ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for folks familiar with academic research in the social sciences. I see that BK began his study (on Reddit) after he graduated with his MA from Desales and before moving to Washington State for his PhD. With three months between programs, does that seem like a reasonable timeframe to begin a new research project with his alma mater?

From what I found Dec 7th is when they started looking for it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they really had no footage of this car. They had him in their sights and knew he drove one so were fishing for tips or trying to spook him.

My mistake. The banner on CNN spelled the arrested man's name incorrectly, but now it's being spelled Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, from Albrightsville, PA, who is currently a >>>>graduate teaching assistant studying criminology and criminal justice<<<< at Washington State University in Pullman, WA. WSU is just a 15 minute drive from Moscow. As of Friday afternoon, there is no known connection by Kohberger to the four victims. MPD holding press conference at 1 PM PST. Moscow murders: What we know about the arrestee in connection to the crimes

I wonder if LE was asking for tips from the public for "tips to provide context" was because there was another innocent individual who might have been seen in the car with him that night. That could have been the basis for his question of "Was any one else arrested" I wonder if anyone rode back across country with him. MOO MOO MOO

Balancing the risk of keeping a car half the country is looking for vs. his family not believing him if he simply told them it was stolen, broken down, damaged, etc.???

It doesn't make sense to me... I guess we'll eventually learn what sort of psychopathic reasoning he had behind keeping it.

Eh, if there was already record of him owning or driving it, then doesn't really matter whether he dumped it.

I love that we get our first bit of hard news in this story and the thread can’t stop posting fully speculative theories about leaving clues on purpose and his relation to the girls.

We will know more very soon. No need to make stuff up, y’all.

And before someone goes out of their way to say he must be a genius because he was a PHD student, anyone who spends anytime in graduate education knows just how dumb book smart people can be. I have a Masters and I’m an idiot.

There were the names of two professors as "principal investigators" (in charge of) his survey. I see certain issues with the survey but frankly, it's a really typical survey topic for a master's level person in criminology at a university without a big research program (where it would likely have been a larger grant process).

I seriously doubt he got his master's degree by forging professor's names on his projects, but I suppose it's possible.
The questions were chilling, but maybe that's only because of what we know he (allegedly) did?

I'm not sure this is going to help the university's criminology program. (I work in University administration, so I'm also always thinking of situations from that angle. There are some serious meetings going on right now at Desale. And at WSU, of course.)

The intertwining of this crime and his field in studying criminal behavior——
did he have these tendencies toward murder and sought to find out everything he could in order to perfect his crime when he had the opportunity? Or did working in this field unhinge something in his mind where he felt he needed to experience it?

Chicken or egg?

But it wouldn’t be necessary to kill FOUR people to experience it. And if it’s true he followed the girls online, and he went to school near them and was a student of UofI in the past, then I think he selected these people purposefully.

When he asked if anyone else was arrested, does that mean someone else is involved, or was this his last psychological trick to play?
IMO that is possible or he could have been set up by second party.

Here is the video of his graduation ceremony from DeSales University in May 2022. His name is read out loud and he walks across the stage starting about 58 minutes in. He received a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice.

They should revoke that degree...clearly he didn't study as well as he thought he had.

A neighbor told Fox News Digital that investigators had already arrived by 7:30 a.m. There were at least two unmarked law enforcement vehicles at the scene as police from Washington State University, Moscow, Idaho, and other agencies were executing the warrant.

Bill Thompson, the Latah County prosecutor, was also seen outside the apartment alongside investigators, gearing up with protective booties before heading into the crime scene.

My curiosity… I wonder if he could have been KGs stalker that I one could prove. Just my opinion, but if a female has the feeling she’s being stalked then she’s probably being stalked ..even if out of view to others.

I love that we get our first bit of hard news in this story and the thread can’t stop posting fully speculative theories about leaving clues on purpose and his relation to the girls.

We will know more very soon. No need to make stuff up, y’all.

And before someone goes out of their way to say he must be a genius because he was a PHD student, anyone who spends anytime in graduate education knows just how dumb book smart people can be. I have a Masters and I’m an idiot.
But he followed Maddie and liked all her pictures! /s

I'm sure he had no idea they were coming for him that night. And he had no idea they'd gone through his parents' trash (and even if only parental DNA was in the trash - that's enough, but I bet they got his actual DNA).

This means he did cut himself at the scene, or slip up in some other way DNA-wise.

Apparently, he had the pleasure of being awakened to a SWAT team in his room.
Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members