ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find your post very interesting and reminds me of a story my friend told me years ago. She is a County judge and would have been mid 30s at the time on a girls trip out to Napa Valley with several friends.

They used Uber to go to different wineries and took an UBER on the way home to their rented house, VRBO, not super close to other housing.
Their driver was a young guy, really weird and was saying inappropriate things on the drive home late at night and then put his hand on my friend's thigh, in the passenger seat.

She's very assertive, flipped his hand away and said something to him that he didn't like. So all the women get dropped off at the house late at night and stay up quite a bit longer just chatting and drinking wine in the den area, when all of a sudden they hear someone trying to OPEN THE FRONT DOOR. They can see out the window that the UBER driver had returned an hour later after dropping them off.

A roomful of women started screaming at him through the door and they watched him run back to his car and drive off. A room full of very smart, professional adult women were either screaming or calling their husbands.
It wasn't until after the guy ran off, someone called 911, police came out, they filed a report, etc. Then they also reported it to UBER, but I don't think they ever really followed up on anything. They flew back home the next day and never heard anything else about it.
So just interesting to think that maybe college girls might have called Jack, instead of 911, when they thought something was amiss?
I think this too but wouldn't mm call her boyfriend? Both calling j has me thinking they were possibly forced (mo)

Has anything been reported about the dog? I’ve seen conflicting information, but if the dog was home when the girls got back and was gone when the cops arrived OR if it wasn’t there when the girls got home (but was when they left) I think both of those scenarios could be very informative.
Nothing official has been said about the dog

It has not been corroborated by any credible reporting, independent sources, or LE that “Kaylee had a stalker.” That is admitted hearsay reported to Inside Edition by a famous media personality not affiliated with the case without any confirmation.
And the initial reports of a “stalker” were by Mark Fuhrman who isn’t the premier source for true crime reporting. He also acknowledged that he heard this ‘twice removed’ from someone on campus that they had heard it.

So literally it was some rando student who may not have even known KG and heard it from someone. Thus, it not only should be taken with a grain of salt, but a whole salt mine.

I will agree with all of this as well. I have also been alone with hubby out of town, called him first and he said the same thing " Call 911" So I did. All turned out just fine and the police were responsive and kind.

Women often have been conditioned to doubt ourselves and not create an unnecessary fuss, it is hard to overcome but sometimes our lives depend upon it. MOO
JMO

Good food for thought, @tokyorose

I wonder whether the ages and student status would affect the likelihood of the housemates (and/or neighbors) to call 911. There would have been underage alcohol consumption at the very least and perhaps other minor illegalities. Peers wouldn’t want to be seen as turning in popular students enjoying a typical Saturday night.

Obviously these concerns would pale in accordance with the threat of MURDER but might cause a neighbor or others to hesitate to call authorities for something they might have reported in a different environment.

I think the victims themselves didn’t call because the attacks were quick, vicious and lethal and they simply didn’t have the opportunity.

JMO

LE have not commented on this. But according to the analysis by this threat assessment psychologist/analyst who was interviewed (not related to this crime investigation), she states that stabbing murders like this are usually committed by only one person. She does say that it is always possible that there was more than one person doing the stabbing, but it usually is the case that only one person is involved in these kinds of stabbing cases.
Having been in LA when the Manson murders occurred, I would keep my mind open as to the number of perps and their motivations.

I'm 8 pages behind right now, because of taking a break due to all the inconsistencies in this case, so perhaps this has been tossed out somewhere in those 8 pages...

I may or may not have been a college girl at one time and can think of another reason I (and/or my BFF) would have called a guy multiple times in a short timeframe (wee hours of the morning mean nothing at this age): a disagreement/argument.

Moo. Dog has been placed else where..family i believe. Killings took place on 2nd and 3rd floor. 1st floor women had locked their doors because sounded like the rest were partying. That is normal having lived in houses with multiple peoples...their business is their business i would never have much to do with others. The knife had a hilt (i think it is called) so hand does not slide onto blade. Kitchen knives do not have that....oo

Correct. I read on here that both the other 2 housemates had gone out and about their business early Sunday morning without realising what had gone on upstairs
@annpats do you know where on this sub that you read that the survivors got up Sunday morning and “had gone out and about their business” ? I am fairly caught up but I must have missed that. Thanks so much

Re: the whole Uber vs Lyft vs personal/private car discussion...

Could it just be a case of semantics? Because Uber and Lyft drivers use their own personal cars. So it could be an Uber AND a private car.

Both statements can be true when referring to a single car.

MOO.

I would be extremely surprised if some random Uber driver was found to be responsible.

But they didn't take an Uber and we don't know who it was that drove them home.
I keep thinking of this case

Yes, but it also says police asked "if any Ka-Bar brand knives had been sold". The brand has been mentioned in practically every new story. In most attacks, you just see that "a knife" was used...or a kitchen knife or a pocket knife or something generic.

In this case, Ka-Bar has been mentioned from the start and the media have been including pictures of it. IMO, there is a reason why the brand has been highlighted so often.View attachment 380983
Here's a picture of an Ontario Knife Co 498 that I own. Very similar to the one pictured in the Fox link.

1668886648306.png

This is from yesterday, but I had not previously seen where Ethan and Xana were before they came home.

"Investigators have determined that Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were seen at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. At approximately 1:45 a.m., Ethan and Xana are believed to have returned to the residence at 1122 King Road."

Surely investigators have questioned people at that Sigma Chi house, to determine whether anything untoward occurred there.
Is that fraternity nearby? Did they walk back to Kings Road?

I know there have been questions of the time gap of X/E from the party and where they went afterwards. Could it be a possibility they just went home?? Maybe they were already there and in bed with K/M got home. Didn't X's dad say he talked to her at midnight?
And didn’t the survivors say they locked door because they didnt want party to disturb them? Perhaps x and e brought home some frat party guests to continue fun and it turned out bad then the girls arrive home and too horrible! Just a thought imo

Reactions: nao
How are they determining 3-4 am? They can't use the phone calls because whomever was killing them could have been the one calling J. They could have already been deceased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: the whole Uber vs Lyft vs personal/private car discussion...

Could it just be a case of semantics? Because Uber and Lyft drivers use their own personal cars. So it could be an Uber AND a private car.

Both statements can be true when referring to a single car.

MOO.
A spokesperson from Uber confirmed no ride was logged for the two females that night.

I'm a criminal profiling junkie from way back. In order to weed out suspects, one must study the behavior at the crime scene in order to narrow down the suspect list. In this case, you have a perpetrator with a premeditated plan who brought along his Rambo-style knife to a crime scene. Could this mean he has a military background or experience as a police or security officer? I bet one thing is certain...he is a gun and knife enthusiast with an obsession for tactical maneuvers and thinks he is the smartest person in the room wherever he goes. Just some thoughts.
I would add loner, militia or survival training, obsessive, controlling and possibly influenced by Cult with hardcore ideas about women.
He planned and prepares for this, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member