ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the 911 caller was staying over in one of the rooms on the first floor with one of the roommate survivors? Finally got up at noon, went for some food in the kitchen, saw the body and then ran back downstairs to the bedroom and used their cell phone.

Maybe there are clues in your statement. From the opposite direction nobody would enter a home like that, right?

IMO the perp entered the home not thinking about all those people and a dog, perp entered home, very motivated, focused on 1 or 2 females.

I still do not believe this is a complete stranger to everyone. Does anyone know any details about the supposed stalker one of the girls had? Was the stalker around her age?

I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities that this was someone who lived very close?

Reactions: d4j
This is the route I had guessed as well. I assumed E+X were in Bedroom #3 for three reasons. 1) Because that would place all victims in the back of the house meaning they could have been seen/counted/monitored from the small woodsy area in the back and 2) It would make the most "effiecient" route for the killer to take and 3) IMO it makes the story of the roommates not hearing anything much more plausible. However, that is a complete guess on my part. The other floorplan I found elsewhere places them in Bedroom #4 which is also where the picture of supposed blood dripping down the exterior is. I personally don't think it's blood but again that's entirely MOO. They very well could have been in Bedroom #4 for all I know.
I think the stained foundation is below the kitchen wall. Photos into the kitchen area during the evidence collection showed minimal evidence. Therefore IMO the foundation drizzle is something other than blood.

Perhaps the 911 caller was staying over in one of the rooms on the first floor with one of the roommate survivors? Finally got up at noon, went for some food in the kitchen, saw the body and then ran back downstairs to the bedroom and used their cell phone.
That's what I was thinking. They did say that the two surviving roommates had gone out separately that night, home by one o'clock. Perhaps they were out on dates or with close friends and one or more people stayed over? It was a Saturday night in a college town. Could explain someone else making the 911 call from inside the home with the roommate's phone but not the roommate making the call. They could have just grabbed the first phone they could find. Could also explain the sleeping in and why they didn't hear much of anything or didn't pay close attention if the girls downstairs had company that night and perhaps were socializing and listening to music, etc., until late. JMO.

Ok, I find this interesting. They're looking for video between 3 and 6 am on the morning of the murders. The 3 makes sense, as they'd be able to determine the last phone activity from the survivors. The 6 is interesting though, especially considering the bodies weren't discovered until almost 6 hours later.

So what closes the gap? What happened at 6 that told them the murders had already occurred by then?

An autopsy determining time of death doesn't necessarily tell you when the suspect left the scene.

Something else is telling them that...

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... here are 2 articles discussing the “amicable break“ between Kaylee and Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I find this interesting. They're looking for video between 3 and 6 am on the morning of the murders. The 3 makes sense, as they'd be able to determine the last phone activity from the survivors. The 6 is interesting though, especially considering the bodies weren't discovered until almost 6 hours later.

So what closes the gap? What happened at 6 that told them the murders had already occurred by then?

An autopsy determining time of death doesn't necessarily tell you when the suspect left the scene.

Daybreak? Or they already have video from one vantage point and want others or direction of travel? (eg neighbor Ring or even video from victim home (Ring or common area?)

MOO

Probably looking for movement of suspect and/or suspect vehicle.

Do we know if the roommates were there when 911 was called? I've seen reports that they were and reports that they left and went about their day.
Oh no, no one is going to go about their day aftre that. They may have left before the bodies were discovered. They may have left to get away from the scene. But not, "oh my room mates were just slaughtered. I'm going to brunch then the library"

I had a roommate die in a motorcycle accident when I was in college. It's very disruptive.

Are officials able to determine based on discovery of the bodies around noon, that based on body temperatures or something like that, maybe they would have been deceased more or less 6 hours?

There might not be an overwhelming amount of video from 3-6am. 3am-12pm...everyone would have video to show. That would seem almost unmanageable. A general assumption might be that the perp was gone from the area by daylight as well.

My understanding is that they placed the time of death at 2-5 am. I get the 6 am but the start should be 2 am. It would be likely that the killer was already there when the last people went to sleep, and if K was the one who made the phone calls (I, personally am not convinced of that yet), that would be nearly 3. You'd want video from before that, too, should someone have been skulking around on the way to the house.

There might not be an overwhelming amount of video from 3-6am. 3am-12pm...everyone would have video to show. That would seem almost unmanageable. A general assumption might be that the perp was gone from the area by daylight as well.
This is my thought too, sunrise likely around 6 am, right? People starting their days, heading onto the highways, etc.3-6 is going to show a much smaller population and stand out.

I think it means they have a suspect and want to know where he ditched the weapon or other items.

I think the stained foundation is below the kitchen wall. Photos into the kitchen area during the evidence collection showed minimal evidence. Therefore IMO the foundation drizzle is something other than blood.
I agree, I'm not sold on it being blood. But I am surprised no reporters (that I know of) have asked about it, and that LE hasn't confirmed or denied what it is. You would think if it wasn't blood, they would clear that up right away to avoid further sensational headlines and unnecessary speculation. I don't see any reason why disclosing it isn't blood would hurt the investigation. But the way they've been siphoning information out... I don't know. I'm on the fence.

My understanding is that they placed the time of death at 2-5 am. I get the 6 am but the start should be 2 am. It would be likely that the killer was already there when the last people went to sleep, and if K was the one who made the phone calls (I, personally am not convinced of that yet), that would be nearly 3. You'd want video from before that, too, should someone have been skulking around on the way to the house.
I thought they placed it between 3-4?

This is the route I had guessed as well. I assumed E+X were in Bedroom #3 for three reasons. 1) Because that would place all victims in the back of the house meaning they could have been seen/counted/monitored from the small woodsy area in the back and 2) It would make the most "effiecient" route for the killer to take and 3) IMO it makes the story of the roommates not hearing anything much more plausible. However, that is a complete guess on my part. The other floorplan I found elsewhere places them in Bedroom #4 which is also where the picture of supposed blood dripping down the exterior is. I personally don't think it's blood but again that's entirely MOO. They very well could have been in Bedroom #4 for all I know.
I've added the location of the dripping blood reported by DailyMail. If the second and third floor roommates returned home around 1:45-2:00 AM, then their bedroom lights would have gone out shortly afterward - perhaps as late as 3 AM. After the lights were out, that could be when the attack occurred - when someone believed that they were asleep.

1668923444947.png

Well… they adjusted the killing hour window from what, 2-5? So checking video around or until 6 makes sense. It gave him time to clean up or change and get out while it was still dark and not many or no runners were out. IMO

• Moscow police believe victims Kaylee Goncalvez, 21, Madison Mogen, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20, were stabbed to death at their home
  • A local reporter said state forensics investigators were taking photos of the tire tracks
  • Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case
  • Local sleuths on Facebook are connecting the killings to the story of a man who found his neighbors' dog skinned alive
  • A police expert has also suggested the four victims may have been too shocked to scream while being killed
  • Two housemates survived, with questions raised as to why they didn't call 911 earlier
  • Police say neither of those two women is being considered as a suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member