Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what I theorised...
  • I believe this was an individual that was mentally troubled (inwardly or noticeably external, doesn't matter). At the very least someone who has thought about, fantasised or may have even discussed ways they would commit such a crime.
  • Some sort of triggering event sets off the perp, whether it was personal or off-hand to any of the victims I don't know and won't confidently theorise.
  • They either know the location of the victims' home, or follow any one of them home - I think it's safe to assume any of the 4 victims and not the 1st floor survivors.
  • The killer is perched up behind the house in the tree line; they watch both couples come home in close proximity (10 minutes tops) from each other, interior lights flick on in the kitchen/lounge room illuminating the 4 congregating on the second floor together. Sitting in the dark outside with the only real light source coming from a very visible and large sliding door would give the perp a clear indication of occupants and their condition (drunk, laughing, etc) at the time. In the dead of the early morning you may even hear clear conversation - who knows.
  • The perp waits from around 2am, victims head off to their rooms or the bathroom, lights flick on and off in various locations - finally the house goes dark and quiet.
  • The perp waits for some buffer time to let them fall asleep, enters quietly through the sliding door on the second floor and the rest is... well we can only imagine.
Would need to know that entry through the sliding door was possible, IMO. So, knew from prior recon, was a former occupant or guest. Or, someone who did some work there? I think the perp entered through the sliding door before they arrived home and was lying in wait.

Students in U.S. universities are required to have their own insurance (usually they are still covered through their parents' health insurance if they are traditional age undergraduate students). If they don't have health insurance through their parents or other means, they are required to purchase health insurance through the university.

International students are required to have health insurance that includes repatriation of remains in the event that the student passes away while studying in the U.S.
I have no idea bout the international student health insurance bit, but USA universities do not have some sort of nation-wide requirement for students to have health insurance, nor are they generally required to purchase it through the university....

Not unless it was the perp using K and M's phones.
What would the perp had done if her ex had answered the phone? Just hang up? I think that would attract more attention if “Kaylee” called him and hung up, because he likely would have called back and upon getting no answer, may have even been concerned enough to go to the house.

IMO the perp did not make those calls, even disregarding the fact that Kaylee’s own family said that was normal behavior for her.

I'm still wondering why that specific car would be important for the case. Even if there was someone in it, the car is a fair distance away from the house itself and not likely that the person there would know or have heard anything about what was happening. Maybe the police has something else that makes them convinced that this car is either the killer's or someone that was seen with that car passing around the house? Or maybe they're looking for information about the other car that was coming with its headlights on from the house's direction? But wouldn't 3:00-20 AM be a little bit too early for the killer to be exiting the house?

I saw a contractor on a YouTube channel going over the design of the house and he said there is and indication of 3 bathrooms on each floor based on the ventilation pipes on the roof. The video was due to the belief that blood was pouring down the foundation. It was quite interesting.
Zillow has the floor plans as well and there are a couple of vids on line that show the layout and the original rental ad which is helpful as to the accomodations.

It sounds like police are looking for a vehicle that was seen in the area at the time of the murders on CCTV. They know the type of vehicle, but they don't know the license plate. Sounds like a side shot of the car. If no one comes forward as the car's owner, police will become more interested in the vehicle, and will look farther and wider for the owner. If it is a stolen vehicle, police will follow that theft to find the killer.
Agreed.
Also, I'd imagine by now LE have ruled out the other vehicles ?
What a cluster if there was a party the night before and tons of young people dropping in for a bit.
Where to even start ?

I understand if the victims' parents are frustrated with seemingly slow answers form LE ---- but they have a huge amount of potential evidence to slog through, bit by bit.
Imo.
I am so sorry for the brutal loss of their kiddos !

Unsure, there seems to be no way to contact the mods and ask them. Apparently you just have to post it, self report, and see if it stands.
Actually, the best way is to report an existing post. When the box comes up asking for a reason for the report, just say you’re not reporting the post but you have a question and then ask the question. They’ll get back to you via PM!

Detectives investigating the mysterious stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students are thought to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife.

Scott Jutte, the general manager of a building supply store in Moscow, Idaho, told the Idaho Statesman that detectives have repeatedly visited his store to ask if he’d sold Ka-Bar brand knives, which are also known as K-bar knives, to anyone in town.

Edit -Jutte says it’s typically a blade one side, serrated the other side and approximately 6 inches long.

Sorry MCMi9viv, I misread your post, I have no idea what crime you’re talking about.
The one in Silverton, Oregon.

It sounds like police are looking for a vehicle that was seen in the area at the time of the murders on CCTV. They know the type of vehicle, but they don't know the license plate. Sounds like a side shot of the car. If no one comes forward as the car's owner, police will become more interested in the vehicle, and will look farther and wider for the owner. If it is a stolen vehicle, police will follow that theft to find the killer.
If the tip/tips are on from video surveillance from around the time of the murders, would they be able to tell on video that the vehicle was white vs. tan or silver, since it would have been dark? I’m wondering if there had to be at least one eyewitness that could confirm that it was white vs. another light color.

The four murdered roommates arrived home before 2 AM. The two living roommates arrived home around 1 AM and went to sleep.

Madison and Kaylee brought food home, and made 7 phone calls until almost 3 AM. They are confirmed alive at 3 AM. The murders can apparently be confirmed as having happened before 4 AM. How do police know this? No idea. Maybe one of the victims was wearing a fitbit, where increased heartbeat was detected, then heartbeat stopped ... before 4 AM?

I think this was premeditated, and that the killer knew where the target lived before that night. I think the killer spent time on the hill behind the house looking into the bedrooms.

I think that the killer and at least one of the victims had at least one prior interaction - might be something as insignificant to the victim as passing on the street. Something triggered the killer to get some fantasy in his head regarding the victim and a hunting knife ... premeditated. He might have followed the targeted victim that evening, perhaps the killer parked near frat party cars and walked around behind the house, sat on the hill, looked into the bedroom windows.

Lights went out around 3 AM. Wait 30 minutes for everyone to pass out sleep, enter through the damaged patio door.
when you say "triggered", makes me wonder if these killings are similar to any shows/movies/video games? Maybe with a similar murder weapon?

I have no idea bout the international student health insurance bit, but USA universities do not have some sort of nation-wide requirement for students to have health insurance, nor are they generally required to purchase it through the university....
Also, in my experience, the health insurance policies most students would have wouldn't necessarily have accidental death coverage. MOO

What would the perp had done if her ex had answered the phone? Just hang up? I think that would attract more attention if “Kaylee” called him and hung up, because he likely would have called back and upon getting no answer, may have even been concerned enough to go to the house.

IMO the perp did not make those calls, even disregarding the fact that Kaylee’s own family said that was normal behavior for her.
I wasn't insinuating the perp did. I was answering the question posed, could they have been killed prior to 3am. Meaning we knew calls were made by K and M just before 3am, so for them to have been killed prior the perp would have had to have made those calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89