ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many are thinking rapid fire calls around the time of death is a big clue, me to.

I will speculate here and if I break a rule, my apologies.

Suppose one or all of the kids owed someone money and had been dodging that person for a while. That person or persons finally catches up with them at the house and makes it known, I want my money now or you're dead.

Kids tell killer. I've got the money, but so and so has it, I will call them now and they will bring it. Killer says, you have 30 minutes to get it here. This sets off the flurry of calls. No answer, killer does what he said he would do if they didn't get the money in x amount of minutes

My take on it is that we need more clarity, there is so much conflicting information in this case that it's hard to know who was where and when. Hopefully LE isn't as confused as we are. o_O
Yeah I agree-- we'd better hope that LE has this detail straight! :)

That is where their rooms were located but I don't think I've read anything that says they were both down in their rooms when responding officers arrived to the house after the 911 call.
Correct. I read on here that both the other 2 housemates had gone out and about their business early Sunday morning without realising what had gone on upstairs.

Many are thinking rapid fire calls around the time of death is a big clue, me to.

I will speculate here and if I break a rule, my apologies.

Suppose one or all of the kids owed someone money and had been dodging that person for a while. That person or persons finally catches up with them at the house and makes it known, I want my money now or you're dead.

Kids tell killer. I've got the money, but so and so has it, I will call them now and they will bring it. Killer says, you have 30 minutes to get it here. This sets off the flurry of calls. No answer, killer does what he said he would do if they didn't get the money in x amount of minutes

Probably far-fetched, BUT, the presence of a nice, new (to them), expensive Range Rover could set one over the edge

A few thoughts - if any facts have been established that render the below points incorrect/no longer valid, please let me know!

(1) if the only reason that the two roommates survived was that their doors were locked, IMO this wasn’t as specifically targeted as it was more of a “mass” killing (albeit potentially targeted on the house), and potentially leans to more of a random individual vs someone close to them. In this scenario I’m thinking someone out of their inner circle with more serial killer leanings.

What bothers me is that there is so much rage with how the murders/crime scene are described, that seeing a locked door and that being the reason someone calmed down and left makes me think 1. At least one of the victims was specifically targeted or 2. It was more of a nefarious character.

(2) the dog. It’s not clear if the dog was at home or with someone else. These dogs BARK. *IF* it was home, a few scenarios come to mind that that I don’t think have been answered:

1. The girls took it out when they got back, and when the killer came in it escaped (referencing separate calls to cops about a loose dog)

2. The dog wasn’t there when they got home because the killer had come in and let it out, anticipating a dog barking and then laid in wait on the top floor/bottom floor. This might explain the calls to J, although IMO I think they were just calling as many of us have done/experienced late at night.

(3) I think the calls are a red herring largely (with the exception of the above scenario).

(4) overall, IMO, I’m on the fence as to whether it was someone who they knew/had been in the house vs someone who fixated on them/one of them and just wanted to kill. We don’t have a ton of facts.

And where did he GO after? Had to have been bloody I would think. What happened to his clothes? Did he have roommates?
In my head, I always imagine he left though the woody area at the back of the house, walked down into another suburban street where he had parked his car earlier, and I then think he drove out of Moscow.

Looking at a map to get a sense of the surroundings.

Did this killer come on foot, maybe had a car parked close by, a bicycle ?
Anyone know what those two rectangular buildings with white roofs are? Businesses, warehouses, apartments?
Is that a strip mall at the top? That would have cameras I expect.

If he/they came in the house through the sliders in the back and left the same way, and through that little wooded area...then from where, and to where to escape.
Was he parked, if by car, in one of those lots...are there any cameras?

Had a case some years ago in my area....a lawyer working on a high profile case was assassinated with a rifle in his driveway in a residential cul de sac. No surveillance whatsoever, no cars entered or left the road in the time frame. He had parked some distance away and climbed up by way of a canyon. It's never been solved.

As for here, seems to me some unknown psycho serial killer would not choose a location like this, but who knows, he could have come across these students in some fashion and and plotted the murders.
A crazed neighbour fed up with the parties? Or a jealous rejected individual out for revenge.

Really hope the authorities have a LOT to work with, that they are keeping quiet.

View attachment 380967

If it's a car, there's 3 ways out driving north, east, south through the neighborhood. Unless that car is tied to the surrounding neighborhood, you'd think there would be some camera footage from a school building (north)or a business located on the main drag (hwy 95). Going south is the longest way out with several turns needed to escape. There's plenty of homes. You'd think there would be at least one surveillance camera along the route. If a car was involved, I don't think it left via the southern route. So it's most likely north or east.

I'm of the opinion that a car WAS NOT used. It's just too risky. You have to hope to not get on camera. You have to worry about blood and other evidence getting into your car. It's a Saturday night on a college campus so it's safe to say cops are out on high alert for drunk drivers so there's more risk of getting pulled over.

walking or riding a bicycle is to me the method in which the killer traveled to this house. You wear dark clothing maybe with a backpack. You have a jacket with the hoodie on with maybe a maske or winter hat. You take the jacket off when you get to the house, commit the crimes and put the jacket back on when you leave in order to cover the blood. Maybe you bring an extra set of pants and shoes to replace the ones that are now covered in blood.

IMHO As with most cases, more questions than answers. This horrific case covers a lot of territory crime wise. As a young college student (many years ago), we felt safe in our surroundings. With room mates and sporadic over night crashers the doors were seldom locked. Keys always lost. Now days keypad locks are popular but not always used. Therefore, an unlocked door or sliding door may not be unusual for entry by a killer or killers. Although it may seem strange, people are often heavy sleepers, especially if out late partying.
1. This is quite possibly a crime of revenge and/or passion. BUT for which one of the four and if NOT for ONE WHY all of the victims?
2. the ME and LE said stabbing and suggest the type of knife. If it is one type of knife and the ME can tell by wounds if the victims were EACH stabbed by the same knife and same left or right handed individual, it is quite possible that the victims were attacked by some one they knew. However, this flies out the window if it was some one like a Ted Bundy who attacked sleeping college students.
3. Maybe LE has more info and with FBI potential profiling (which by asking for FBI indicates a possibility of something at the crime scene worth investigating further) the crime pattern and type of individual may become clearer.
4. Not shared yet and no need to but it is possible that the killer was injured and left blood at the scene. It appears that there may have been a struggle with one or more of the victims. That is a lot of adrenaline and risky to take on four people regardless of awake or sleeping.
5. Sadly, was this timed specifically before the holiday break? What could be more convenient for a killer than being able to take off? Things can be forgotten by potential witnesses. No one around to notice a wound or strange behavior. If acting alone, it may slow the investigation. If more than one killer some one could talk or brag.

My guess is that answering the big WHY might help in finding the WHO.

Terribly sad for the victims with promising lives and their families and friends. It is sad when students don't feel safe.

It is my suspicion that it was J that called 911 when he went over to the house to see what was up because of all the 3:00 am phone calls. He may have been asleep and had his phone silenced. MOO
That’s a good theory I haven’t read yet! I’m also curious if either of the girls texted him aside from calling. I’m sure LE has all of this but are keeping it under wraps. Any texts sent during/after the phone calls would shine a light on why they were trying to reach him (whether they were scared about something, just drunk calling for fun, etc.) I know when I can’t reach someone I’ll usually send a text as well.

In my head, I always imagine he left though the woody area at the back of the house, walked down into another suburban street where he had parked his car earlier, and I then think he drove out of Moscow.
This is when my mind goes to the surviving roommates. It just seems like such a messy and monumental task to pull this off and go on your merry way. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber