ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Range Rover is a pretty expensive car. I don't get the impression she comes from money. How is a graduating senior able to afford such an expensive car?
It could've been a combination of saving money, sign on bonus at new job, good credit, etc. I get why people might try to look for clues in it but i think her finances and monetary decisions have exactly 0 to do with the murders. MOO.

This never made any sense to me either..the only thing I can think of is maybe she finished her classes over the summer? Moo.
I always thought she was done with "course work", but assumed she still had finals. (At least that was my line of thinking. Because if she had actually graduated, wouldn't she have moved out completely??)

Hard to say. It appears she was likely living there earlier in the semester. I remember being done with course work and then around November, I only had finals remaining. She may have been able to complete any studies remotely. JMO..MOO

A Range Rover is a pretty expensive car. I don't get the impression she comes from money. How is a graduating senior able to afford such an expensive car?

It's a used car and she saved for it. She may have had a partial down payment and a small loan balance, who knows?? It's entirely possible for a new grad to make car payments, especially since she was set to start a new job. I don't think she comes from money either but that doesn't mean that her parents weren't able to help her a little as well.

FOOD TRUCK VID
@Jealoushe

Maybe from perp's previous recon of one or more vics' soc media.
Over a period of days or weeks, thru in person and SM surveillance, perp could know where they lived. imo jmo moo

Ok, but wouldn't catching them on a grub truck twitch stream be the ultimate happenstance. How would he know to watch that grub hub stream?

Yes without a doubt. My gym has a plethora of women that are well built and physically capable of executing such a crime as this.
Clearly not a gender-specific perp based on credible information being offered publicly. Whoever, to slaughter 4 human beings is a lot of work. In the dark. Think about what volume of energy and sheer rage went into this. They didn’t go far afterwards. Local videos, an employee who is absent, a student who seems unconcerned, that kind of thing will deliver the murderer. I have no doubt LE is on a discovery trail. I believe in them.

This bothers me. Why do they not want families in the home? Is this still a crime scene, then why move any items.

Moo... After the Virginia Tech Massacre, many families wanted to be on campus, wanted to pack up their child's personal items and yes, see the crime scenes. It was important to them. The school made arranagements with local parents to assist and/or pack up belongings. My friend assisted a family of a deceased student, it was very emotional.

I just can't imagine getting a box of items. I'm thinking, what can the crime scene offer, at this point? Its been touched, photographed, videoed, walked all over, scanned and now dismantled.

All imho....
it is still a crime scene In the very first post of each thread there is a link to Moscow PD updates. They explain why they are doing this and what they are doing. Imo.

This video makes me think he might have come in from the ground floor (1st). He didn't realized bedrooms where down stairs. He just came in went left up the stairs and killed his way through the house till he got to Kaylee. If he came in the sliding glass door then he must of been there at least partly for Xena b/c that room is out of the way.

DELAYED RELEASE of CRIME SCENE?
The Rhoden trailers. Same, but different. JMO
@CSIDreamer Thanks for recalling this, a case I have not followed.
So multiple trailers have been held as a crime scene for several years, not released since 2016?
Then I wonder who has paid rent or mortgage payments (assuming applicable)? And even if vic's owned trailers and land free and clear, what about payments for prop taxes? Utilities?

It would be nice if this could be verified.
It seems we have several new people here. Previous threads on this case contain things such as the complete floor plans of the house. It is very valuable to go back to the first thread and read them all as you will then get complete detailed information as it is currently known.

Here is what I think so far, IMO:

Killer did not know the students.
No sexual component to the murders. This is all about power, control and possibly viewed as a type of professionalism by the killer.
He observed who slept where by watching the house from the back. It IS like a fishbowl. That is how he knew when the residents went to bed, then waited a little while until he was sure they were asleep.
I don't think he bothered to case the house from the front that night, otherwise he would know more than 4 were in there by counting the vehicles. He may have counted on a previous night before K had her new car.
He was unaware of the bedrooms on the 1st floor which indicates he may not be from the Pacific Northwest where multi-level homes are common and may have bedrooms on the 1st floor.
I don't think he was familiar with college rental housing or that this type of house would have more than 4 bedrooms.
This crime was done to terrorize and possibly teach someone (not the students he killed) a lesson.
LE will not find a direct link to the killer in the history of any of the residents of the house.
He will not be in CODIS or NCIC.
He has committed similar crimes before and will re-offend.
IMO he left the area immediately after committing the crime and will not be back.
I have posted a couple of my theories, which are not similar to yours (I think it's someone local, from outer circles) , but interesting perspective and I wanted to comment on it to dig a bit further.

What do you make of LE saying the crime scene was "sloppy", and that K's wounds were worse than the others? I think there could be various reasons for those aspects of it, some which fit in your theory and some which don't.

Where was he staying while there - was he only there for a few hours and drove away, or staying in a local hotel for a few nights? If that's a suspicion, I wonder if LE have checked hotel records for nights around that time. Or AirBNB.

We don't know when the surviving roommates would have came home (as far as I'm aware), so how do we know he didn't know more people were in there?

Do you think LE would look at this angle? It seems a lot of what they are asking the public is for circumstantial information like where they were beforehand, who they were with, what interactions, photos/video, etc. That doesn't really point to me that this was a random person they had no interaction with ever.

But appreciate your opinion - I think it's important that this is looked from all angles. I don't follow true crime or the like very closely so I'd also be curious if there are more offenders that fit this sort of bill rather than knowing the victims or targeting them specifically because of certain characteristics.

MOO

I think that the other 2nd floor bedroom that sounds like it was empty would also be a viable entry point to the home if the window unlocked. That said, i dont think it would be hard to gain access by the third floor either though i'm not sure how silent it could be done. The third floor balcony doesnt seem to be so high from the side of the house the apartments are on

So if either of the 2 unharmed roommates got up to use the john, they would have to sense the open front door. One of them for sure, she would see it. The other one might not see it, but would sense the draft.

GH does a great job but I don't think he has any more insight to the order of events than do the rest of us.

The more I think about this, the more clearly I see the possibilities:
1) The killer was present with either K&M or X&E prior to the murders, most likely at the food truck or the frat party. The killer would have been present at the moment of the victim's departure. Otherwise, how would he know when they went home? The killer would also need to know the victims well enough to know where they lived.

OR

2) The killer watched and waited to strike. He would have to know the occupancy of the house to know when everyone was home. How else could he be sure that other roommates or friends weren't going to come home in the middle of the act? The killer would live within sight and walking distance of the house.

I don't see any other likely possibility, other than some disturbed mind picked a random house to attack and got lucky not to get caught (yet).

But assuming the killer didn't just pick a random house, which should be known from the forensics, then logic says that the killer must have known when the victims would be arriving home. Therefore the killer was either with the victims when they departed to go home, or the killer was already watching the home (either from inside his own home or from inside the victim's home). I don't think he was spending hours in the frigid dark weather hiding in trees, waiting for the victims to arrive. He would have no clue if they were coming home at 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 5 am. Or even not at all! He also would have turned his phone off, so he would be waiting for hours in the cold dark with nothing to do. Every minute he spent waiting was another minute he risked being seen. I guess it's possible, but I don't think it's likely. He also could have been in their house already, but that is very risky.

Look at the people who were present with K&M and X&E, and look at every single person who lives within sight distance of the house, and I bet you will find the killer.

It seems we have several new people here. Previous threads on this case contain things such as the complete floor plans of the house. It is very valuable to go back to the first thread and read them all as you will then get complete detailed information as it is currently known.
try several hundred new people?

Would anyone be interested in a post that states and sources the facts, timelines, etc.? I’d get a mod to approve first before posting but I feel like it could seriously slow down the movements of the threads to a point where we could actually discuss the case instead of sifting through speculation.

I’ve been working on a doc and I don’t want to put a ton of effort and time into it unless it will be used and referenced. Thoughts?

ETA it would include sources on things that will prevent new members from bringing up things discussed weeks ago. No offense to those who are new to the thread. ;)

We need different threads to for this case. One for newbs and another for non newbs.

Would anyone be interested in a post that states and sources the facts, timelines, etc.? I’d get a mod to approve first before posting but I feel like it could seriously slow down the movements of the threads to a point where we could actually discuss the case instead of sifting through speculation.

I’ve been working on a doc and I don’t want to put a ton of effort and time into it unless it will be used and referenced. Thoughts?

ETA it would include sources on things that will prevent new members from bringing up things discussed weeks ago. No offense to those who are new to the thread. ;)

Yes, definitely. There's so many threads and they're so fast moving that it's kind of asinine to expect new posters to go back and read through them all.

Oh good you added what I was going to suggest: Facts about the case I always look to the MPD releases but it wouldn’t hurt to list them and it would be nice to have general info about the victims - K’s car is being asked about, K’s graduation, house layout, everything we know about Murphy ;) - I can help with sources if you need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member