ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. This is where the photographer was standing to take the photo that was published as: blood dripping through the wall.
Yes which is why some people think that room is X's while I think it's the "vacant bedroom" in the floorplan you posted. Also, zillow does not have a picture facing that part of the room but I imagine that wall had a full closet like the other rooms. This isn't to say they couldn't have been killed in the closet or anything like that but it just makes more sense to me that they'd be in the "vacant bedroom". All MOO of course

Good question, but why? Why would they want to kill 4?

K, M and the 2 surviving roommates all look quite similar to me. If it was targeted, the killer would have needed to have had enough confidence and familiarity of the house/girls to walk around in the dark to target the right blonde girl… especially considering K was only there for the weekend…but then I wonder why X and E ended up as collateral damage?

I am also curious about the gap in X and Es evening and whether police know where they were and if this has been deliberately excluded, meaning perhaps one of them was the intended victim?

I know statistically it is likely to be someone they knew, but my brain is struggling to comprehend how the killer knew the right bedrooms in to go into given E and K weren’t supposed to be there that weekend?

Brain dump sorry.

Some people have asked why LE cannot give clearer information. Sometimes its because they are holding back information only the killer could know. It's to prevent false confessions, catch the criminals knowing something they could not possibly know if they had not committed the crime and for consideration of the families.

A friend of mine was murdered 42 years ago and only last year did we finally get all the details after DNA identification of the killer. (17 years after he had died). It was very surreal to finally understand what all the cryptic comments meant.

The FBI Critical response team

yes! They do behavioral analysis as well! The criteria for FBI to become involved would be interesting as well.
The most likely reason the FBI are involved is because Moscow is on the border of Washington state.

Speculation for the purpose of explanation: There is a possibility the killer does not live in Idaho or the murder weapon was disposed of/carried across state lines and would require federal agents who have jurisdiction in both states. The students are also not all permanent residents of Idaho, requiring information from the families in other states. And yes, CIRG is deployed during repetitive violent attacks. These 4 are known, but they may be looking at other open homicide cases in surrounding states for similarities.

After thinking about this, I think LE has an idea who’s responsible for this. They are waiting for evidence and testing to be completed in order to make an arrest. IMO if this was a random killing they would be continuing to tell the public what to look for as far as behavior and to be on the lookout for the weapon.

Either way, we can’t discuss J as a potential suspect, which is what the OP did. J doesn’t need to be “cleared.” If someone has not been named a suspect the rules do not allow us to imply or state that they might be.
Exactly why I requested a link verifying her statement

Hey folks,

Nobody has been officially named a POI or suspect, and that includes the ex-bf J. Websleuths TOS does not allow members to make insinuations, indirect or direct accusations against anyone who is not classed as a POI by LE, or unless WS Admin makes an exception (which has not happened).

Also, please stop the petty snark, virtue signalling, or personalizing toward other members. If you have an issue, use the Report feature (found at the bottom of every single post) to let Mods know and they will review the matter. Also, WS is a true crime sleuthing forum, so please forego the lecturing, chastising or tsk-tsking toward other members as to how they think or post. If you don't like the flow of the discussion, scroll and roll, or there are hundreds of other threads you can participate in.

Some people have asked why LE cannot give clearer information. Sometimes its because they are holding back information only the killer could know. It's to prevent false confessions, catch the criminals knowing something they could not possibly know if they had not committed the crime and for consideration of the families.

Your list is a good reminder to all of us when we wonder why LE hasn’t provided the answers we so desperately want. I’ve found that being able to tolerate a certain amount of ambiguity and gaps in LE’s information feed keeps me from being tooooooo frustrated. :)

JMO

It was from this article but it's not clear what door they locked. It may have simply been the front door. “Their story was, they heard partying, they heard noise, but they just, as usual, said, there's partying going on and they locked the door.”

I don't believe for a second that Furman has 1st, 2nd, or 100th-hand knowledge as to what the unharmed roommates' "story" was that night.

IMO there was not partying at 2 am when the 2 girls got home. It seems more likely there were 2 roommates locked sleeping in their rooms downstairs, and E and X sleeping in her room on the 2nd floor. This was the end of the night, not the beginning. IMO

(KPO, no criticism to you, I know you are just sharing the info!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaGitana