ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then who drives the car and where is it? Wouldn't the simplest explanation also offer the simplest solution/resolution? Indeed, if it was someone even loosely associated with the victims, wouldn't someone, somewhere in their sphere report that they know someone who drove or drives that car?

That LE hasn't yet identified the car or the driver, and is asking for the public's help in doing so, indicates that it isn't likely a perpetrator within the victims immediate or tangential spheres.

My opinion.
There is no car in my scenario. E&X and perpetrator walked the half block from the frat house home to Kings road coming up in back of the house.

I think they came in the back way, that is why the Ring camera shows K&M arriving home but not E&X. I never said they returned in a car or that the perpetrator drove a car to the residence. He simply walked back to the frat house later.

If the white Hyundia was on Taylor whoever driving it may have seen E&X with the perp going to Kings RD or perp returning to frat house. Maybe this is why LE says whoever is in that car has crucial evidence. They saw the perp crossing Taylor to or from Kings Rd.

if it was someone even loosely associated with the victims, wouldn't someone, somewhere in their sphere report that they know someone who drove or drives that car?

Maybe the person who drives that car is not in their sphere and is simply someone going to or from work. Or a party.

I personally think that LE has the wrong make and model car. Maybe even the wrong color, as an ivory, light yellow or silver car can look white at night under street lights.

This is all just my opinion.

JMO

There has to be some way to take people off and add people on in a multi person lease situation when people need to move out for legit reasons before the lease is up. jmo
Indeed there is; all the landlord has to do is prep a form to change it…
sometimes landlords skip the formality however. In a college town, one would think they follow process.

exactly...you never know what could be in the background at any given time. Makes me think about that guy who was saved from a murder charge by the slight chance that a tv broadcast of the game he attended at the time of the murder just so happen to show the crowd, in the section he was in..
That is true.

It was a scene from Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiam," and it did in fact show that the alleged suspect was indeed at a baseball game with his daughter, as he'd said, at a time that completely exonerated him.

I do agree that this is one reason it is vital for LE to examine every possible piece of video, for what it includes and what it excludes, as well.

IMO there are still kids who are reluctant to turn over footage because it shows them in an unflattering or illegal light, but LE has been very clear that these things do not matter for now.

As you pointed out, that is what Mr G SAID the Coroner told him. I don't think that should be given much accuracy at this point. But again it is an example of someone saying they were told something, and pretty soon the underlying statement is taken as fact. This is why hearsay is not allowed in court. A stab with a survival type knife, like a K-bar with a serrated back side, would leave horrific wounds from just a stab. It would rip the flesh as it is withdrawn. But it is still a stab.
And that specific knife is designed to twist, lift, and shank like no other…while stabbing the intended mark. Jmoo

If the photos are from March of her freshman year 2020 then 2019 would have been when she started. (August/September are typically when school starts) which would make her a senior set to graduate in the spring of 2023, right? So her name wouldn't be on the list of graduates yet unless she took way more credits during the school year plus summer courses. Even then since she technically wasn't able to take her final exams this semester, she wouldn't have been on the list of graduates anyway.

She was supposed to walk graduation around mid-December, 2022 - she was finishing a semester early, from what I've read everywhere. They held the graduation on December 11 or thereabouts (maybe the 9th) but her name wasn't in the program.

I realize that she couldn't take her final exams - and that's really sad. I do wonder if she planned to come back to Moscow to take them, her mother says Kaylee told them that she could finish online.

It's possible she did have quite a few units to complete for this plan, but she wasn't coming back in Spring - she had a job in Austin. IMO.

There is no car in my scenario. E&X and perpetrator walked the half block from the frat house home to Kings road coming up in back of the house.

I think they came in the back way, that is why the Ring camera shows K&M arriving home but not E&X. I never said they returned in a car or that the perpetrator drove a car to the residence. He simply walked back to the frat house later.

If the white Hyundia was on Taylor whoever driving it may have seen E&X with the perp going to Kings RD or perp returning to frat house. Maybe this is why LE says whoever is in that car has crucial evidence. They saw the perp crossing Taylor to or from Kings Rd.

if it was someone even loosely associated with the victims, wouldn't someone, somewhere in their sphere report that they know someone who drove or drives that car?

Maybe the person who drives that car is not in their sphere and is simply someone going to or from work. Or a party.

I personally think that LE has the wrong make and model car. Maybe even the wrong color, as an ivory, light yellow or silver car can look white at night under street lights.

This is all just my opinion.

JMO
Wholly concur. There is no car associated with this crime. JMOO.

There is a reason the Coroner said "stab wounds." That is a specific term. It is in contrast to "incised wound." Both are sharp edged weapon injuries, but inflicted differently, with different wounds. We have, to the best of my knowledge, no indication of the size of the wounds. We have Mr. G's use of the word "gouge". That tells us nothing. Additionally, the Coroner is not the medical examiner. The Coroner would have issued the Death Certificate, which would have little detail. The ME would issue the autopsy report. Bottom line is that we have very little information about the actual injuries of the victims. They were stabbed to death, in the upper body area. Speculating is fine, but we should all refrain from turning speculation into "facts."
Wouldn't you say a gash or a slashing was, therefore, just a more specific kind of stab wound?

I'm trying not to invalidate SG's perspective. Sure, it was a stabbing, but what kind of stabbing is what the parent would want to know (and the ME will of course have the precise information that I am myself seekign).

I am not confident enough in what the Coroner has said or done (beyond the death certificate) to regard her every word as fact.

My post is opinion.

Once you sign a lease you’re probably not gonna get your name removed if it’s a year lease
It all depends on the lease. Many landlords will simply have sublet tenant, be it a multiple tenant situation or a single tenant. sign a lease as well becoming a tenant. That way they have the new person on the hook properly if there should be non payment, and also the new tenant has agreed to carry renters insurance for damages or liabilities they might cause etc.

What are Walmart shoes, I don't follow your train of thought?
Shoes bought at Walmart figured prominently in the murder case I was following on WS before this one. The mother kept the receipt for the shoes she bought for her son. Just shows there are no perfect murders and sometimes the simplest mistakes can get LWOP for a killer.

I think such a very simple mistake will catch the killer of these 4 kids also. Hence the reference to dumb criminal mistakes like buying anything at Walmart who has the worlds best surveillance system and records every single purchase and stores it all for years. If you want to get caught for murder, buy something connected to the murder at Walmart.

JMO

IMOO that is not normally an option; unless you are willing to pay a large amount for breaking your lease.
IMO the amount, if any, would depend on the terms of this multi person lease. If one moves out and the other 5 remain and pay the total amount of rent, is a lease broken? If another person moves into the vacant sixth bedroom, and adds their name to the lease does that act remove the name of the 1st one that moved out? Is there a co-signer on this lease and everyone else is listed as resident? IDK.
I admit I have no clue how this kind of lease works but I still would not want my name on a lease for a dwelling where I did not reside.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Post and link from @gliving

Oh wow, I was just going to post about the roommates hearing something. This from EC's mom. It's not much but maybe someone can find another link with more info.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article268898017.html
Two roommates were home at the time of the killings, police have said. The roommates heard something, according to Chapin’s mother, Stacy, though she did not get into details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. Although, I've had students who did something to get themselves confined to base and one student who was required to move back on base after some misconduct just off base. At any rate, the whereabouts of military people are generally more known than the whereabouts of, say, college students.
One would think that there would be a measurable demographic of slightly older students that are military veterans paying for the college education on the GI Bill.

IMO it is near certain that the killer has training and practical familiarity with a knife made for offense.

She was supposed to walk graduation around mid-December, 2022 - she was finishing a semester early, from what I've read everywhere. They held the graduation on December 11 or thereabouts (maybe the 9th) but her name wasn't in the program.

I realize that she couldn't take her final exams - and that's really sad. I do wonder if she planned to come back to Moscow to take them, her mother says Kaylee told them that she could finish online.

It's possible she did have quite a few units to complete for this plan, but she wasn't coming back in Spring - she had a job in Austin. IMO.

It has always seemed so strange to me that K after putting in 3 years of college that she left school and even moved back home right at the most critical and exciting time in her academic college career.

MOO From what I have seem and read she didn't seem THAT distraught over the break up...wasn't the break up even her idea?

Last edited:
Which makes me wonder about starting a 12-month lease in August. $500/month might be decent rent, but $6,000 for the year while only spending three months there strikes me as wasteful. I wonder if she changed the date of her planned graduation.
That’s still a bargain compared to room and board in the residence halls, especially if a graduating student or the roommates can find a new roomie.

I'm sorry, I never ment to impy you didn't understand this. I should have explained that I was basically piggybacking off of your comment.; for those wondering how she was paying for her housing, expenses & a car... which it Only MHO.
edited for clarity.

My apologies back at you. We are on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam