ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the camera mistake was stupid, but the car mistake makes the camera mistake look like nothing. The car mistake is just stunningly, stupefyingly stupid. Pullman to Moscow makes perfect sense to me. I suspected that or one other college town in WA. I also suspected that he worked for a university b/c of the weekend of the crime, esp if it was eventually linked to others (end of college sessions). All of this is JMO IMO IMI and spitballing.
The car blows me away. I’m not pursuing a PhD in criminology and I know better. Makes me wonder if it was spur of the moment.

Is he going to represent himself at trial a la Ted Bundy? I don't know if we can handle another one after the Wisconsin Parade fiasco.
Oh, please, oh please, let this happen! I want to hear him ask himself why he was dumb enough to use his own car and get caught on camera. Dumbest criminal move ever. He had zero reason to do that and an easy way in and out with no cameras. What an idiot.

What other guesses did we make before the arrest? What did we get right and wrong?
Washington, Pullman, WSU/college employee, online fantasy, visited Moscow frequently - easy access, not a friend/not in social circle, he knew them from peripheral and sm interaction. Did not live in Moscow, was not in fraternity (the psi beta is an honor society, not the same at all), did not have family in Moscow; potentially LE fanboy.

Things I missed: smarter than average (hello white Elantra for blowing that out of the water for me); looks to be taller than average (I suspected shorter)

Things we don't know about yet: animal cruelty/hunting for practice; other connections to other homicides; upper body strength; what he wore in.

Biggest surprise for me: stupid.

That's my thought. Completely consumed and literally insane with investigating murders.

Probably did this to have his own research experiment going on. Sick!

There is NO DOUBT in my mind he was lurking here and on other venues like
That's my thought. Completely consumed and literally insane with investigating murders.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind he was lurking here and on other venues like R

There is NO DOUBT in my mind he was lurking here and on other venues like R
Possible. I even have someone in mind and of course I hope I’m wrong.
Yes, I’m sure he was on here, and on other sites, his ego and superego wrestling over revealing himself or not, for the resulting sick ‘reward’ of being identified as the perpetrator of this horrendous crime. He has a look of defiant arrogance on his face imo, in his mugshot. Having worked at a prestigious university, I’ve seen that look before on the faces of hyper book-smart people, who are emotionally challenged/awkward socially - but highly learned - there is an intellectual detachment from emotions in higher academia as one sees oneself as superior to others. Obviously this doesn’t often lead to murder.

Here is the video of his graduation ceremony from DeSales University in May 2022. His name is read out loud and he walks across the stage starting about 58 minutes in. He received a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice.

does he have a slight wobble when he walks? if so, that may help with any footprint analysis jmo imo

what the???? I really didn't think this case was going to be solved. So how in the world was this guy involved with any of his victims?

Saw them on the Twitch videos at the food truck?
Saw them at the local bar and then followed them on social media?
Saw them at the restaurant where two of the victims worked and then followed them on social media?

I hope we will know soon.

I thought the camera mistake was stupid, but the car mistake makes the camera mistake look like nothing. The car mistake is just stunningly, stupefyingly stupid. Pullman to Moscow makes perfect sense to me. I suspected that or one other college town in WA. I also suspected that he worked for a university b/c of the weekend of the crime, esp if it was eventually linked to others (end of college sessions). All of this is JMO IMO IMI and spitballing.

We were both in the ballpark! He worked for a university, he was an older student and, well, I doubt he was very serious about his studies. He was serious about crime - but not as an academic interest.

And he would have known the rhythms and goings-on at both universities very well. I still think we'll find that he's been seen in Moscow, ID before Nov 12-13.

If he had not been apprehended, it is also my opinion that he would have found a new college town to operate in.

I'm sure he had no idea they were coming for him that night. And he had no idea they'd gone through his parents' trash (and even if only parental DNA was in the trash - that's enough, but I bet they got his actual DNA).

This means he did cut himself at the scene, or slip up in some other way DNA-wise.

Apparently, he had the pleasure of being awakened to a SWAT team in his room.
One slip up was he used his own vehicle, the one LE was looking for and found at his residence.
Another was he followed K and M on Instagram, according to reports here.

There would not likely be final exams for doctoral students. There would likely be term papers due, research projects, etc. Once doctoral seminars were no longer being held for the semester, a PhD student could do the work from anywhere.

Yes, but he would have other business to attend to, and he's also a graduate student assistant, so he would likely have to help administer final exams.

He looks like an average guy.
I guess I meant more like -being an “odd egg” to where someone in the family “wouldn’t put it past him to be that person.” I think of the school shootings where later people come forward to say they had “feelings” something was off. I guess my thought was that alone may make someone call in, add in the car, even more so. However, the car also disappears it seems really odd. Just thoughts.

The car blows me away. I’m not pursuing a PhD in criminology and I know better. Makes me wonder if it was spur of the moment.

I doubt it, but even so, he'd have to be more than momentarily stupid to do that. The thing I cannot get over is that he could have done this from pullman with no trace. how very, very, very stupid.

Does anyone know what time the presser is? Fingers crossed I haven’t already missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper