ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the car is very likely the white elantra. I highly doubt the police would be placing crime scene tape around the gas station and gathering hours of video evidence from there otherwise.
Why would they be placing crime scene tape around the gas station if the car only drove past and didn't stop in!?

If the Perp takes a circuitous path, it could be his immediate priority is to get rid of the murder weapon.

Is it odd they’re not saying 3:00 am - 5:00 am?

Is there something else causing the 3:00 am- 4:00 am?
I think it's possible that the suspect did not get rid of his knife. It sounds like an unusual knife, more like a tool that could be used in hunting, for example. People become attached to some knives, more so when they hold memories.

This was targeted/ planned, so it could be his personal knife, not something he would throw away. In fact, throwing it away might make it worse - especially if someone recognized his knife.

WTF? I honestly cannot believe LE needed a tip submission from a gas station employee before seeking out footage of nearby gas stations. Gobsmacked.
If that’s the car, the route is not direct, but someone could be freaking out wanting to get rid of the weapon and change.

Reports are Police pulled footage from a station near A&W, which is 2 mins from King Rd, and then the other gas station on Troy is only another 2 mins away from there, but it doesn’t look like that vehicle was taking a direct route, but, of course, we don’t know the ultimate destination.

Bury weapon, change clothes, shower?

We don’t know.

MOO.

I think it's possible that the suspect did not get rid of his knife. It sounds like an unusual knife, more like a tool that could be used in hunting, for example. People become attached to some knives, more so when they hold memories.

This was targeted/ planned, so it could be his personal knife, not something he would throw away. In fact, throwing it away might make it worse - especially if someone recognized his knife.
You could be perfectly correct.

It’s still a stupid move.

If that’s the car, the route is not direct, but someone could be freaking out wanting to get rid of the weapon and change.

Reports are Police pulled footage from a station near A&W, which is 2 mins from King Rd, and then the other gas station on Troy is only another 2 mins away from there, but it doesn’t look like that vehicle was taking a direct route, but, of course, we don’t know the ultimate destination.

Bury weapon, change clothes, shower?

We don’t know.

MOO.
Ah gotcha. Thanks. But surely LE should still cover all possibilities!?

IF this is the car, they could've had this info since the car came onto their radar if they got footage from all available gas stations however long ago.

I hadn't seen this article before that some neighbors who were interviewed thought it was unusually quiet that night around the neighborhood:

Neighbors to U of I homicides tell of party culture around home, unusually quiet night - East Idaho News

"The Idaho Vandals football team played their final home game of the season that night, drawing many students downtown afterwards rather than to the neighborhood, a few theorized."
Perhaps the unusual quiet night was in reference to the home.

I wanted to get an idea of how busy State Route 95 would be at 3:45AM and I found an archived traffic cam on I-95 and 6th Street. This is from 4AM today (may be slightly busier on the weekends), but it is completely empty. A car speeding down the road at 3:45AM seems like it would be out of the ordinary. MOO.
View attachment 387260
I’m a little behind so I apologize if I’m repeating anyone but omg! If this type of footage in this clarity is available for the night in question and the white car shows up, and if there is indeed a license plate there will be no question in locating it. Also not question, MOO, if there is one camera like this in Moscow, there must be more.

Excellent work!!

source:
Probably to enable them to work angles, lighting etc. and comparisons to the footage.
Work that might be difficult with lots of people and vehicles passing through?

Routes from house to CCTV at 808 Troy Road.

View attachment 387268

Google Map
Good job

Go to end of the blue line on the Right, 802 Troy, I think. That gas station employee has the car speeding on White Ave back towards the blue line. Car is moving from White Ave towards Rt 8 (also called Troy Rd).

Per the Daily Mail article, let me find that.

The car she saw is coming from the direction of the Safeway, on your map. Traveling West on White Ave.

We don’t know his immediate priority.

Last edited:
Does anyone have information about the road the white car was on when the video image was captured. The attendant mentioned the car traveled on rt 8 and then turned off shortly after.

That may imply the car was on rt 8 on one side of the gas station and then turned the corner off of rt 8, and on the other side of the gas station.

Knowing what road the car was on when the image was taken.

It seems that most gas stations on rt 8 are on the North side.

If the image was taken as the car turned off rt 8, then it would be going north 8n either case.

If the image was taken while it was on rt 8, then the Exon Station east of 95 on rt 8 would correspond to the direction the car was traveling on rt 8.

Then, we are given the car turned off of route 8 shortly after passing the station. Did it go north or south ?

So which road would help

I wanted to get an idea of how busy State Route 95 would be at 3:45AM and I found an archived traffic cam on SR-95 and 6th Street. This is from 4AM today (may be slightly busier on the weekends), but it is completely empty. A car speeding down the road at 3:45AM seems like it would be out of the ordinary. MOO.
View attachment 387260
Great job getting the traffic cam, citizen_sleuth! I think it would have been busier a month ago when the murders occurred. Aren't the students on winter break this week? I know the universities in my city are.

To me, begs the question- even though they asked everyone with a camera or phone at that time to bring video to police- didn’t they go around to get it from any grocery store, convenience store, gas station, especially near a highway? We‘Re not talking about Miami- it’s a small town. Not that many places to go ask for video before it’s recorded over! I don’t understand how a month later they’re just getting video. I do understand that they didn’t announce about the white car until recently, but I’m talking about just getting all recordings from all those kinds of establishments at that time of the morning from all of them to sit and go through them. Look to see was anyone speeding off Or any cars out at that time. Between 3-5 am, not many cars out. I can’t believe if that was not done

Good job

Go to end of the blue line on the Right, 802 Troy, I think. That gas station employee has the car speeding on White Ave back towards the blue line. Car is moving from White Ave towards Rt 8 (also called Troy Rd).

Per the Daily Mail article, let me find that.

The car she saw is coming from the direction of the Safeway, on your map.

We don’t know his immediate priority.
Based on attendant's quoted statement, the car turned off of rt 8 soon after. I suggest the car was traveling east as fast as possible so this may imply the car zig zagged north of rt 8 after passing the gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003