ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and made a layout of the house based on the crude sketch the landlord gave on the fox news article and the pictures available on zillow. The red numbers and arrows are matched to the same picture numbers on the zillow listing. The scaling of my layout probably is not the best but I believe the layout itself is quite accurate. Hopefully this might help some people better visualize the possible routes and such of the parties involved. Let me know if you think something is incorrect.

Fox News article: Idaho murders: Inside the off-campus house where 4 students were killed
Zillow listing: 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow

Attachments

• Second-(Main)-Floor.png
    Second-(Main)-Floor.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 512
  • Third-Floor.png
    Third-Floor.png
    220.2 KB · Views: 469
  • First-Floor.png
    First-Floor.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 487
There has to be DNA. Hair, blood, seaman or whatever. I think we are going to have to wait for testing, I just hope to god whoever did this doesn't do it again. JMO
Semen? Do you think the girls may have been sexually assaulted too?

So, could there be two different rides?

Maybe the first ride was from the bar to the food truck (private party).

Maybe the second was when the Uber showed up. If you watch the video, once they get their food one of the girls has her cell phone out. I thought she was taking a picture of the guy in the food truck. But maybe she got a notification on her cell the Uber arrived. Because after that they hussle out of there.
The way LE has been communicating information to the press would make Barney Fife blush.

Some things aren't adding up for me. It could be a coincidence but why would the 2 survivors in the house be the only ones to lock their bedroom doors if that is the reason they survived when it was reported persons were attacked in bed..why didn't the people sleeping lock their doors? Did every bedroom have a lock on it? If the killer entered through the sliding door on level 2 the front door was reportedly left open i dont know if that jst means lock pad disabled or also ajar? There is the chance whoever did this could have passed the bedrooms of the survivors and did enter through the front door. There is no way the person who did this isn't covered in cuts on their hands from a knife frenzy. I'm puzzled by this one. Ps correct me if I'm wrong but reading previous posts the 911 caller was neither of the roomates that survived.

Last edited:
Someone couldn’t have entered their house mistakenly?
It would have to be a huge mistake on the part of the killer! I just can't see that happening.
Or was someone let in because they thought it was neighbor’s friend?
I don't think anyone was let in. I've not heard that is a thing. We are presuming through MSM and LE releases, that the killer came in through the kitchen's sliding doors at the back and killed everyone in their beds.

I read somewhere that Kalee had moved out and was back to visit and show her friends her new car. So I just wanted to point out for what its worth she probably no longer had a bed to sleep in and was likely sleeping with Morgan. So I guess its more likely the attack was in two rooms, not three.

I read somewhere that Kalee had moved out and was back to visit and show her friends her new car. So I just wanted to point out for what its worth she probably no longer had a bed to sleep in and was likely sleeping with Morgan. So I guess its more likely the attack was in two rooms, not three.
Oh, that's interesting!

So, technically Kaylee (and also Ethan) didn't live there.

I wonder if the killer knew that? If not, perhaps Kaylee wasn't the target. Nor Ethan. Were they collateral damage? Who was the intended target? Or did the killer just plan to kill everyone anyway?

So that brings the people actually living at that house down to 4.... 2 were killed, 2 were left alone on the lower/ground floor.

Exactly when did Kaylee come back to show the others her new car?

Some things aren't adding up for me. It could be a coincidence but why would the 2 survivors in the house be the only ones to lock their bedroom doors if that is the reason they survived when it was reported persons were attacked in bed..why didn't the people sleeping lock their doors? Did every bedroom have a lock on it? If the killer entered through the sliding door on level 2 the front door was reportedly left open i dont know if that jst means lock pad disabled or also ajar? There is the chance whoever did this could have passed the bedrooms of the survivors and did enter through the front door. There is no way the person who did this isn't covered in cuts on their hands from a knife frenzy. I'm puzzled by this one. Ps correct me if I'm wrong but reading previous posts the 911 caller was neither of the roomates that survived.

1. We do not know if that is a fact that the survivors heard anything and locked their door.
2. Maybe every room had a lock, maybe not. Not sure how that makes a difference. They were good friends, signed one lease together, and some grew up together so I dont think you would enter that type of living arrangement/responsibility with people you did not trust.
3. I believe the keypad was on the actual front door which would be the lowest level. It could mean unlocked or ajar but considering two people were asleep on that floor and its winter I imagine they wouldve become aware of that at some point before noon since the house wouldve been very cold and forced someone to investigate. So I think that makes the sliding glass most likely unlocked and/or slightly ajar. Also, assuming the visitor who came at noon would probably park in the parking area and would see the open door would enter that way. If its closed though would walk around to the sliding glass doors where it is believed he would encounter the victims.

Last edited:
So, could there be two different rides?

Maybe the first ride was from the bar to the food truck (private party).

Maybe the second was when the Uber showed up. If you watch the video, once they get their food one of the girls has her cell phone out. I thought she was taking a picture of the guy in the food truck. But maybe she got a notification on her cell the Uber arrived. Because after that they hussle out of there.
Corner Club is less than a 7 min walk from grub truck. On a cold night with only a tiny bit of jaywalking, you can definitely make it there within 5 min. Living in this area, I've never heard of anyone taking an Uber for that distance. It's common to walk to grub truck from any of the 8 nearby bars and ridesharing/taxi/public transit options in the Palouse are terrrrrible. I think I've maybe taken a lyft once in the past 3 years.

Granted last weekend was an absolutely huge football weekend for both WSU in Pullman and for U of I in Moscow on Saturday. They both played home games and it was also WSU's (infamous) dads' weekend so there were likely hundreds or even thousands more people in the area than there usually are.

Pullman/ Moscow are both quite small and remote. The casual traveler would not wander into the area by chance. You'd likely be going specifically for a football game, a conference (like at one of the universities or the massive engineering company), you're already living there or visiting someone who goes to college there.

If they were able to find an Uber at all, they would've only taken it from the grub truck home or more likely gotten a ride from someone else. IME.

Last edited:
Corner Club is less than a 7 min walk from grub truck. On a cold night with only a tiny bit of jaywalking, you can definitely make it there within 5 min. Living in this area, I've never heard of anyone taking an Uber for that distance. It's common to walk to grub truck from any of the 8 nearby bars and ridesharing/taxi/public transit options in the Palouse are terrrrrible. I think I've maybe taken a lyft once in the past 3 years.

Granted last weekend was an absolutely huge football weekend for both WSU in Pullman and for U of I in Moscow on Saturday. They both played home games and it was also WSU's (infamous) dads' weekend so there were likely hundreds or even thousands more people in the area than there usually are.

Pullman/ Moscow are both quite small and remote. The casual traveler would not wander into the area by chance. You'd likely be going specifically for a football game, a conference (like at one of the universities or the massive engineering company), you're already living there or visiting someone who goes to college there.

If they were able to find an Uber at all, they would've only taken it from the grub truck home or more likely gotten a ride from someone else. IME.
"Two women, Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves, were at a local bar called The Corner Club and later took a ride from downtown to arrive at the home at 1:45 a.m., police said Friday. Earlier, police said the duo took an Uber ride, but they later corrected that to say the women “used a private party for a ride home from Grub Truck at approximately 1:40 a.m.”

* Maddie (Mogden)

I think I see a photo of Kaylee on the sigma chi facebook website.

To me this just reeks of somebody in the area most likely a student. Somebody transient or a crazy serial killer passing through doesn't end up in that area where the house is. Granted GPS has helped with pin point travel, I don't think serial killers like to end up too far off the beaten path. They want to escape quickly. A serial killer probably picks something closer to the main drag.

The person who did this felt confident going into that home. That home is a decent sized residence with 5 bedrooms. It's a college scene on a Saturday night. A random killer with a knife has to believe that nobody else is going to walk into that home from a party while he's in there committing the murders. This person knew the routine of these people. This person was probably in that house before and knew the layout. And like I said before this person probably walked or rode a bike. If we don't get any police release of video footage showing a vehicle then I will believe that to be the case even more. If the person walked or rode a bike then I would be certain that the killer lived close by.

If we are being honest here we need to include:

- You are lonely
- You are horny
- You want more alcohol/pot delivered

Please don't take that as victim shaming. I see no shame in any of those.
Hello,
I’ve been lurking and am now making my first post. Sorry if this violates forum rules.

I thought I read earlier in the forum that one of the girls and “J” (the boy receiving numerous calls early Sunday morning) owned a dog together that went missing that night. Is it possible that the calls to “J” were to notify him that the dog disappeared??
This would explain:
1) multiple attempts to contact
2) no voicemail left behind
3) why “J” is called instead of 911
ALSO- IF the killer let the dog out, he would have already been in or around the house before those calls were placed… all MOO

There are a few "prehospital signs of death" that many jurisdictions recognize and, as an EMR/EMT/Paramedic allow you to legally stop treatment. A couple of examples are decoposition, decapitation, burned beyond recognition, lividity, and rigidity. Absent those signs, once you start treatment you are obligated to continue until you hand off care to someone equally or higher qualified or you are too physically exhausted to continue.
It may be different in every state but in mine I was surprised to learn that emt/paramedics can just call into the emergency room doctor without ever attempting any life saving and the doctor pronounces time of death over the phone. One of my kids works as an RN in the emergency room.

"Two women, Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves, were at a local bar called The Corner Club and later took a ride from downtown to arrive at the home at 1:45 a.m., police said Friday. Earlier, police said the duo took an Uber ride, but they later corrected that to say the women “used a private party for a ride home from Grub Truck at approximately 1:40 a.m.”

Ride sharing is an independant contracting job so that could be considered private party because by nature its not a state licensed service.

Hello,
I’ve been lurking and am now making my first post. Sorry if this violates forum rules.

I thought I read earlier in the forum that one of the girls and “J” (the boy receiving numerous calls early Sunday morning) owned a dog together that went missing that night. Is it possible that the calls to “J” were to notify him that the dog disappeared??
This would explain:
1) multiple attempts to contact
2) no voicemail left behind
3) why “J” is called instead of 911
ALSO- IF the killer let the dog out, he would have already been in or around the house before those calls were placed… all MOO
Wouldn't Kaylee be searching or thinking about her dog and be on alert and worried instead of sleeping?

If the dog did disappear then the possibility that prep(s) came prepared with tranquilizers (including for humans), If that is the case it does point prep to their hunting skills

Edit: May be some bait is still lying around the house and LE can find this. I am not sure how this will help as a clue in solving it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member