ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do. These are not exotic, they are VERY common. Also I can buy a kabar or any number of large combat knive from amazon and they will ship it to DC. In fact a minor can.
Sigh, How about a little context? This was a short observation while answering a question about the Walmart tennis shoes receipt in the Rhoden case. I was trying to keep it on topic, not create a whole discussion about what Walmart does and doesn't sell or where combat knives can and can't be bought.

I know they are common. I know they can be purchased by a minor. I know they can be purchased all over the internet, as well as at a multitude of sporting goods and tactial shops. As well as surplus stores, where Rolling got his. They can also be stolen in a burglary, which wouldn't surprise me if that's where this murder weapon was obtained. I have personally posted all this before.

I said AFAIK. That's what I know. I have never seen any knife resembling a KA-BAR for sale in a Walmart. Perhaps they have them somewhere I have never been. Can we move on now?

Could she have brought in a semester’s worth of advanced placement courses, that would have cleared out General Ed classes, and enabled her to graduate a semester early? She might have considered staying the entire year, maybe filling out a minor, or a double major, and then when she got the good job offer, decided to go for it.

Just my speculation, but advanced placement courses are ubiquitous, nowadays, and she seems to have been enterprising and smart.

And, as others have said, I think that she’d have had trouble transferring credits, just for her final semester. And, as I see it, no reason to think that she planned that, since everything that we’ve heard is that she planned to graduate in December. For some reason, I want to cry.

She could have, but what a rotten way to end up a transcript where you were on the Dean's list. AP courses are designed for high school students, and are all first year (Freshman) classes. To wait until your senior year and then not do capstone courses in your field (especially with her major), would mean fewer chances at graduate work (such as becoming an elementary school teacher - although she could probably have found a spot; it still might affect future employment).

There are actual laws in each state and also federal accreditation policy about when you can transfer and how long you must be in residence before you can get a degree from an institution (otherwise, the institution is regarded as a "degree mill" which is a big no-no),

She would need to find a General Studies program (rare) that would allow her to transfer all your units. Most states have their own local requirements as to what constitute GE prep. She would be out-of-state and pay out-of-state tuition (much higher) and she'd have been off cycle to apply for transfer. Her mother says she was going to finish and graduate that semester - why disbelieve the mom?

Why would she do that if she could just pay in-state tuition and take the handful of units she still needed? A private online school would take her - but that would not be as great a diploma as the one she had already earned at U of ID.

IMO.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue in Thread #38.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18