ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doubtful about the fingerprint, but more than sure he left DNA mixed with DNA of at least of one of the victims.

What escapes me is the rage he committed the crime with. If he was motivated to kill because of his research, why the rage? Rage is a very personal reaction as well as the choice of knife as a murder weapon, so he must have known, albeit perhaps not as close friend, at least one of the victims, especially if we take in account the LE hint of targeted crime.

We may have to prepare ourselves for more shocking revelations in this case.

My bet is that he left DNA *not* mixed with the victims'.

I am sure there are going to be more revelations in this case. We don't know if it was rage or compulsion or any other kind of emotion (or a mix). If he falls into a category that's known to researchers of crime that I'm thinking of, he might have been a stone cold killer. Dr Donald Lunde's book "Murder and Madness" uses several examples of that mindset.

To me, rage attacks often involve dozens or at least more than a dozen wounds, in a frenzied manner. I don't think this was that type of crime. Hate is more likely.

I am doubtful about the fingerprint, but more than sure he left DNA mixed with DNA of at least of one of the victims.

What escapes me is the rage he committed the crime with. If he was motivated to kill because of his research, why the rage? Rage is a very personal reaction as well as the choice of knife as a murder weapon, so he must have known, albeit perhaps not as close friend, at least one of the victims, especially if we take in account the LE hint of targeted crime.

Yes, people are going to draw conclusions based off what he studied in school and the Reddit post and whatnot. And they may prove to have relevance or insight into his character at some point, who knows. But it's also possible this guy was spending time in Idaho, ran into the victims that night, didn't like something that was said or did, and decided that night he was going to commit murder. We simply don't know the level of premeditation that went into this crime and there are a ton of questions. At first glance when the news first broke, it "felt" like a "serial killer esque" crime. But then why leave leave some of them alive?

Nothing about the motive would honestly surprise me. Tons of questions right now, few answers as of yet.

Very eager to learn how he decided to target this residence and victims. Did he do trial runs and know they kept the back door unlocked? This always seemed very well planned and specifically focused on his targets based on the tight timeline, and his criminology background sure does explain part of that.

The research may have been motivated by the rage.

JMO

Elantra currently being processed for evidence right now according to MPD LEO just interviewed

next, Coffindoffer confuses Buinno and all the listeners by saying that this LEO has mistakenly referenced a 2015 Elantra!
LEO didn't say that, the interviewer speaking to the Leo made that mistake

IMO, can you just imagine the terror in the victims waking up to that face with a knife in a darkened house in the middle of the night

Maybe so the defense has an opportunity to perform their own tests. It's one thing if it has already been cleaned and released but if not, they likely want to preserve the status quo to avoid any defense objections later.
Question: if it was by court order, someone would have to request that order wouldn't they? A court wouldn't just arbitrarily issue an order halting a crime scene cleanup on it own, right? Could it have come from the Idaho AG's office in anticipation of an extradition fight by BK and the IAG needed to view the crime scene in person as part of the extradition request from the governor's office?

I'm seeing reporting that felony burglary charges have been filed along with murder charges. Does this imply something was removed from the scene, or would entering with intent to commit a crime be sufficient for this charge?

Felony murder and burglary
Entering the home to commit a crime... enough for burglary charge. Sweet Justice being served.

I wonder if maybe somebody in PA who knew BK well (maybe even somebody who knew him very well) contacted Moscow PD with a tip? Somebody who knew BK was more than a bit off, knew that he was in grad school in Pullman, WA, knew that he drove a white Elantra, and knew that he’d returned home not long after the murders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28