ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the first nor the last person to say this, given the fact we're 24 threads deep and the same questions pop up constantly but not all dogs bark at strangers. It's entirely possible that the dog is used to numerous people coming and going and being around commotion at all hours of the night due to the house being a known party house.

I have a 2 year old Boxer who is quite large for his breed (and he's not fixed, so he can be quite excitable), yet rarely ever barks even when a stranger is at the door. He's actually a horrible guard dog that it makes me laugh often.

Given Murphy's breed, the circumstances of where the dog has lived for most of it's life, it's young age, it's own unique personality, I dont think anyone could say whether it's weird if the dog barks or not. Hell.. it COULD have barked, yelped or growled yet it roused no suspicion because for all we know that was the norm for Murphy?
It’s been confirmed in interviews by Kaylee’s parents the dog wasn’t much of a barker and would most likely hide.

I'm still wondering why that specific car would be important for the case. Even if there was someone in it, the car is a fair distance away from the house itself and not likely that the person there would know or have heard anything about what was happening. Maybe the police has something else that makes them convinced that this car is either the killer's or someone that was seen with that car passing around the house? Or maybe they're looking for information about the other car that was coming with its headlights on from the house's direction? But wouldn't 3:00-20 AM be a little bit too early for the killer to be exiting the house?
Or someone drove the killer to the scene of the crimes in this particular make and model of a car? The K went into the home while the driver motored around..giving the K as much time as scheduled. ***Far-fetched, I know. But, far-fetched is where my brain landed about two days ago with this case.

2011-13 Elanta's are bluetooth enabled. But I think you need a phone synced with the bluetooth to connect to a tower. Any ideas on how that might identify/locate a car? tia

If this was premeditated, the killer might have pulled his SIM card before the murders, and put it back after the murders. The digital trace might be in what is missing. Perhaps that's how this particular vehicle was identified?

Heartbreaking she never got walk in her graduation in Dec :(

<snipped for focus>
I hope that Kaylee is awarded a posthumous degree at the December graduation ceremony and that her family is there to receive it on her behalf. And if any of the other victims have met the criteria for a posthumous degree, then I hope the same for them.

Last edited:
Ok, well, that was the university you worked for... It is not federally required nor even standard practice for universities to get involved with students health insurance...
Depends on the state. In Massachusetts all college students need to show proof of coverage or they are required to enroll in the schools plan.

Zillow has the floor plans as well and there are a couple of vids on line that show the layout and the original rental ad which is helpful as to the accomodations.
Could you direct me to where the floor plans are on the Zillow listing please?

I dont think there are any anymore. I tried looking earlier and now there is nothing, but the old layout.

Heard similar statements, and then others to the contrary. One writing that he asked the vendor if he just gave her free food, and he answered yes. When the young man asked him WHY he did it, he said because her ride was here and she had to go. She couldn’t wait any longer. It was quite a few threads back, buried in that subject. Again, sounds fully logical.
I don’t think this is correct - At the beginning of the video you see her paying for her food.

This is exactly what I theorised...
  • I believe this was an individual that was mentally troubled (inwardly or noticeably external, doesn't matter). At the very least someone who has thought about, fantasised or may have even discussed ways they would commit such a crime.
  • Some sort of triggering event sets off the perp, whether it was personal or off-hand to any of the victims I don't know and won't confidently theorise.
  • They either know the location of the victims' home, or follow any one of them home - I think it's safe to assume any of the 4 victims and not the 1st floor survivors.
  • The killer is perched up behind the house in the tree line; they watch both couples come home in close proximity (10 minutes tops) from each other, interior lights flick on in the kitchen/lounge room illuminating the 4 congregating on the second floor together. Sitting in the dark outside with the only real light source coming from a very visible and large sliding door would give the perp a clear indication of occupants and their condition (drunk, laughing, etc) at the time. In the dead of the early morning you may even hear clear conversation - who knows.
  • The perp waits from around 2am, victims head off to their rooms or the bathroom, lights flick on and off in various locations - finally the house goes dark and quiet.
  • The perp waits for some buffer time to let them fall asleep, enters quietly through the sliding door on the second floor and the rest is... well we can only imagine.
I'm still curious if the Jack in the Box was picked up or delivered, and with the news tonight on seeking the Hyundai, maybe a friend or a delivery service picked up many orders and delivered them to a couple locations in X's and the Frat area?

This video shows it.

That was K's "new" used car. She drove it to the house to show M that day. In fact, that vehicle was the main reason she was there that night.
Could it have been someone from the dealership that was stalking her? Maybe K being in Moscow was not a triggering event. May be it all hinges on the purchase of the vehicle? IMO. LE hopefully will find out where the car was purchased and may be the crime is traceable from there.

Could it have been someone from the dealership that was stalking her? Maybe K being in Moscow was not a triggering event. May be it all hinges on the purchase of the vehicle? IMO. LE hopefully will find out where the car was purchased and may be the crime is traceable from there.
Not likely that a stalker would come all the way from Texas after a pretty girl.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
My screenshot of this where you could still see the cars was from 12-5-22. So basically this blurring occurred between 12-5-22 and 12-7-22. I agree the license plates are often though not always blurred but I agree, mostly - I base this on looking through various houses in my neighborhood and nearby neighborhoods. BUT this photo was not blurred when I took the screen shot on 12-5-22. It might all be completely innocent where the company that owns the house asked for this...but in light of the ask for witnesses or the driver of the Hyandia Elantra, it might not be. What a coincidence in timing if it is innocent.
Idaho, not in Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member