ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, can you elaborate on why you think the roommates should not be considered suspects? I remember from my college days how mad some girls could get when they misunderstood a roommate issue or didn't ask for clarification and just internally fumed inside. If a person is angry enough and has thoughts such as killing, the individual would act if that's what they chose. JMO
Absolutely, they can get mad, but to stab and murder 4 people in a bloody scene is not just a roommate issue. In pictures posted, they all seem to be ordinary roommates. Of course, everyone should be considered suspects, but good investigation by LE should be able to rule out who is most likely not involved. MOO

I do think the 2 roomates are "key", at least with giving context and coming and goings.

A possible (far fetched) scenario:

One or both of the two had a beef with the other girls in the house. Not a big deal, just bitchy young girl spat type stuff. They express this "beef" to some guy friend. The "friend" decides to "make their life better" by eliminating the problem. He is now the hero (in his mind)...

that makes sense. Another scenario is the "booty call" Inebriated and alone and ex not responding to texts because possibly sleeping, so multiple calls are made to rouse. IMO
I am thinking the lonesome/checking in/drunk dial motive seems reasonable, calling before going to sleep. Calls from 2:26 to 2:44 am IMO suggest she didn't get to sleep until 2:44 at the earliest. And she was alive until 2:44.
  1. They got home at 2 am (IMO), took a bathroom break (lots of drinking, long wait for food), let the dog out
  2. Eating of the Carbonara
So in that case the dialing would have started before or during the pasta feast.

Less likely IMO: The threat emerged immediately and these were emergency calls, for instance if hypothetically the Uber driver followed them inside. However, dialing 911 would make more sense in that case.

I just read that you can say “Hey Siri, call 911” and she will do so.

Not the OP, but LE has stated they are not suspects and are cooperating with the investigation. I find it almost impossible to think one or both girls planned and physically pulled off the vicious stabbing of 4 of their closet friends.

Plus they are considered victims on WS.

MOO

FIRST ON FOX: The female roommates who were home when four Idaho college students were savagely stabbed to death Sunday in a house near campus haven't been ruled out as suspects, an official told Fox News Digital.

From what I understand, K got the dog when she was with her ex. Is her ex the same J name that she was making those phone calls to?
If so, maybe she was calling him repeatedly because she could not locate the dog and was panicked.
Maybe the dog was preoccupied by the killer and that’s why she didn’t have the dog in her sights and was worried he got out.
Purely speculation and MOO.

I have wondered about the report of blood dripping down the foundation. I cannot believe that the floor and walls are not sealed, allowing liquid (blood) to flow to the outside. All houses have foundations, sill sealer, sills, then walls with insulation, drywall on the inside, house wrap, then siding on the outside. And if after all that, wouldn't liquid (blood) be seeping instead of dripping from inside. I have doubts that that is actual blood, instead, maybe it's something in the construction or earlier paint dripping. It may have been a bloody interior, but I agree, blood splatters on the wall, but not pools of blood. MOO
There are pictures of it on the DM site. This is an older house so may not be sealed as well as you assume.

The comments about the other 2 housemates are really rubbing me the wrong way.

It would be easy enough to say "we will not discuss the other 2 housemates at this time."

To say "perhaps they are victims, perhaps they are witnesses, perhaps they are the key to this whole thing" is a VERY, VERY strange thing to say in this circumstance.

I hope those two have the support they need right now.
Not only that, but they went as far as saying they “may have committed the crime.” I mean, maybe he meant no one can be ruled out and anyone could have done this, but they specifically said the hoodie guy is not a suspect or POI. So my jaw dropped when I saw this quote. That’s pretty harsh IMO.

I am thinking the lonesome/checking in/drunk dial motive seems reasonable, calling before going to sleep. Calls from 2:26 to 2:44 am IMO suggest she didn't get to sleep until 2:44 at the earliest. And she was alive until 2:44.
  1. They got home at 2 am (IMO), took a bathroom break (lots of drinking, long wait for food), let the dog out
  2. Eating of the Carbonara
So in that case the dialing would have started before or during the pasta feast.

Less likely IMO: The threat emerged immediately and these were emergency calls, for instance if hypothetically the Uber driver followed them inside. However, dialing 911 would make more sense in that case.

I just read that you can say “Hey Siri, call 911” and she will do soi phone

The timeline says they were back home by 1:45. How could they be at the food truck at 1:52?
That is my point. They were not home at 1:45 and the timeline is wrong (IMO).

The girls leave the food truck exactly 3 hours and 52 minutes after the workers state on video "It's 10, open up" (for ordering). You can watch them leave the food truck on video at 1:52am. (IMO)

Last edited:

FIRST ON FOX: The female roommates who were home when four Idaho college students were savagely stabbed to death Sunday in a house near campus haven't been ruled out as suspects, an official told Fox News Digital.
Yeah, and there are several other linked vids that shows he said they were not suspects. I think at this point the reporting is a bit all over the place.

Regardless, they certainly haven't been named POI.

MOO

Absolutely, they can get mad, but to stab and murder 4 people in a bloody scene is not just a roommate issue. In pictures posted, they all seem to be ordinary roommates. Of course, everyone should be considered suspects, but good investigation by LE should be able to rule out who is most likely not involved. MOO
I agree but we are not privy in the thoughts in other minds. I'm still keeping this as a theory

Respectfully, can you elaborate on why you think the roommates should not be considered suspects? I remember from my college days how mad some girls could get when they misunderstood a roommate issue or didn't ask for clarification and just internally fumed inside. If a person is angry enough and has thoughts such as killing, the individual would act if that's what they chose. JMO
because statistically women just don't sort their lives out that way.

Yeah, and there are several other linked vids that shows he said they were not suspects. I think at this point the reporting is a bit all over the place.

Regardless, they certainly haven't been named POI.

MOO
Yes.That's what's crazy.Just about a day before he stated they were cooperating and not considered suspects.He seems all over the place.It's a targeted attacked with others not in dangers.Oops maybe others could be in danger.

Here’s what Aaron Snell, the communications director for ISP, the one who the chief said at the press conference would be handling all media inquiries, said re: the roommates:

"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

You’ve obviously had a different experience than me. I would say 95% of the college students I’ve arrested never asked for a lawyer and paved a path to conviction, by talking. I’ve arrested college students for everything from DWI to theft, aggravated assault, armed robbery and even murder. The overwhelming majority of college students I’ve dealt with immediately start answering questions. That’s not nearly as common with violent career felons, that have been to prison.

Oddly enough, I once arrested a criminal justice professor, for domestic violence. He practically built my case for me, with his inability to shut his mouth.

Yes, Maddison and Kaylee look a lot alike. If I didn’t know better, I would think they were sisters. You might be on to something with that.
Well you would obviously know better than me. I have never been arrested and only know a couple of friends in college who were. Both said nothing. Both arrests were for minor offenses like loitering, obviously based on racial bias, and both asked for lawyers and got off. This was in Arizona in the 1980s. Given that 40 years later the federal courts are still holding LE agencies in Arizona in contempt for racial bias, as recently as this week, I don't think it is a stretch to say it was happening back then.

If I am ever arrested I will certainly immediately clamp my mouth shut. But I tend to obey the law so that seems unlikely.

There are pictures of it on the DM site. This is an older house so may not be sealed as well as you assume.
I saw the pictures, but is it really blood? Has LE confirmed that it is blood? If I have a spill in my garage, and it runs to the outside, it is a seeping, staining, not dripping pattern. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member