ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, the killer planned ahead, prepared, then intentionally got himself invited back to the house.
But that opens the risk of them being identified by those roommates on the first floor that survived! It also would have left them identifiable had one of the victims survived. Makes no sense.

I was looking through old nickelsworth ads for auto sales. (Nickelsworth being the local thrifty nickel paper for the northern Idaho counties and Spokane). I noticed many autos with tire chains and 4 wheel drive. I’m not used to that kind of weather, so it was a reminder for me that there probably aren’t a lot of Camaros(personal experience with my older brother’s first car)in a snowy town.
Cars are common along the Rockies, especially in cities/towns where roads are plowed in Colo and WY. Even rear wheel drive like your brothers Camaro lol . Much of the time snow melts quickly (except for the north side of houses where it can turn to ice and other areas that don't get sun either-thus the icy driveway at 1122 in a few pictures) and during the day in the sun if the roads are not plowed it's more shlush than ice a lot of the time. Always a good idea to carry chains but tbh usually many willing to help before having to put them on IMO :) All that said the awd and 4x4's are suv's are common too. Some rural areas with service get sanded (graveled) and CalChlor is used a lot in town.

Good point. Car color has been off when relying on CCTV at night. I doubt there was an eye witness. Apparently the car looks white.

We don't know that police are relying on CCTV to ask about the car. Police know the vehicle but not the license plate - so not a traffic camera. Since there was a party at the nearby frat house, it would be easy for a vehicle to disappear in the many party cars ... until it was still in the area after the murders at 4 AM.
Unless the "driver" changed the license plates at some point, my guess is LE does know the plate number, especially if the driver skipped town and went through intersections where there are cameras, passed through neighborhoods with ring cameras, had to use any type of automatic toll, etc. I think they know more than they're letting on

With the right resources and time, LE could run this type of car through state department of vehicle registries for Idaho, neighboring states, could ask rental car companies for every rental of that type/color of car during that time period, ask other LE for all reports of stolen vehicles of that description, etc. I would bet they're doing that now if they haven't already

U of Iowa has about 1,698 out of state students according to their website.
Although out of state students have to pay 300% above in state tuition, U of Iowa has a compact with many states in that part of the country that allows students from compact states to study at UI and pay only 150% tuition, compared to in-state students.
Aren’t we talking about the University of Idaho? :)

In which case, this might/might not be interesting. JMHO & YMMV
Largest U of I Freshman Class Contributes to Higher Enrollment

But that opens the risk of them being identified by those roommates on the first floor that survived! It also would have left him identifiable had one of the victims survived. Makes no sense.

And consider the likelihood that one of the victims would have innocently texted to someone that ‘so and so is spending the night with us, because....”

2011-13 Elanta's are bluetooth enabled. But I think you need a phone synced with the bluetooth to connect to a tower. Any ideas on how that might identify/locate a car? tia

I believe strongly that law enforcement needs to be more creative in attempting to catch the perp in this case. I have said it before, but I have seen law enforcement put out false information - for example, why couldn't they put out some false information that they know more than they do- this could serve to draw out the perp- I really don't think it is helpful for their investigation to admit they are clueless- I suppose it is possible they have more information that they are not sharing with the public or the parents, I certainly hope so.
Of course. Those who respond to the released information are misunderstanding LE's motives. Solving the case is number one. Informing the public is last. Why would anyone believe their public statements? They always tailor their statements to their goals. What they have said/released has been curated by the FBI's best people. I don't think we can know anything about what they know, until we do. That is true for many past cases... we are in the dark. The question is... do they have him... when the DNA evidence is back? The longer it goes, the more likely he will get away with it. We don't know what their public statements mean, and we won't, until an arrest.

Last edited:
If the tip/tips are on from video surveillance from around the time of the murders, would they be able to tell on video that the vehicle was white vs. tan or silver, since it would have been dark? I’m wondering if there had to be at least one eyewitness that could confirm that it was white vs. another light color.
To determine the correct colour of the car, maybe LE will drive varied shades of cars past the cameras (Wrt time & weather) to see which one best matched the car of interest, imo.speculation.

2011-13 Elanta's are bluetooth enabled. But I think you need a phone synced with the bluetooth to connect to a tower. Any ideas on how that might identify/locate a car? tia

Metadata. If there is someone in a car without a phone, LE should be pouncing IMOO

No. Only if the vehicle was equipped with Sirius radio.

Lets G0 Webslueths !

LE looking for a 2011-2013 White Hyundai Elantra !

Cops in Idaho want to speak with whoever was driving or a passenger in a white Hyundai Elantra that may have been in the neighborhood on the night 4 college students were killed.

Moscow PD says they've received tips about a vehicle that matches this description -- the model year being between 2011 and 2013 -- near the crime scene in the early morning hours of November 13. They have not released a license plate number.https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/07/idaho-student-murders-house-police-search-white-hyundai/

tmz.com/2022/12/07/idaho-student-murders-house-police-search-white-hyundai/idaho-murders-white-Hyundai-Elantra.jpg

Them looking for the car bothers me and has me concerened. I can't imagine someone actually getting away with this. Almost a month and they release a photo of the car. This car couldn't have just become relevant now and not previously. And how have they not located it yet, and if they havent what does that tell us

Lets G0 Webslueths !

LE looking for a 2011-2013 White Hyundai Elantra !

Cops in Idaho want to speak with whoever was driving or a passenger in a white Hyundai Elantra that may have been in the neighborhood on the night 4 college students were killed.

Moscow PD says they've received tips about a vehicle that matches this description -- the model year being between 2011 and 2013 -- near the crime scene in the early morning hours of November 13. They have not released a license plate number.https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/07/idaho-student-murders-house-police-search-white-hyundai/

tmz.com/2022/12/07/idaho-student-murders-house-police-search-white-hyundai/View attachment 385778

Police get ready to drop the hammer

JMO Possibly the killer spared the dog Murphy because he didn’t want to risk the dog yelping while killing him.
Yes. A person capable of butchering four people would probably easily and without concern execute a dog. He didn't kill the dog for a simple reason. He didn't need to, and he didn't want to. He was there for other reasons.

Maybe the perp was someone who had been stalking the home when the two stumbling girls returned home and let the dog out. Maybe the perp saw the girl struggling outside with the dog-' saw an opportunity and offered to help her get the dog back in the house. A friendly person. He visited with the roommates. It was late. He appeared non-threatening. The visitor with the backpack said he had been drinking the girls told him that he could sleep in the empty room with the dog.
Total conjecture, but this person may be a charming psychopath just waiting for an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976