ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he'd posted on here about this case.
Possible. I even have someone in mind and of course I hope I’m wrong.

ETA: I may well be nuts, but there is something a poster said yesterday here that for an inexplicable reason made me gasp. I thought “no, it can’t be” and then I remembered the book The Gift of Fear and trusting your instincts.

But my honest to goodness hope is that I’m just drowning in this story and have lost my mind.

Last edited:

When Kohberger was arrested, he “asked if anyone else was arrested,”

What does that mean? It's scary to think there might be someone else involved.
He's either trying to gauge what the police know...throw off the investigators...or there is someone else.

He's also a grad student at Washington State-Pullman, about a 15-20 minute drive from Moscow.

A suspect in the deaths of 4 University of Idaho students is arrested in Pennsylvania.

If he did it,-it looks like he committed the murders and then went straight back home to PA for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I wonder if he returned to Wash State for finals?
Graduate students completing original research projects tend not to have finals or exams to complete at this stage of the degree. It is very self paced work and you report deliverables to your supervisor. I'm a graduate student in Canada so these things may not apply. I am finishing with my research study (I also did interviews looking at motivations but in a completely unrelated field of study!)

Last edited:
Another TA goes off the deep end. Wow JMO

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I can hear those ' talking head' commentators now ringing in my ears

Peter Massey on the Joel Wildman show said ' the two universities are so close they're like sisters' ( and you'd need to check out everybody linked to either) ( Peter Massey ex LE, now professor at university of south Florida)

and another was talking about what LE would need to do to eliminate university staff

Another TA goes off the deep end. Wow JMO

That's one reason I was picturing someone of grad student age - because several other university related crimes have had to do with long term grad student status. This guy got his master's from DeSales, a Catholic university with a physical campus in PA, and many online courses.

He leaves his job at the school in Spring 2021 (in PA).

Probably arrives Pullman Fall 2021 - and one year later, commits mass murder. Flees back to PA.

Was he in fact a Bundy fan? There are eerie similarities, for sure. This guy (IMO) knew that his mind was disordered and he was obsessed with planning and thinking about crime. He turned that obsession into an attempt at a career (in criminology!)

He's like very smart, very analytic, methodical and (of course) insane. I hope I can use that word. I am not diagnosing him with anything, but I need some word to stick in there that denotes "out of his ever-lovin' mind" which is too long to type.

Like I’ve said over and over, there wasn’t one at the point his name was released this morning, at least searchable under his actual name. If he has one, it’s some other screename.

I believe that the victims had public Instagrams, so he’d have been able to watch them, without being an official ‘follower.’

MOO

I think those Insta counts are fake. There are several fake accounts, with more springing up in just the past hour.

Most Insta people have a corresponding FB, which is one thing to check. There's a way to check the age of the account, but I don't know how to do it.
In one of those insta's it says "criminal lawyer" and tells people to go fill out his reddit. Looks fake to me! MOO

He's either trying to gauge what the police know...throw off the investigators...or there is someone els
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I can hear those ' talking head' commentators now ringing in my ears

Peter Massey on the Joel Wildman show said ' the two universities are so close they're like sisters' ( and you'd need to check out everybody linked to either) ( Peter Massey ex LE, now professor at university of south Florida)

and another was talking about what LE would need to do to eliminate university staff
He's either trying to gauge what the police know...throw off the investigators...or there is someone else.
I hope this is definitely the guy

When Kohberger was arrested, he “asked if anyone else was arrested,”

What does that mean? It's scary to think there might be someone else involved.
I think he’s playing mind games… he’s going to think he can outsmart LE …MOO

Just to add to my other post, the original press statement from LE said “Investigators believe the occupant(s) of this vehicle may have critical information to share regarding this case.”

So they’ve acknowledged it’s possible there was someone else in the car.. JS. Just something to think about.
IMO they phrased it that way only because they didn't want to say it was a POI's car. I think they knew all along.

Interesting question. Why would he target those four? Did they commit some perceived “sin” - in his disturbed mind?
It was not my question. I was responding to the poster who said something about him being similar to Dexter. I disagree but was curious to the posters thoughts.

*I understand what you're saying now after re-reading. I don't think he is similar to Dexter.

Just an opinion, but I think this was an experiment as in "I can get away with it. I'm smarter than LE, FBI." If he left clues, it was unintentional.

What did he not think about?
The vehicle.
He apparently didn't think that he lived in Pullman just 15 m away would implicate him.
He apparently forgot cameras too.
I thought the camera mistake was stupid, but the car mistake makes the camera mistake look like nothing. The car mistake is just stunningly, stupefyingly stupid. Pullman to Moscow makes perfect sense to me. I suspected that or one other college town in WA. I also suspected that he worked for a university b/c of the weekend of the crime, esp if it was eventually linked to others (end of college sessions). All of this is JMO IMO IMI and spitballing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout