ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only speak to my experience of university parties/nights out (Uk based) but it wasn't uncommon for groups of people to be 'jogging' or walking quickly around in the early hours in the morning around the student filled areas.

Especially if it was cold, we often ended up speed walking or jogging to the next destination, lol

Other than the group being potential witnesses, I don't think this is especially important. This is where the fraternities and off-campus apartments were. Numerous groups of college kids are probably heading home at 2:50 on a Saturday night. The bars close at 2, but they could have stopped off at the food truck. And who knows when the frat parties wrap up?
I agree. There were probably lots of college kids/young adults out late in Moscow on a Saturday night. The killer could have been seen by others who didn’t give him a second thought. If he was wearing black, blood spatter would have been hard to see as well (especially in the dark.)

I think these are all valid points.

And in the scenario of a Greek related motive or Greek rage perpetrator, some of the young adults may well have these feelings.

But.... given the enormity of the crime and the fact that there would probably be more than say, three secret keepers, I think cracks would start to appear pretty fast in any group reluctance to talk.

As the cracks widened, secrets would be revealed. Maybe not directly. Rather, they could be revealed by anonymous tips, or direct statements similar to:

OK- "F" is a creeper and I uhmmm..... "heard it thought the grapevine" that he is known for behaviors "a" and "b". Anyways, I never liked "F" much- he violates the spirit of what we are. Might want to check him out....

Honestly these types of things may be happening behind the scenes and we just don't know about it. I dated a frat guy in college a long time ago, I can imagine this being frat related.. they are a tight bunch and it hasn't really been that long.

I am really interested in how the 2 surviving roommates can add to the investigation, there are rumors of course but we don't officially know anything. What did they see ( if anything) what did they hear ( if anything) Where did they sleep? Was the dog with them? ( really sorry to bring this up) If they heard things did they text the upstairs roomies? This is so common... people this age text people in the same house..even I do it. Something along the lines of " hey you still partying up there?" I have trouble believing they heard and saw absolutely nothing. If they did hear things and chose to ignore completely whether to believe them or not is up to LE and the BAU after talking with them.. if their lawyers allow it. This is a complex case.. give LE time.

Honestly these types of things may be happening behind the scenes and we just don't know about it. I dated a frat guy in college a long time ago, I can imagine this being frat related.. they are a tight bunch and it hasn't really been that long.

I am really interested in how the 2 surviving roommates can add to the investigation, there are rumors of course but we don't officially know anything. What did they see ( if anything) what did they hear ( if anything) Where did they sleep? Was the dog with them? ( really sorry to bring this up) If they heard things did they text the upstairs roomies? This is so common... people this age text people in the same house..even I do it. Something along the lines of " hey you still partying up there?" I have trouble believing they heard and saw absolutely nothing. If they did hear things and chose to ignore completely whether to believe them or not is up to LE and the BAU after talking with them.. if their lawyers allow it. This is a complex case.. give LE time.
I myself thought there was no way they didn't hear anything.

But then I remembered all the times I'd sleep through a house party back when I was a student and lived in a party house. Especially if I'd been drinking myself, I slept through a LOT back then. If the kills were fairly quick and/or quiet, I think it's plausible they didn't hear a thing. I can't imagine how they're feeling right now.

'Non responsive / unconscious person' in the house could in youth speak could mean 'they haven't viewed my text messages' after 12 hours and I haven't heard them move around, the dog is barking non stop, I've yelled upstairs and no-one answers, and there was an awful noisy crashing around kerfuffle last night. Maybe?

What's the best course of reasoning LE released their desire for a specific model of a vehicle approximately 2-weeks later? Whilst taking in to account there is (at least) a single Ring camera that leads into 1122 (information confirmed by Kaylee's sister) upon a single entrance leading to the home.
I think Thanksgiving holiday slowed down the investigation a bit.
Maybe they were waiting til after the holiday to interview more people.
Then when nothing came up, they released the info.

She made at least three phone calls after arriving home so she was somewhat cognizant I would think? Arrival at home is stated as 1:45 a.m. with phone calls between 2:30 & 3:00 a.m. we don't know what proof LE has that she made those calls, though.

Nothing has been released about whether she and/or KG ate the food KG bought.

It would be helpful to know more about her behavior before she left the Corner Club but that video is not being released.

The more I consider the ease with which someone drunk or drugged can be attacked & end up a crime victim, the more I wonder if the perp in this case had that as his main advantage. Perhaps instead of that being happenstance, maybe the killer used that knowledge to stalk & murder.

JMO

Edit: typo
Re whether they ate the food from the food truck - in this photo there is a takeout container of the type used by the food truck visited by KG & MM on top of the pile of garbage (for comparisons sake you can see the container they leave with in the food truck video).

Attachments

• Takeout Container.jpg
    Takeout Container.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 71
Someone seeing scratches would not be enough. It would take a DNA, hospital, doctor analysis to connect him to the murder.
I think in this case there is probably enough evidence left at the scene that once they have the guy they will have plenty to prove him guilty. It's just a matter of finding who the guy is. Some one noticing scratches would be important in figuring out who he is. Once he is know the other forensics should be able to convict him.

I think these are all valid points.

And in the scenario of a Greek related motive or Greek rage perpetrator, some of the young adults may well have these feelings.

But.... given the enormity of the crime and the fact that there would probably be more than say, three secret keepers, I think cracks would start to appear pretty fast in any group reluctance to talk.

As the cracks widened, secrets would be revealed. Maybe not directly. Rather, they could be revealed by anonymous tips, or direct statements similar to:

OK- "F" is a creeper and I uhmmm..... "heard it thought the grapevine" that he is known for behaviors "a" and "b". Anyways, I never liked "F" much- he violates the spirit of what we are. I heard that "F" trash talked victim "V" that night. You might want to check him out....

I tend to agree -- and that's a lot of secret-keeping for a demographic group used to sharing on- and offline.

I'd also add that the brutal murder of 4 sleeping students is profoundly different from the "hazing gone wrong" scenarios we've seen before here, or even the "friend O'D so we left her/ him on the hospital steps / in a car / on the sidewalk" ones. In those situations, although there may be plenty of blame and guilt to go round, there is also a range of plausible justifications for inaction: "We didn't know he/ she was in trouble, it was just a game, we / I had to go through the same thing and it was fine" rationales that simply aren't there for this crime.

If there's no means of justifying an action within a group, then there's little basis for secret-keeping on the scale required, IMO. I just don't see the "Greek rage and coverup" theory as very plausible here. Too many wildcards and too high stakes, IMO.

One parent adjusted or fixed a lock on his daughter’s door.
Yes, LE stated that they could find evidence of a stalker And there has been no update to confirm otherwise.
All four victims were brutally murdered not just KG. To leave the other three victims out of the theories, imo is not looking at the complete picture.
There is no concrete info from LE that KG was the target. In fact, LE is still saying they are not sure if the house was the target or one or more of the students were the target.
Making a correction to my own post:
LE stated that they could NOT find evidence of a stalker. And, there has been no update to confirm otherwise.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree from a sleuthing perspective. If you choose to believe SG. Just as I choose to believe KG, I also choose to believe SG. Why choose not to believe her own Dad?

All might be true. KG might have had a stalker, or maybe, the person was stalking the house, and KG, an attractive girl, felt it was her who was stalked.
IRL, I think, her chance is still only 25%, otherwise other lines and stories might be missed. And perhaps, the killer simply wanted to kill, regardless of his formal reason.

did you look at that clip? Doesn't look as if anybody is running
at many speeds---the normal speed it was a jog---i asked also who wears baseball hats ( reminds me training day cops movie) all 4 i think on a sat at 3am?---do 4 guys go out on a sat with baseball hats and run/jog/hurry from party to party ? I say Vegas odds this ain't normal behavior---add the incident happening as they appear? Vegas odds THEN change-and not in favor of 4 out of 5 answers here. IMO

Someone seeing scratches would not be enough. It would take a DNA, hospital, doctor analysis to connect him to the murder.

Correct. For prosecution and conviction you would need “all the things.” But to get to that point you have to begin with a suspect, and all we know (although LE likely has more) is that he possibly drives a white Elantra and would likely have been in hand to hand combat with X and E.
Of course, those scratches and bruises are probably all healed now.

I myself thought there was no way they didn't hear anything.

But then I remembered all the times I'd sleep through a house party back when I was a student and lived in a party house. Especially if I'd been drinking myself, I slept through a LOT back then. If the kills were fairly quick and/or quiet, I think it's plausible they didn't hear a thing. I can't imagine how they're feeling right now.
I agree it's possible, they didn't. I imagine this was a key area of questioning for LE.. For example ( note I am not suggesting this happened only giving an example) LE " Were you sleeping in your own rooms? ( if yes it's believable) If no then " Do you often share a bed together?" ( LE may be able to tell if they slept together that night) Were they actually asleep or were they on their phones? I imagine they were interviewed separately to see if their stories match... or did their lawyers allow them to say anything at all? I think there is more here than just " we were both asleep and didn't hear anything. MOO

at many speeds---the normal speed it was a jog---i asked also who wears baseball hats ( reminds me training day cops movie) all 4 i think on a sat at 3am?---do 4 guys go out on a sat with baseball hats and run/jog/hurry from party to party ? I say Vegas odds this ain't normal behavior---add the incident happening as they appear? Vegas odds THEN change-and not in favor of 4 out of 5 answers here. IMO
When I was in college, at a party, I would bet half the guys had a ball cap of some kind.

Other than the group being potential witnesses, I don't think this is especially important. This is where the fraternities and off-campus apartments were. Numerous groups of college kids are probably heading home at 2:50 on a Saturday night. The bars close at 2, but they could have stopped off at the food truck. And who knows when the frat parties wrap up?
I don’t think it is something that one can overlook either. Obviously, further investigation is needed. They could be possible witnesses as well. Maybe they noticed something in the area or saw someone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member