ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm extremely skeptical that such a "research methodology" would be considered rigorous enough to yield reliable & usable data.

Maybe he went rogue? How was he going to vet that the answers received were from the population (criminals) he was supposedly researching?

Weird & possibly unethical.
JMO
IDK. I used to work with a lot of MS interns and they always had these odd sounding surveys. I don't necessarily think they use it as a super advanced research method, I think it's more a training tool to help students start parsing through this sort of self-reported data...

CNN is now reporting DNA was a familial match done from a database. Also that surveillance went from ID to PA, across the country. This where I'm hearing it: CNNgo – Watch CNN TV live if possible start with AC 360º
So does that mean a family member's DNA is in a database of some sort? I'm trying to understand familial, genealogical, etc. Regardless it has to be registered in a database. Is that correct??

We don't know how many times he visited the Moscow area.

However, according to the Latah County Records Site,
he was arrested there
before August 22, 2022,
less than 3 months before murders.

*The August 22, 2022 docket shows that Kohberger failed to appear on August 22, 2022

State of Idaho Plaintiff, vs Bryan Kohberger Defendant.

Latah County Magistrate Court

Judicial Officer
Clerk, Magistrate Court

File Date

08/22/2022

Case Type
Infraction

Case Status
Failure to Appear (FTA) - Infraction Default
Seatbelt violation

Default Infraction: $10. Paid.

Considering his (leave me alone) leanings, I'm not surprised about this.

IS BK's SURVEY considered RESEARCH???

Can someone in the world of academia pls tell me whether a student (in undergrad or masters program at DeSales, amirite?) could be given COURSE CREDIT for "research" like this --- anonymous survey on social media like reddit?

Having last been at uni when dinosaurs roamed the earth, just curious. Thx in Adv.
I was struggling with this as well. The answer is no. This type of survey is acceptable for a freshman composition or intro course (and commonly found for these types of classes on uni subReddits), but unacceptable for graduate research. I can't confirm obviously, but with the timing of the survey (published around or after graduation, and certainly after final rounds of a thesis or portfolio), I just get the feeling it was personal research with an academic veneer.

Orthorexia nervosa presenting as prodrome of schizophrenia​

We believe that the change in eating habits marks a break in the perception of self and the personality of the person which often characterizes the development of schizophrenia (Nelson et al., 2009).

PubMed article attached.

My opinion.

Attachments

MSM is reporting this was a seatbelt violation, not an arrest. Not sure how that gets turned into a failure to appear, maybe he missed a court date or didn't pay?
Moscow and Pullman are adjoining towns a few minutes apart so I imagine he was occasionally there incidentally (i.e. Xana's Jack in the Box was from Pullman)
I believe he paid. It was $10. Maybe, he just didn't want to bother with showing up?

No reason to laugh, it’s a plausible theory. I think I remember reading they were eating Ramen that night. Doesn’t Ramen come with slices of pork as a condiment? Food for thought.
'I believe the uber driver said it was mac and cheese - a specialty of the house at Grub Truck.

It was not a ramen place, IMO.
So he does have a Masters Degree in Criminal Justice & he asked some telling {premeditation aforethought} questions in his research project, IMO:

"Kohberger completed his graduate studies in criminal justice this year at DeSales University, in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, where students told The Daily Beast he took classes with Prof. Ramsland, whose courses included “Psychology of Death Investigations.” Ramsland declined to comment when reached by The Daily Beast Friday.

A former classmate at DeSales, who asked not to be named, said they got into a disagreement with Kohberger during an introductory biology class group project. While they didn’t remember the conversation, they recalled Kohberger as “very intelligent” and “well spoken” but “seemingly detached.”

“He was very leveled and somewhat imposing. There wasn’t much emotion displayed by him,” the classmate said, adding that he remembers Kohberger’s “intense stare.”

“He took care with how he spoke,” the person said.

In a since-removed post on Reddit from seven months ago, Kohberger asked ex-cons to participate in a DeSales research project that sought to “understand how emotions and psychological traits influence decision-making when committing a crime.”

The research project, which has since been taken offline, asked participants questions like how they approached their victim or target, how they prepared for the crime, how they traveled to and entered the location of the crime, and “Did you struggle with or fight the victim?”

In a statement to The Daily Beast, DeSales confirmed Kohberger received a bachelor’s degree in 2020 and completed his graduate studies in June 2022. “As a Catholic, Salesian community, we are devastated by this senseless tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims' families during this difficult time,” a spokesperson said.

Northampton Community College in Albrightsville confirmed to The Daily Beast that Kohberger graduated in 2018 as a psychology major. He was also employed as a part-time school security officer by the Pleasant Valley School District for several years until last year."

‘Detached’ Suspect in Idaho Murders Studied Under Famed Criminologist

So he was a security guard at a school? I am awaiting more information - as there are articles say he was and some saying he wasn't.

At any rate, I seriously doubt he chose victims according to their dietary preference (to address some recent posts).

All of this new information really confirms why LE said "the house" was targeted. The victimology here is not specific to any one person.

How so? I personally didn't glean a thing from all that body cam footage that seems to lead to BK in the slightest...

I am not the person you're responding to, but the body cam footage is the only thing that brought this case to the attention of most people I know - including students.

The fact that this guy was able to graduate with a criminal justice degree yet make all these mistakes is an indictment on our education system.

Looks like his criminal justice knowledge was a joke.
In your opinion.

I suppose you still occasionally visit doctors. And you home school your kids (our educational system provides teachers, doctors, nurses, therapists, physical therapists, accountants, engineers of all kinds, etc). And it does so in a way that is world class, IMO.

There are crazy people everywhere. This is an example of a severely disturbed individual with an obsession with crime (I'm going to read Crime and Punishment again - because I don't think this guy is the same as Raskolnikov - but has similarities).

I live in North Carolina and know the states are adjacent but I didn’t realize the colleges are so close to each other. I did go the county level of the geography bee in the 5th grade though which I credit to a broken chalk board roll up map and adhd. So states yes, colleges? Doubt it.

Someone must have approved it. I am in Canada, not the same here…I don’t think it would be approved because there is no proof of convictions etc etc. If I were doing that kind of research, I would reach out to Correctional Services.
This is what I was wondering. Would this research be considered valid and/or reliable? It appeared as though any person could complete the survey.

Edited to remove a duplicate of a previous post I made.

Arresting him on the same day LE ordered cleaning that likely would destroy any evidence useful to the defense would look shady.
I have noticed in other crimes, LE often creates a diversion when an important arrest occurs or when a body is exhumed. I suspect the 'cleaning service' sent to 1122 Kings Rd was a diversion so they could process the arrest in PA without the Press there.

Just My Humble Observation.

MSM is reporting this was a seatbelt violation, not an arrest. Not sure how that gets turned into a failure to appear, maybe he missed a court date or didn't pay?
Moscow and Pullman are adjoining towns a few minutes apart so I imagine he was occasionally there incidentally (i.e. Xana's Jack in the Box was from Pullman)

Wonder if he followed them back from Jack in the Box?

I have a customer that I know is vegan. At Thanksgiving I asked them if they were going to spend time with family. She stated that they will stay home because they love the animals too much. So I agree it is a lifestyle. Also it makes me wonder if this was why the dog was left unscathed.
I am wondering if he could have been vegan to try to corral any urges he may have had toward dead body parts. It seems that in other ways, he may have been studying things to try and give his urges an outlet, or do some good with them. Just my therapist brain at work - no sources or anything.

Ps - if it hadn't been said yet, not eating food from cookware that have been used to prepare animal products is very normal for many, if not the majority, of vegans. I have had a few vegan friends do the same.

Bryan was arrested at Albrightsville, ,PA. Guess what town is 20 miles to the north.............Moscow, Pennsylvania..repeat..Moscow, Pennsylvania, on route 435. I wonder if that played into his murder mystery?

Interesting connection..............

I have to wonder if this is why he stabbed them? His mother wrote to a local paper last May...

Maryann decried abortion, school shooters and the death penalty in her letters.

"I pray we consider the children, before the gun," reads the headline of one of her pieces.

"I do not personally support abortion, and by all means do not support the death penalty," she wrote in another letter.

"State-sanctified murder is still just that — murder," she added in the letter published on April 7, 2008.

Maryann works as a paraprofessional, teaching students under the supervision of certified teachers.

I find it possible he was influenced by family, his thinking is definitely very twisted. IMO

Last edited:
So does that mean a family member's DNA is in a database of some sort? I'm trying to understand familial, genealogical, etc. Regardless it has to be registered in a database. Is that correct??
Yes, it would mean a relative, even a fairly distant one, has uploaded their dna to a geneology database. For the practiced genealogical researchers, if they get a match to a relative, it doesn't normally take them very long to create a family tree, and then to narrow it down even further from that family tree.

There are some really great informative docus on this method, try some youtube videos, I think you'll be shocked how it often only takes a good genealogist a few days to narrow it down to a few possible suspects once there is a genealogical match. It's fascinating.

Last edited:
Wonder if one of his siblings did an Ancestry/23andMe and uploaded to GED match? Seems like it would have to be a close family member to narrow it down so fast.

I think they saw the white elantra on video and did a registration check at ISU and WSU and then came out with the request for the owner to step forward. Those affiliated with the schools were crossed off and those remaining were investigated for a familial DNA match. Probably a very small pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills