ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I was looking around my area to find a car detailing shop. I was shocked at the amount of ads that offered middle of the night detailing to clean up ANY substance (blood, chemicals etc). They will meet you anywhere no questions asked, but the fee is quite high. {shudder}

Needless to say, I went with a brick and mortar body shop.

I am an NYC car idiot and can't tell car models apart. Walking to get the paper this morning, I saw four of this car (I now know what the logo looks like), three of them white, in a block and a half. I think this might be tough for the cops to narrow down.

1. Rumor Control
  • There has been extensive media interest regarding an incident at Taylor Avenue and Band Field on November 13, 2022, at 3:01 a.m. This incident was an alcohol offense which was addressed by the on-scene officer. This call is not related to the murder investigations. For further details regarding this incident, a Moscow Police Department Public Records Request can be submitted referencing incident number 22-MO9896.
There's unrelated and there's unrelated. To me, in a case like this unrelated means the drunken kids weren't involved. However, I can't see that unrelated rules out the possibility that responding officers caught something on their cameras, for instance, or even the possibility that lights and siren scared the killer off before they found their way to the first floor.

If the owner of the vehicle and/or passengers do not come forward to authorities soon, it will cast suspicion on them.
Definitely. At the moment, the "occupants of the vehicle" are pretty much being invited to come forward. If they do not do this voluntarily, I'm sure LE will be tightening the screws and compel them to do so. I am glad LE released this info to the public. IMO, this is actually a part of the investigation where websleuths can be of great help to LE, which I'm sure is why they decided to share it now. I would not consider myself a websleuth at all, but I do have an analytical way of thinking and hope some of my observations can help, even if only in a little way.

Recently I was looking around my area to find a car detailing shop. I was shocked at the amount of ads that offered middle of the night detailing to clean up ANY substance (blood, chemicals etc). They will meet you anywhere no questions asked, but the fee is quite high. {shudder}

Needless to say, I went with a brick and mortar body shop.
No way. Never heard of this! That’s troubling. I used to work at a body shop right out of college and it was an interesting gig

Last eve on the previous thread, OTTO wrote two very interesting possibilities. ETOD could have been based upon a Fitbit watch, which recorded increased heart activity - before stopping completely. This is beyond fascinating (if this is factually possible via FitBit), and the infinite applications for such info remains endless. Can anyone confirm or deny this capability on a Fitbit?

In the last paragraph of his post, Otto laid out the scenario of the killer “watching” the house, occupants, party happenings, and bedroom windows prior to the attack. I too, support this possible theory. I believe it’s probable that he may have had a “favorite” spot selected among the brush and trees…where he could remain fully obscured from view. He would merely have to relax and watch the girls finally shut off the lights, before waiting about 30 - and then entering the home via the suspected POE: slider off kitchen. His mind was already set and intent on killing that night and his “plan” fell into place almost exactly as he visualized.

He must feel super-human right now. Riding on a “house of cards” tidal wave of presumed “power” from robbing the most precious commodity humans have: life. Four of them. Vibrant, hopeful, and standing eagerly at the gates of the future…before he effectively wiped them all completely off of the planet.

This is the crime of which nightmares are made. The ones which keep us all awake late at night. The variants and complexities of the crime scene must be simply overwhelming. The LE and CSI’s have an uphill battle and a late start with this total nightmare. My heart goes out to each one. They are working a seemingly impossible case, while climbing insurmountable odds to pursue and uncover the killer. They’ll be in this for the long haul. The odds are in their favor, as long as they never give up.

Last edited:
I am an NYC car idiot and can't tell car models apart. Walking to get the paper this morning, I saw four of this car (I now know what the logo looks like), three of them white, in a block and a half. I think this might be tough for the cops to narrow down.
The entire state of Idaho doesn’t have one fourth the population of NYC so maybe it will be easier to identify someone there.
That’s what I’m hoping anyway.

The entire state of Idaho doesn’t have one fourth the population of NYC so maybe it will be easier to identify someone there.
That’s what I’m hoping anyway.
True, but I was just surprised at how many there were in just a tiny sample! I generally only notice cars that are unusual or old-timey-looking.

JMO Yes he would. Why risk getting pulled over by LE for not having them turned on? It’s illegal.
And isn't it always the dumb criminal that gets pulled over for something silly like a broken tail light, headlights not on, etc., only for police to discover drugs in the car, driver has a weapon or a warrant? I doubt the person(s) who did this would allow themselves to get caught by some simple infraction.

You are self-deprecating and hilarious! Your post grabbed my attention, and then brought the joy of humor. I’ve used a similar phrase when making driving errors whilst navigating the roadways in Britain. “American car idiot.” It too, never fails to elicit laughter. Thanks for lightnening the mood and day. Imagine if that were the moniker you chose to POST under? NYCcaridiot. Like a word soup license plate…you have to read it a couple of time to GET it. (Akin to the creepers truck vanity license plate in the horror film Jeepers Creepers: BEATNGU!).

Last edited:
I did get that the occupants of the car and who they want to hear from , I agree with you about they knowing who the owner of the car is, I think they want to place the owner at the scene and they know the owner had people in that car that night ,IMO ,they want to place him there and need the witness who were in the car prior to the murders like as far back as the day before.
They clearly said they do not know the owner of the vehicle. If they did know the owner of the vehicle, they could likely locate the vehicle.

Was white Hynday reported stolen, and that was the only white car which was reported stolen in Moscow UD, as LE is pretty sure of the make and year of the make of the car? As it took some time to report this car as Car of Interest (COI), was it because the owner was away and only recently retyrned to Moscow ID and upon his return noticed that the car is missing? In this case, how the perpetrator knew that the stolen car will not be reported stolen for a while and it was safe to drive it around in Moscow ID albeit for a day or few hours?
If this was the case, they would know who the owner is. The press release stated they DO NOT know who the owner of the vehicle is.

Look guys, there is technology available to LE that can tell them where a vehicle tag has been spotted immediately. They clearly do not have the owner of this vehicle, or the tag as they stated or they would know where this car has been and when. Here is an article about tag scanners from the Washington area: Police: New license plate cameras 'best technology since DNA'

Here is what perps do to avoid scanners: Crooks print real DMV temp tags to cover up crimes. Where’s the oversight?

Why do we have to make this more difficult than it is? People have asked for information from LE for weeks. Why read any more into it? They don't have the vehicle, the owner, the driver, the tag, or the occupants.
If some of us had the tag, we could find the owner. I can almost guarantee they do not have the owner of the vehicle. (IMHO)

My ONLY problem w/ their statement is that they put no limit on where they want this info to come from. Meaning, what states do they want tips of a white elantra. Maybe that was purposeful, I don't know.

Link for source: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

Making the assumption that the murderer was in this car. I’m not so sure. Would a murderer use headlights if it was planned in advance?
The fact it's such a high profile crime in a small town, anyone who was near the house at that time would surely come forward, even just to clear their name as their mobile phone would be tracked.

So it's correct to be suspicious of anyone in a car near the house at that time.

Planned murders in Ireland most often use stolen cars with the number plate changed. They then burn out the car and switch to another car. Often the switch car is also stolen and burned out.

These would be professional criminals though.

There can't be too many of this type of car in Idaho. Or Washington also I guess. 1000s at most.
There's probably someone working through the list right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member