs the hell out of me. I went to college and lived in unsecured apartments. My kids all went to college and lived in apartments, some of them seedy. I cry for these kids and their families. Some thoughts:
1. The guy had to know general house layout. Too risky to go into house in middle of night to do what he did without knowing layout.
2. it was a party house right? Start making lists of who attended the parties. You have two surviving roommates.
3. cops have zero security camera footage of the killer. Hard to believe. But if they did you know we all would have seen grainy, dark camera footage of some guy walking across campus by now on the news, asking if anybody recognizes him.
4. I think he has killed before. Who does something like this on the first kill.
5. It was targeted. The cops were early to say that. They have some clear evidence that they won’t share with public.
6. The guy used a knife either because he wanted to make it personal or didn’t want to deal with the noise and evidence that a gun leaves.
7. the guy was smart. He must have changed clothes and possibly showered at the apartment. Anybody see a guy walking around with a backpack at 4 a.m? He must have left his cell phone at home. The cops have checked phone records for cell tower pings from that area by now and if he took his phone you would think we would have suspect by now.
8. cops should tell landlords to notify them if anybody moves out in next few months
9. I think the break will come from DNA and possibly genetic genealogy
10. probably not as difficult as we think to kill four drunk people in the middle of the night while they sleep.
I feel like sometimes living in a “seedy apartment” makes one less a target.
Like, I don’t wear jewelry when I’m traveling for the same reason.

Thanks for laying out your thoughts so clearly!
My question: How did the stalker know what room was kaylee's?
To me it does seem that this person was aware of the sleeping arrangements beforehand.
Which tells us that the killer had some type of relationship with someone on this house.
It could have been as random as the person who cleaned their gutters or might have been a friend (stalker).
Purely speculation to add to your thoughts.

I agree with some of your points but I do not agree that killer was on the 3d floor of house prior to K&M getting home.

Why would a stalker enter a large house where it was obvious that at least 4-5 people lived (I’m going by cars) if they only wanted to kill the person they were stalking? Why wouldn’t they try to kidnap K or get to K some other way? Entering that house with a plan to kill exactly one person makes no sense to me - unless they entered via the 3rd floor slider and went directly into K’s bedroom, which didn’t happen.

I have to look for the interview(s) but I believe both K’s mother and sister have both said that K did not have a stalker. And supposedly she would’ve told them if she did.

BTW, where did K work? I’m not talking about her job in Texas - I think she had a job while she was in Moscow?

MOO

KA-BAR USMC knife at => $90USD suggests this was not a "crime of passion" imho

Someone did not just grab a knife from the kitchen drawer. This was premeditated by someone who bought the knife with a specific purpose and says a lot about the perpetrator IMHO

The knife is designed for killing. Targeting the current victims a heinous act of cowardice.

KA-BAR USMC knife

Autopsies were conducted on November 17th. The Latah County Coroner confirmed the identity of the four murdered individuals and their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing. The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.

#1122 #king #moscow

Last edited:
But the most notable distinction between Laundrie and this case is LE saying they've been cleared, or more specifically "believed not to be involved". They didn't say that about Laundrie, they may have been hiding their cards, but they weren't putting out convoluted lies about him not being involved. And while your point about him being able to disappear and kill himself is SO valid, Laundrie didn't seem like a danger to the public the way a deranged mass stabbing murderer would be.

On top of that, even if LE claiming certain people are cleared was some sort of super rare master strategic misinformation investigative tool, I highly doubt that the mayor and the prosecutor would have started reinforcing the "targeted" statements that were initially pretty strongly made by LE just so LE could release two conflicting qualifying statements to the tune of "it wasn't that sort of targeted". It's just too much to believe it was orchestrated, and would be too poorly executed if it was some sort of super manipulative plan on LE's part.

Nah, nope, I don't buy it even a little. I think LE initially thought, for valid reasons, it was more specifically targeted, but their investigation thus far has not provided them any evidence of this. I think they likely regret how those first few press conferences were phrased because other than some more extensive wounds on K, they have no evidence of person-specific targeting after a whole lot of investigating... MOO

Jumping ahead ...lol I'm such a rebel. I've been following along but rarely have anything to add to this fast moving thread. But in regards to the topic of "LE purposely misleading media etc for purpose of investigation" I'm hoping one of you websleuthers can help me recall the case.

The case involved a woman that had gone missing and at some point her body was found but I can't recall at what point. She may have been pregnant....or not lol. Sorry I'm hazy on the details....but specifically LE requested the family embrace and love on the missing woman's husband/boyfriend during a press conference/media interview where they pled for the perp to come forward. All the while....the family and LE knew the husband/bf was responsible but did not want to show their hand.

This happened within the last 10 years or so.....keeping fingers crossed someone will remember it! Thanks in advance!

Thanks for laying out your thoughts so clearly!
My question: How did the stalker know what room was kaylee's?
To me it does seem that this person was aware of the sleeping arrangements beforehand.
Which tells us that the killer had some type of relationship with someone on this house.
It could have been as random as the person who cleaned their gutters or might have been a friend (stalker).
Purely speculation to add to your thoughts.
For some reason I can't get my head around the idea that the killer was in the house when K & M got home. I mean that would mean that they were there not only when K&M got home but also when X & E got home. We know that K & M made phone calls after they got home. So I think the killer entered the home after they had gone to bed. Probably waited until they thought the victims were asleep. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregoryImmep