ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hoping that he just waives extradition....
It's a tossup in cases like this. He's entitled to legal advice right now and I am fairly certain a public defender is telling him regardless if you waive extradition, LE will force the issue in court and they'll win. So you can be a pain in the you know where and fight it for a few days and then lose and be extradited anyway or just do it and stand trial.

What information? I've seen zero evidence to suggest another person was involved. I feel confident there was only one perpetrator (and I am generally very reluctant to speculate).

You didn't see the report that he asked LE (when he was arrested) "Did you arrest anyone else?"

That is, so far, his only public utterance. Why would he ask that? I figure he might have been afraid that his parents would be arrested, is my null hypothesis right now. And maybe they did. And maybe they will be charged. We don't know. But BK is the one who put the idea in everybody's heads.

The other people involved do NOT have to have helped commit the murder. Maybe someone drove the Elantra that night. Maybe his parents knew he was the killer and harbored him. We do not know.

I am definitely speculating, but I think his question was intriguing (my guess is still that he worries that he has compromised his parents or other family members). Weird thing to ask, don't you think?

I'm glad the families will have closure. They will never be the same, and nothing can make this better, but at least they will know they can lay their loved ones to rest and see justice in this lifetime.

Just listened to the PC. Did no one ask the question “are you confident that he acted alone?”

I was really hoping someone would ask this question. But, to me, it seemed like the question and answer time was cut short.

I’m on the other side of the world and woke up to the arrest in my local news top stories!! Such fantastic news!

Not sure if this has been covered further here as the thread is going SO fast now, but the one thing I found intriguing in the press conference (well 2 actually) was…

The reporter asking if it’s true BK queried if anyone else had been arrested.

And…

LE saying they were confident the community was safe but for everyone to remain vigilant as always.

Paraphrasing both. I know the 2nd statement was likely him not wanting to commit to such a strong statement at this time and then risk something else happening, but paired together with the reporters question, the constant call out from LE for occupant or occupantS of the white Hyundai, I find it intriguing.

MOO of course, but I had been leaning towards possibly 2 killers so this is always in the back of my mind, though in saying that, my gut is now telling me he acted alone as I think they would’ve done a double synchronised arrest if there were multiple perps.

Curious about what, if any, crimes BK has committed in the past ?
Peeping tom/stalker ?
B&E ... and took trophy items from people's homes ?
Any worse crimes that he committed, but wasn't caught doing ?

Last edited:
Bravo to Chief Fry, Moscow PD, Idaho State Police, FBI, and all in between.

The fact this arrest happened roughly 1 1/2 months after the crime is rather astonishing. They handled the entire case professionally and proficiently, even though we always yearn for more!

If it happened, maybe if BK asked if anyone else was arrested he was wondering if his parents and/or anyone else living at the house he was arrested in were arrested too?

Might wonder how much his family knew? Did he decide not to go back to school after Thanksgiving?
IMO, I wonder how the victims families feel?

What information? I've seen zero evidence to suggest another person was involved. I feel confident there was only one perpetrator (and I am generally very reluctant to speculate).
The suspect asking if anyone else was arrested(assuming this to be true) would require LE to make sure there is no evidence they have that shows there could be any others involved. They will be looking into a lot more at this point to be absolutely sure (no extra driver, no one involved) JMO.

Last edited:
You didn't see the report that he asked LE (when he was arrested) "Did you arrest anyone else?"

That is, so far, his only public utterance. Why would he ask that? I figure he might have been afraid that his parents would be arrested, is my null hypothesis right now. And maybe they did. And maybe they will be charged. We don't know. But BK is the one who put the idea in everybody's heads.

The other people involved do NOT have to have helped commit the murder. Maybe someone drove the Elantra that night. Maybe his parents knew he was the killer and harbored him. We do not know.

I am definitely speculating, but I think his question was intriguing (my guess is still that he worries that he has compromised his parents or other family members). Weird thing to ask, don't you think?
YES to this! Thank you @10ofRods

As I’ve just said above, I do think he acted alone, at least in the actual murders, however you have to admit it’s intriguing and probably the only part of the entire press conference that made me sit up and listen.

IMO that is really apropo

IMO, DNA and HANDprint match maybe
I am doubtful about the fingerprint, but more than sure he left DNA mixed with DNA of at least of one of the victims.

What escapes me is the rage he committed the crime with. If he was motivated to kill because of his research, why the rage? Rage is a very personal reaction as well as the choice of knife as a murder weapon, so he must have known, albeit perhaps not as close friend, at least one of the victims, especially if we take in account the LE hint of targeted crime.

We may have to prepare ourselves for more shocking revelations in this case.

At the press conference, I would have asked if he was alone in the house where he was arrested, and if he lived alone while attending the University. Also, is he the registered owner of the car in custody?
All good questions but likely couldn't be answered right now - seems as though they can't say anything about him at all until he is served in Idaho. I think all of their very limited statements came via what was previously said by the PA police

Does anyone know the details ie time etc for the celebration of life tonight for Kaylee and Maddie?

MOO and speculation - but I have to wonder if the only motive here was to commit murder. Essentially a 'thrill kill'. Kohberger wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone and became obsessed with murder to the point he actually went through with it. It actually wouldn't surprise me if there was no personal relationship between him and any of the victims.
Agree. Maybe reading too much into the fact that he was getting his Ph.D in Criminal Justice and Criminology. I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a doctorate program in this "area of study"!

"Kohberger is listed as a Ph.D student at Washington State University in Pullman, Wash., in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, according to the college's website. The university is eight miles away from the 1122 King Road residence in Moscow, Idaho where the four students were killed."

And the University he attends is 8 miles from their house, so he was living "in the area", but whether he knew any of them personally would be a "tell" on the possible stalking/planning of these heinous crimes.

Suspect Arrested in Killings of Four University of Idaho Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members