ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to look for missing and murdered folks in the area who might attract less attention: unhoused folks, sex workers, MMIW, "runaways," people experiencing disordered substance use. In ID/WA and PA. Because yeah, you literally cannot choose more high-profile victims than these. And four at once? "Practice" crimes seem logically likely.
Precisely. And by "the area" I would take a look at PA, because he was only in the NW for a few months.

IMO
  1. From early pics he was chubby. (Undoubtedly, he was teased and bullied ) To his credit, before his HS senior year he lost a LOT of weight. (But he kept a lifetime of insecurities.)
  2. He took boxing classes and then became a bully .
  3. A college classmate said he was socially awkward. His aunt said he has OCD.
  4. IMO, at some point, I think he attended one of the parties at the “party house” and was embarrassed/rebuffed in front of others.
  5. He is proactive. He was overweight and lost the weight. He was bullied so he became a bully. Residents of the party house made him want to die so he killed them back.

He can't be vegan 'anything' if he has murdered. One of the main tenets of veganism is not harming or killing any sentient being. It's a lifestyle not a diet. The only caveat is self protection when defending one's life.
I have a customer that I know is vegan. At Thanksgiving I asked them if they were going to spend time with family. She stated that they will stay home because they love the animals too much. So I agree it is a lifestyle. Also it makes me wonder if this was why the dog was left unscathed.

I think the DNA is probably big and the Feds probably helped with that, plus the Feds apparently followed and staked out the suspect in PA. I think the Feds helped a lot. I think the local unit was small and needed support.
I'm sure Moscow LE do not have a lot of experience in investigating a mass murder. No fault of theirs.

I laud them for immediately bringing in ISP and the FBI. Their speed in bringing other LE agencies probably was critical to solving this crime.

Cheers to the Moscow PD!

JMO

IS BK's SURVEY considered RESEARCH???
<modsnip - quoted post was removed for random Twitter source>

Not caught up on all today's posts, and not having read thru BK's entire reddit questionnaire, I may be jumping the gun w this post on a matter already discussed. Hope not.

Can someone in the world of academia pls tell me whether a student (in undergrad or masters program at DeSales, amirite?) could be given COURSE CREDIT for "research" like this --- anonymous survey on social media like reddit?

IIUC (not saying I do) all participants could have been people:
--- who have never received so much as a parking ticket?
--- who have lots of spare time to practice fiction writing on SM surveys?
--- ________?
Any data (like criminal conviction) verified from these anonymous participants?

Having last been at uni when dinosaurs roamed the earth, just curious. Thx in Adv.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a customer that I know is vegan. At Thanksgiving I asked them if they were going to spend time with family. She stated that they will stay home because they love the animals too much. So I agree it is a lifestyle. Also it makes me wonder if this was why the dog was left unscathed.
Exactly!

So it was definitely the Elantra which led the authorities to this killer.

"Authorities narrowed their focus to Kohberger after tracing his ownership of a white Hyundai Elantra seen in the area of the killings, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation. Kohberger’s DNA has also been matched to genetic material recovered at the off-campus house where the students were stabbed to death, according to the sources."

"tracing ownership"...did they have a license plate #, maybe a partial one from surveillance video?
JMO but he very likely had to register his Elantra with WSU to get a parking permit for campus, so I'm guessing he was on the FBI/Moscow PD list fairly quickly just from a records search of UI and nearby school parking databases. Takes time to narrow that and other lists down to leads worth pursuing, locate him + match DNA.

For how messy this investigation was early on with multiple people leaking and walking back information, this really ended up being solved quickly and professionally.

I'm sure Moscow LE do not have a lot of experience in investigating a mass murder. No fault of theirs.

I laud them for immediately bringing in ISP and the FBI. Their speed in bringing other LE agencies probably was critical to solving this crime.

Cheers to the Moscow PD!

JMO
Agree 100%.

Cheers to the Moscow PD!

JMO
I hope that prosecutor has mega help!

We don't know how many times he visited the Moscow area.

However, according to the Latah County Records Site,
he was arrested there
before August 22, 2022,
less than 3 months before murders.

*The August 22, 2022 docket shows that Kohberger failed to appear on August 22, 2022

State of Idaho Plaintiff, vs Bryan Kohberger Defendant.

Latah County Magistrate Court

Judicial Officer
Clerk, Magistrate Court

File Date

08/22/2022

Case Type
Infraction

Case Status
Failure to Appear (FTA) - Infraction Default
My apologies for replying to myself.

I forgot to add the case number for the above post:
CR29-22-1911

@rsd1200 Not caught up on all today's posts, and not having read thru BK's entire reddit questionnaire, I may be jumping the gun w this post on a matter already discussed. Hope not.

Can someone in the world of academia pls tell me whether a student (in undergrad or masters program at DeSales, amirite?) could be given COURSE CREDIT for "research" like this --- anonymous survey on social media like reddit?

--- ________?

Having last been at uni when dinosaurs roamed the earth, just curious. Thx in Adv.
It's actually very common for graduate students working on a dissertation or other formal research project to use social media as a source for surveys. It's not the highest form of research - the gold standard would be a randomized controlled trial. But what it looks like he was doing was qualitative research, not quantitative. Source: I have a master's degree.

@rsd1200 Not caught up on all today's posts, and not having read thru BK's entire reddit questionnaire, I may be jumping the gun w this post on a matter already discussed. Hope not.

--- ________?

Someone must have approved it. I am in Canada, not the same here…I don’t think it would be approved because there is no proof of convictions etc etc. If I were doing that kind of research, I would reach out to Correctional Services.

--- ________?

I'm extremely skeptical that such a "research methodology" would be considered rigorous enough to yield reliable & usable data.

Maybe he went rogue? How was he going to vet that the answers received were from the population (criminals) he was supposedly researching?

Weird & possibly unethical.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members