ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like stainless steel Buck knives?

Tactical, hunting, survival, skinning, dozens of every kind of Kabar style knife, I even saw a 16" serrated fixed blade "Bowie Knife" that is scary looking. Just check the Walmart website...and search "knives hunting"

You're right...thats just so odd to me especially pledging to separate sorority's.
All IMO. In My Opinion Only.
Agree. BFFs had to have secrets based on being in different sororities. They were very close friends, loved each other dearly, but likely had certain confidences.
Also odd that they quit their sororities in their senior years, if that part is true.
IMOO. JMO

It maybe was not a legitimate knife fight but I understand that some of the victims resisted the onslaught and that can cause the perp to injure himself. In my basic training we didn't have any slippery blood to deal with.

No. What evidence is there that anyone actually resisted in any meaningful way? It is reflex to grab at knife if someone is putting one you. This would result in one or two of them having defensive wounds as i a cut to their hands or arm, but would not mean any kind of fight or resistance.
And I don't know where you went to basic, but the knifes were slippery as hell from sweat. KaBar is designed not to harm the wielder. You could stick your hand in olive oil and deliver a full thrust and unless you are a complete pogue your hand is not going to slip past that guard/hilt.

Most universities do not allow graduating seniors to take courses at other universities. There is no indication she was transferring, which would almost certainly require another year of study, since commencement at the transferred school would require 30 credits in most places I know of. It may be that she had the credits to finish but didn’t want to officially graduate until the big ceremony in May so she didn’t process graduation application. She may have completed required courses but needed elective credits. Lots of possibililites.
Four month internship last semester with credit is not uncommon. Not uncommon to do that in a completely different town or state if where you are doesn't have a lot of openings local to your school in your chosen industry. If she wanted to intern in high tech firm it would be normal to go somewhere like Texas which has a much higher concentration of those than Idaho.
Also good if you are trying to but some physical distance in a an amicable temporary break or a bad break up.

Her inquiry was four months. that a semester

Tactical, hunting, survival, skinning, dozens of every kind of Kabar style knife, I even saw a 16" fixed blade "Bowie Knife" that is very scary looking, can I post the online link here?
Maybe, probably not. I fear we are already close to going OT here. But I grew up in Texas and never saw anything like a KA-BAR in the stores there. They did have an incredible selection of guns, however. The only knfe I ever saw in a Walmart that even had a 6" blade was a stainless Buck knife. But that's just me. :)

Interesting points. Two things to note:

Lack of sexual assault does not equal lack of sexual motivation.

There’s a reason that LE is not required to show motivation: as you said, the motive for this sort of crime is usually something that normal people can barely comprehend.
We too often forget that someone who commits a gruesome, monstrous murder is almost certainly not morally, emotionally or psychologically like the rest of us.

You're right...thats just so odd to me especially pledging to separate sorority's.
It's very likely that they both pledged to more than one sorority and ended up getting accepted by different sororities. Just because someone pledges to a sorority doesn't mean they'll get accepted by that particular sorority.

Maybe, probably not. I fear we are already close to going OT here. But I grew up in Texas and never saw anything like a KA-BAR in the stores there. They did have an incredible selection of guns, however. The only knfe I ever saw in a Walmart that even had a 6" blade was a stainless Buck knife. But that's just me. :)
it is a profoundly common knife. and Idaho has zero knife laws, so even ones illegal in many states due to a full closed handguard that also works as brass knuckles is legal there.

Online Wal-Mart has pages of knives listed. Many well known brand names and a 12" Kabar knockoff for only $13.00.
I was referring to in stores, with surveilance cameras and a receipt like in the Rhoden case that began this line of thought. But whatever.

There is no car in my scenario. E&X and perpetrator walked the half block from the frat house home to Kings road coming up in back of the house.

I think they came in the back way, that is why the Ring camera shows K&M arriving home but not E&X. I never said they returned in a car or that the perpetrator drove a car to the residence. He simply walked back to the frat house later.

If the white Hyundia was on Taylor whoever driving it may have seen E&X with the perp going to Kings RD or perp returning to frat house. Maybe this is why LE says whoever is in that car has crucial evidence. They saw the perp crossing Taylor to or from Kings Rd.

if it was someone even loosely associated with the victims, wouldn't someone, somewhere in their sphere report that they know someone who drove or drives that car?

Maybe the person who drives that car is not in their sphere and is simply someone going to or from work. Or a party.

I personally think that LE has the wrong make and model car. Maybe even the wrong color, as an ivory, light yellow or silver car can look white at night under street lights.

This is all just my opinion.

JMO
Maybe the FBI needs to adjust their automobile recognition make, model, and color program. I'm interested in why you think they've got it all wrong?

No. What evidence is there that anyone actually resisted in any meaningful way? It is reflex to grab at knife if someone is putting one you. This would result in one or two of them having defensive wounds as i a cut to their hands or arm, but would not mean any kind of fight or resistance.
And I don't know where you went to basic, but the knifes were slippery as hell from sweat. KaBar is designed not to harm the wielder. You could stick your hand in olive oil and deliver a full thrust and unless you are a complete pogue your hand is not going to slip past that guard/hilt.
You seem to be assuming it was a military type knife. To my knowledge the only reference LE made was to a Kabar type and Kabar makes many models. Lets agree to disagree!! IMHO

What are they looking for?
JMO IMO I'm not sure - and I don't know that they are either, at least until they see it. It's like the puzzle piece you can't find, and then you see it and it clicks. My money is on LE having lots of pieces and they'll know a missing piece when they see it. At least that's how my brain works (intuitively) and I can't really tell you until I can tell myself, but I always put it together. My bet is LE will do the same. IMO JMO

One would think that there would be a measurable demographic of slightly older students that are military veterans paying for the college education on the GI Bill.

IMO it is near certain that the killer has training and practical familiarity with a knife made for offense.
Why? Because they could stab four sleeping, likely residually inebriated people in an ambush, three of whom were petite females -- using a knife made to deliver single lethal wounds?

I am not part of that exchange but I don't see it as really meaningful, except mainly for time. It would be interesting if they noted the time, although that is not something someone with no training would probably do.

Being conditions to hearing noises almost all weekend nights, parties, probably occasional guests in rooms, or on couch would also mean it was natural to ignore the noises. My first housemates when I was a sophomore in undergrad made every human and non human noise all the time.

What we don't have from that news article is any indication as to whether hearing noise was unusual. The house and the residents could actually be noisy as a norm.
Exactly. Essentially, we have NO statements available directly from the housemates regarding what they heard. The link to the article is a secondhand account of what they may have said and not very revealing. MOO.

That's a lot of logical hoops to have to go through for the car to be of mere peripheral significance considering it is one of the few facts towards a potential perpetrator that LE has actually released. Doesn't Occam's Razor apply to the car as well?

Indeed, very rarely does LE come out publicly and say the person driving X car is suspect #1. Rather, they use lawyerly parsings to protect their case and insinuate that he is. Why else would they be jumping immediately after video and public web 'investigations' into said car?

It is far more likely the perpetrator drove the car than not.

My opinion.
I think we are all jumping through logical hoops on here right now, since we have very little information released from the police.

So one opinion, theory, or scenario is just as relevant as another.

JMO

You seem to be assuming it was a military type knife. To my knowledge the only reference LE made was to a Kabar type and Kabar makes many models. Lets agree to disagree!! IMHO
The very reason they said Kabar type was that they know it had a handguard/hilt. The coroner has said the wounds caused bruises. 99% of the time that is from knife going to hilt/handguard. folding and kitchen knifes don't have the kind of hilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member