ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, and IMO a lot of the comments are weirdly glamorizing him. He has very little in common with Bundy, we have no reason to think he’s a brilliant criminal mastermind, and he is very average looking, all my opinion of course.
Bundy wasn’t a brilliant criminal mastermind, he got lucky in the era he committed his crimes. No one should be glamorizing these killers, Bundy or this alleged killer. I’m certainly not here for that.
JMO

<modsnip - not allowed> l - that reddit post about his survey makes me think he's obsessed with criminal thoughts and emotions. Not the kind of guy who would appeal to a woman his own age.

But many, many graduate students lead lonely lives, on hardly any money. I still think he was likely buying bud in Pullman and ingratiating himself with younger students at both WSU and U of I. Perhaps using the libraries at U of I.

Can't wait to hear how they found him. I wonder if he still had his knife. I bet he still had the Elantra. No dumping it into a lake (and I am still betting it might not be registered under his name).
The Fox News report I posted the link to mentions they towed a white Elantra from the residence where he was arrested In Pennsylvania.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes - I use reddit for certain research purposes for my beginner lab in forensics (mostly just collecting simple data already provided by redditors).

But it's so creepy that this man was researching crime and emotion via survey results.

<modsnip - no link>
I hope you’re right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think he left a fingerprint? He worked in a school. I know I was fingerprinted in order to just volunteer.

Grad students are almost never fingerprinted IME. Was he working at a school? I think he was a grad student (some get paid to be assistants, that's for sure).

But multiple sources are saying LE dug through his parents' trash to get a DNA sample!!!

That means he screwed up pretty well at the crime scene and left clearly definable DNA - a prayer answered, for me. I am so relieved that they were able to match him to DNA at the crime scene. Wow.

He’s probably telling himself that he will somehow beat it due to his research in criminology. I hope he doesn’t have anything up his sleeve…

This gives me Bundy vibes still...from the first mention of this awful homicide to now. Bundy studied Law and thought he could outsmart LE. I cannot shake it no matter how much I try. I bet he studied and admired him.

I agree that his face his sinister (the look in his eyes!)

I think we'll find he was using SM but was also over in Moscow on weekends. Can't wait to know
What's weird about his "study" is the people with meaningful information to share, like the sort that is collected by the FBI behavioral folks, are not on Reddit able to answer casual questions. They're in prison. So it's like he read Mindhunter and decided, yes, I will do this on reddit to LARP as a Real Researcher.
Yes and why on earth was this approved by the (Desale) University’s IRB?

Edited: correcting spelling and adding which University

Given that he was a student of criminology and presumably planned this crime in some detail, he sure made a hell of an error in using his own car to drive to and from the scene…
Stunningly stupid jmo imo. just wow.

wow.. So IMOO he really did think he could out smart the PD, FBI, etc etc etc.....
while using his own car, no less. What a moron jmo imo

my gut says he would be a repeat offender if given the opportunity. MOO
jmo imo My gut wonders if he's left a few bodies - human and/or nonhuman animals - along the way. Missing prostitutes in spokane or Seattle or even in PA would not surprise me. jmo imo

Who knows? Yesterday I spent some time on Google maps and there are sooo many wooded and heavily brushed places around the house and strange little dead end roads in the area, that my thoughts went to "I wonder if he parked the Elantra on one of these dead end roads, committed the murders, then slinked away from the house, through the woods/brush and took off in his car?".

jmo imo I always thought he'd have hidden and slinked, too. I cannot imagine being stupid enough to drive my own car. I am glad he did, but of all the stupid, stupid mistakes to make...

PSI BETA
Also, before anyone gets too excited about Psi Beta - it's a national honor society. it is not a social one, and he was not a 'fraternity guy', but probably wishes he were. Totally different animal, and lots of us with good grades are invited to join these. They matter on resumes when graduating - maybe a little - but not the same at all.

It appears to me that BK was trying to emulate Dexter. Eventually work as a criminologist and twighlight as a murderer. Now i think he was potentially hiding in the house prior to the victims arrival or observing them thru the windows. Perhaps random in regards to picking out his victims, but I believe he was probably stalking them for sometime. Likely knew their general movements and patterns and had this crime well planned in advance.
Reaction formation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member