ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the car, did police identify the vehicle via CCTV or ring-camera driving into the area prior to the murders, and leaving the area after the murders? If the vehicle was used to commit pre-meditated murder, maybe the licence plates were removed or obscured with snow?
It wasn’t snowy and there was no snow on the ground at the time of the murders.

The police did not indicate that anyone in the car was a suspect, but said that the driver and any possible passengers might have “critical information” about what happened. They said they did not have a license plate number.

“Your information, whether you believe it is significant or not, might be the piece of the puzzle that helps investigators solve these murders,” the police said in a statement.
Investigators have said that the four victims were killed early on Sunday, Nov. 13, but they have not specified a time.

Yes!! I thought the police call-out at 3am would be important!!!!! I’m now almost sure LE are reading this forum as they are releasing info as we’re querying it. (Okay so maybe I’m getting ahead of myself, I’m still a thread behind but I just saw the news regarding the bodycam footage & the request in regards to 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra & the pics I saw of the car appear right where the tyre skid marks that LE were assessing were) I’m getting excited the investigation might move forward quickly now, fingers crossed. MOO

With them opting to release body cam footage of the 3:01 alcohol incident, IMO they had to release the statement about the white Hyundai as the video has been analyised and sleuthed.

But I do wonder though why now? Why not last week or the week before, for arguments sake? Is this intentional; release body cam footage and then release the car statement? Or have they not progressed in finding who the 'occupant(s)' might be? Was the car reported stolen from a neighbouring area and yet to be found?

Just my thoughts upon new information.

I could hide my Ka-bar in my jean pockets somewhat easily... I can't imagine that it would be very hard when Moscow weather makes it almost necessary for someone to be wearing jackets, pants, maybe even big boots, etc.

Also, on the Hyundai - it's possible they know the make and model from a profile/side view from a security or door camera perpendicular to the road, meaning they wouldn't have a front or rear shot to identify the plates. At that time of morning with limited lighting and likelihood for the footage to be low quality, you may be able to make out someone in the front or rear seat (not clear enough for an identity, just that there is someone there) - hence the need to say "occupant(s)" if the number of people in the car isn't clear.

And... it's a college town, and an early 2010's model Hyundai Elantra would nail a "college student" type of vehicle, regardless of height or gender. They're relatively cheap second hand, insurance and repairs/servicing would be minimal, it's comparatively fuel efficient, has 4 doors and 5 seats for friends and passable luxuries for a young driver (air-con in summer, heater in winter, power windows).

1670466011980.png
1670466113117.png
''BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Police are asking for help finding the occupant of a car that was seen near where four University of Idaho students were stabbed to death last month, saying that person could have “critical information“ about the case.

The Moscow Police Department issued a statement Wednesday afternoon asking for the public’s help tracking down the person or people inside a white Hyundai Elantra made between 2011 and 2013 that was near the off-campus home in the early morning hours of Nov. 13. Investigators do not have the sedan’s license plate.

“Your information, whether you believe it is significant or not, might be the piece of the puzzle that helps investigators solve these murders,” the department wrote.''

Yes!! I thought the police call-out at 3am would be important!!!!! I’m now almost sure LE are reading this forum as they are releasing info as we’re querying it. (Okay so maybe I’m getting ahead of myself, I’m still a thread behind but I just saw the news regarding the bodycam footage & the request in regards to 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra & the pics I saw of the car appear right where the tyre skid marks that LE were assessing were) I’m getting excited the investigation might move forward quickly now, fingers crossed. MOO

Where did you see pics of the car? The pics in the press release are stock photos, and not actual photos.

The exact type of knife used could be significant but LE has been rather vague as to the size and exact type. Kabar makes multiple types of fixed blade knives and LE "implies" it is the military style 12 inch kinife with a 7 inch blade. The so called Rambo knife is actually closer to a Bowie knife and is about 16 inches long. It takes skill to yield any large knife. We really do not know the actual model used which should have come from the autopsy.

I just can’t see grudge for jealousy’s sake killing four people. This has to be a wannabe serial or spree killer. has to be.

Definitely no longer a "wannabe" killer. If this person is a serial killer and will move on to other scenarios after killing 4 (like BTK), that's horrific and disturbing. Seems like LE doesn't think it's the case - but we can still wonder. LE is certainly not ruling it out.

OTOH, I can easily see a certain type of person who could take revenge/grudge/narcissistic injury to its ultimate conclusion (From their point of view). I would classify "incel" killers in that category.

Did you see that guy pull a baseball bat out of his sweat pants the other day? Hiding the knife would be easy, I think. The blood, not so easy.

JMHO

I don't think it would be that hard. Boot sheath, possibly.

Took this for you just now. This is the knife I keep in my truck. I'd never carry it that way, but with some basketball shorts and a t shirt....I could...walk, run, etc....you'd not know unless you were looking.

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 7.22.42 PM.png

It wasn’t snowy and there was no snow on the ground at the time of the murders.

Well, there are certainly other ways to obscure a plate (and some perps simply remove the plate for the duration of the crime).

The point is that LE do not have the plate number. Could just be camera angle - but it could also be an obscured or missing plate.

Can you explain the snow in the picture posted not too long after yours? Post 741 on this thread, currently. What is that white stuff on the ground?

You do realize that the street view photo was captured in October 2021? I doubt any thing in a photo over a year old would have much evidentiary value. Possible, yes. Likely, no.

It is my understanding from a previous thread on the subject of google maps an blurring of locations, that owner's can request that the location be blurred. It is a permanent thing and can't be undone. It is possible the owner of the house requested it be blurred because of this horrific incident. It is possible that a public figure (politician) or LE asked to have the location blurred as well although I don't know the blurring policies of Google under this type of circumstance.

Here is a photo showing the image capture date for 1122 King Road.

View attachment 385752
My screenshot of this where you could still see the cars was from 12-5-22. So basically this blurring occurred between 12-5-22 and 12-7-22. I agree the license plates are often though not always blurred but I agree, mostly - I base this on looking through various houses in my neighborhood and nearby neighborhoods. BUT this photo was not blurred when I took the screen shot on 12-5-22. It might all be completely innocent where the company that owns the house asked for this...but in light of the ask for witnesses or the driver of the Hyandia Elantra, it might not be. What a coincidence in timing if it is innocent.

Unsure about Fitbit. But Apple Watches do ping towers just like an iPhone. But the device must be charged and location services must be enabled. Like you said this does not give one an exact location but would provide the cell tower location that was pinged. Hope this helps
To clarify - an Apple Watch has to be equipped with cell functionality to ping. That is optional on watches and more expensive so many people don’t.

I think you're kind of right, it's not that they're reading WS necessarily, it's that I think this sort of thing, as with the food truck video footage, is more reactive to mass speculation than anything else. They don't ask for info on the white car until about 24 hours after the body cam footage was released to the public and the internet exploded with blurry pics of white sedans...

Can anyone tell me if Kaylee was living at that dorm house, the reason I ask is that one of the girls was taking a new job in Texas and she came back for a week to show her friends the new car she had just bought!
So if that is the case maybe someone wanted her dead before she left to start her new job? Like maybe a friend female???? JMO

If the perp(s) is actually on the body cam footage as some are suspecting this means the murders were completed and he/ she/ they were leaving the scene a little after 3? This means K &M were attacked while they were making their late night phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member