ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked and looked and can't find the info where the dog was let out and the door locked? Can you link that for me? Thanks!
Letting the dog out when they returned home was in one of the first videos of Kaylee’s sister talking … (maybe the first one?? )

I can’t specifically remember the “locking the door” part ….

I have looked and looked and can't find the info where the dog was let out and the door locked? Can you link that for me? Thanks!

I read somewhere that he was in another room with the door closed and that he did not encounter the crime scene. I can’t find a link so take it as rumor.

Everyone is so caught up on this dog, but they forget he was still a puppy. All of my puppies were trained to sleep in a crate at night. I am a light sleeper so they have never slept in the same room as me because every movement wakes me up. I don’t think it’s odd at all that he was not sleeping with K.

I read somewhere that he was in another room with the door closed and that he did not encounter the crime scene. I can’t find a link so take it as rumor.
This part was addressed in the Moscow Police Update

There have been numerous requests about the dog found at the residence on the morning of November 13th. Arriving officers entered the residence and found the deceased victims. During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene. The dog was taken to Animal Services and released to a responsible person.

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place.

I believe I've followed all the threads from #1 and haven't seen this posted specifically. I apologize if I'm wrong and this is redundant. Review of Moscow PD call logs on 11/13/22 show the following noteworthy entries: The Laundry Room male trespassing at 6:41 AM, The call to the house where murders occurred at 11:56am, Call at 5:30pm to White Ave 2000 block (animal shelter), suspicious person/incident, The 7:52pm call to Gritman Hospital ER for dog locked in car several hours.
Questions come up like, why was a male trying to get into the community laundry at 641am, what was so urgent to wash? What prompted animal rescue to call police when the "responsible party" (is that JD?) simply came to pick up Murphy? Who went to the ER that same evening and locked a dog in their car while being treated? The Moscow police logs can be viewed in detail at search; Moscow Idaho PD call logs.View attachment 385573
I just googled the laundromat and it says open 24 hours. I'm very curious about this!

Letting the dog out when they returned home was in one of the first videos of Kaylee’s sister talking … (maybe the first one?? )

I can’t specifically remember the “locking the door” part ….
Thank you. That's what I thought. And Imo, Kaylee's sister was speaking to a known routine. But we have never heard it as fact. Although I'm pretty sure she would have let the dog out when she got home. I was thinking it would have been out the back slider into the backyard, not in front where the parking lot is. Imo.

It's for certain the killer has disposed of clothes, shoes, coat, hat, gloves - everything, including the knife, by now.
I’m not so sure the perp got rid of the knife. I thinks it was special to them before (I think they weee very familiar with using it, comfortable with it) and all the more so now. It’s become his trophy of sorts. I think getting rid of and parting with his beloved knife would have been very difficult.

Alternatively....
The Perp is a semi professional or trained SAS type - Swift + stealth murders, no trace...a Hiitt - someone paid someone or that someone owed someone else a favour.......explains why the LE are being so secretive...
I agree. No random angry college kids does this type of thing and is that good at it.

I’m not so sure the perp got rid of the knife. I thinks it was special to them before (I think they weee very familiar with using it, comfortable with it) and all the more so now. It’s become his trophy of sorts. I think getting rid of and parting with his beloved knife would have been very difficult.
Yeah, I think you could be right on that one. I don't think they got rid of the knife immediately after the crime either. It maybe has changed now given the time passed and the widespread pressure/scrunity of this case but I don't think they'd have gotten rid of it leaving the scene i.e chucked it in nearby bushes etc.

Is it possible to make a list of "Doesn't make sense items"? I know it would be pages long but a few that stand out to me:

1. X & E missing timeline of 4 hours?
2. Why has the dance that was released by E's family not listed on timeline?
3. How did roommates not see blood? If they were in two beds, blood would definitely make it under a door?
4. Why couldn't the roommates open the doors? They didn't know one another code to enter but the killer did?
5. How could Murphy (I know, I know) be in an area not considered the crime scene unless he was with the roommates downstairs?
6. How did neighbors surveillance catch them coming home (K&M) at 1:56, letting the dog out and locking the door if they didn't do it from the lower level where the two unharmed roommates were? The footage didn't capture either slider or window on the back.
7. How is there NO blood trail anywhere outside the home?
8. Did J ever call K or M back when he awoke?
9. Has there been confirmation of a fight that night with E and another at the Sigma Chi party?

I'm sure I've missed 100's but this is a start!
Minor detail, but I would quibble with calling this a list of "doesn't make sense items." More a list of unanswered questions due to lack of public info.

The perp. is a narcissist?.
Yes-it was all about them. Had no empathy for others.Had no qualms about consequences to people, university, parents affected, the city of Moscow etc. IT WAS ALL ABOUT HIM/HER. They didn’t care about all the destruction and devastation to others. It was like a angry whirling dervish descended upon Moscow, ID in the middle of the night to wreak havoc. Narcissist and possibility Borderline Personality Disorder.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think you could be right on that one. I don't think they got rid of the knife immediately after the crime either. It maybe has changed now given the time passed and the widespread pressure/scrunity of this case but I don't think they'd have gotten rid of it leaving the scene i.e chucked it in nearby bushes etc.
OJ was seen dumping something i n airport trash container approx 1 hour after the murders. Knife never found/recovered.
OJ had recently had navy Seal knife kill training for TV pilot ep, never aired.

Last edited:
JMO

Yes I imagine it wouldn’t be necessary to get rid of the knife just because it was used in a crime. I imagine all he would need to do is to sand the surface of the metal and wood, if the hilt was wood, completely off to remove any trace of potential incriminating evidence. Wouldn’t take long and would be highly effective I imagine.

Last edited:
I believe I've followed all the threads from #1 and haven't seen this posted specifically. I apologize if I'm wrong and this is redundant. Review of Moscow PD call logs on 11/13/22 show the following noteworthy entries: The Laundry Room male trespassing at 6:41 AM, The call to the house where murders occurred at 11:56am, Call at 5:30pm to White Ave 2000 block (animal shelter), suspicious person/incident, The 7:52pm call to Gritman Hospital ER for dog locked in car several hours.
Questions come up like, why was a male trying to get into the community laundry at 641am, what was so urgent to wash? What prompted animal rescue to call police when the "responsible party" (is that JD?) simply came to pick up Murphy? Who went to the ER that same evening and locked a dog in their car while being treated? The Moscow police logs can be viewed in detail at search; Moscow Idaho PD call logs.View attachment 385573View attachment 385574View attachment 385580View attachment 385578
Also on the police logs is a call for another laundromat with the caller saying she thinks there is blood on an inside column. THIS IS 10 DAYS LATER THAN THE ABOVE LAUNDROMAT CALL BUT STILL SUS.

23/11/2022
22-M10225 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: W 3RD ST; Sudzees Laundromat

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: CLO

Time Reported: 08:48

Cad Comments:

Owner noticed a mark on the column inside that looks like blood today. Officer responded; no report

Source

Last edited:
KA-BAR USMC knife at => $90USD suggests this was not a "crime of passion" imho

Someone did not just grab a knife from the kitchen drawer. This was premeditated by someone who bought the knife with a specific purpose and says a lot about the perpetrator IMHO

The knife is designed for killing. Targeting the current victims a heinous act of cowardice.

#1122 #king #moscow
Thank you for linking the MPD news page, but the way you quoted this is misleading. As far as I know, MPD never definitively claimed that a "KA-BAR USMC knife" was the weapon. The latest update says only: "Local businesses were contacted to determine if a fixed-blade knife had been recently purchased."

I tend to think the opposite is true. I believe the killer is psychopathic and, therefore, not mentally ill at all and in fact, enjoyed it. I think he was either slighted, disrespected or angered by 1 of the 4 at some point in the past and couldn't let go of this grudge. But who knows?
The killer knows. I’m sure he is somewhere enjoying all of the wild speculation and grasping at straws we are all witnessing in the aftermath. It’s common for humans to have trouble grasping the mindset of anyone committing such a violent act or acts, that they themselves could never perceive as doing. Therefore, said killer must be completely deranged, unhinged, or mentally ill. Perhaps not. Was he offended somewhere along the way? Or…did he simply “interpret” something as being offensive, demeaning and ego-crushing, bullying, etc.? To that I quote a Queen:

“Men worry women will LAUGH at them. Women worry men will KILL them.” (Margaret Atwood).

Remember the reasoning and justification for the Vegas showgirl being stabbed to death recently by
a man requesting to take photos with them? While he holds his massive “chefs” knife (after lying and telling them he was a local chef)? He told police they were snickering and laughing at him. He thought they were making fun of him and the way he dressed (?). So he began stabbing them, and others. Las Vegas stabbing suspect said he ‘let the anger out’

A person may be mild-mannered and reserved over the course of their entire existence…before one day simply snapping. Take John List for example. No one EVER saw that one coming. Not even his own mother (who he also helped step into the other world). Human beings are capable of being exceedingly shrewd, cunning, secretive, and conniving. Some are also capable of many more things - which most of us would never even consider. I’m always grateful for small blessings.

Who in their close orbit felt powerless leading up to this? Powerless after being kicked out of a fraternity? Powerless after being left out in the cold? Powerless to stop a loved one from leaving? This murder seems to be about re-gaining power through retribution. MOO

Questions come up like, why was a male trying to get into the community laundry at 641am, what was so urgent to wash?
Though it should be run down, he might not of been washing clothes.

Rather, he could have been exploring the possibility of breaking into a bill changer, forcing open laundry machines for change, and / or pilfering interesting things. Homeless and semi homeless especially can have a broad definition of "interesting things"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member