ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was interesting that in the PC it was said that E & X and M & H all arrived home at the same time of 1:45ish - that could support the idea that E & X picked them up from the food truck?
E&X were at a party quite close to their house. They would have just walked home. And LE has confirmed that K&M took an Uber.
That's my understanding.

IMO this is definitely targeted. I don’t know if it was Kaylee or Madi but it’s definitely something personal. With that being said it could be somebody who has watched the girl or girls for awhile maybe even stalked one of the girls. Such a disturbing case. I have no real opinion on this but my gut is telling me it’s somebody that has watched this group for awhile and was very angry they could not be a part of this group. They just didn’t fit in. It’s gonna be some oddball. I don’t think it’s going to be someone close to the girls. Just someone who wanted to be.

We know the call was made from a roommates phone. LE seemed clear they didn’t want to say it was NOT the roommate. We also know the call came in that someone was unconscious.

I think maybe there is a simpler explanation behind the call and report. Roommate goes upstairs after friends come over, as LE reported, they would have known they were still home from cars in the driveway. Sees horrific crime scene and faints, passes out. 911 caller reports someone has just fainted but something is terribly wrong and to send police.

No. They said the call was made "from the phone of one of the surviving roommates". Please listen to the press conference. Especially starting at 4:45. It's very clear.
I listened to it and I missed it and I see it in writing in the clarification by LE and I have been corrected about 8X now, so I am sorry as I have said several times.

Based on the amount of blood and the number of people who lived there and the possibility that the home had a lot of traffic (friends visiting, etc.), I suspect that it's going to take a good bit of time to examine the evidence and make an arrest. It could take days to test all of the DNA. All we can hope for now is that they have an idea of who did it and are keeping that person or persons under heavy surveillance while they process all of the evidence.

Hello WS. First time posting. I found the site through a search and I've several pages of this thread and this seems like a tactful group, which is important when discussing such a shocking and horrible crime. I'd like to see if I can add to the discussion and learn a bit.

Couple of my early thoughts, going from the assumption that there was a single murderer:
1. This was not an easy crime to commit and to be able to leave the scene completely undetected, which is what seems to have occurred.
a. The scene had to be approached unnoticed.
b. Entry had to be undetected.
c. The killer had to move to the victims, possibly having to locate them, possibly in the dark, and enter their rooms, silently.
d. Each victim had to be killed fairlly quickly and silently, with a knife, in whatever sleeping position they were in. The killer had to do this four times.
e. After the last murder, the murder had to exit silently, especially if he/she knew there were still people alive.
f. Then the kiler had to leave the vicinity unnoticed.
2. It seems unlikely, to me, that anyone in these undergrads' circle of friends would be capable of carrying out this crime. I don't think this is a whodunit among the student body, nor do I think this was a crime of passion.
3. I don't think, at this point, that there is any meaningful connection between these four students and their killer. This may have been targeted, with the victims, or location, having been selected some time prior.
4. It would not surprise me if this is not the first time this killer has killed a person, with a knife. This was a brazen crime, seemingly carried out with confidence.

from the transcript of the PC kindly posted by Allabouttrial above, #711

Chief: ....I can't say if the person's here. I can't say what community the person's in. We're utilising every resource we can to make that location of that individual....

later
Reporter - Do you still believe this attack was done by one perpetrator? And if so, how does one individual kill four people at night and not wake up the other two roommates?

Chief - Our investigation will continue to look at all avenues of that investigation. I cannot disclose any of that information. I don't even know that information at this point in time and that's why we're continuing to investigate.

From the above responses, one being fairly direct and the other a little wishy washy, I think they are deducing that the killer was one individual. Whether they are sure I don't know.
But I'm hoping that the evidence they have does point to one perp, and possibly that they have the one perp in their sights...or close to it.

eta again....post # stated above keeps changing, I guess due to deleted posts. now #707

Last edited:
E&X were at a party quite close to their house. They would have just walked home. And LE has confirmed that K&M took an Uber.
That's my understanding.

LE clarified that K&M took a private party but not an uber (open to interpretation of a few options imo) - but here's the transcript from tonight and I listened as well:

"Here's what we've determined so far: On the evening of November 12th., Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen were at a local bar and were later at a food truck in downtown Moscow. They arrived home at approximately 1:45 AM on the morning of November 13th. Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were at the Sigma Chi house before also arriving home at approximately 1:45 AM. Two surviving roommates were also out in the community and they returned home at approximately 1:00 AM and did not wake up until later that morning."

Correct! Just my take. I’m assuming if the roommates arrived after LE was already on the scene they’d be instructed to step back (remain at the street, in their cars). If additional friends were already on scene when LE arrived it would be something quite different. MOO
One or more ppl could have spent the night or just some hours with the surv. Roommate(s) before the discovery. AND OR a completely different friend or friends could have seen part or all of a body through the glass doors when they innocently arrived to visit one or more of the 4 killed ppl. Chief didn't say how many friends were there when the call was made. Just to add some more, one of the friends may have called other friends, who made it there before the EMTs or police, but after the 911.

That's my understanding.
There's some missing information. E&X were supposedly at the frat party around 9 pm and didn't return home until 1:45 am.

We know the call was made from a roommates phone. LE seemed clear they didn’t want to say it was NOT the roommate. We also know the call came in that someone was unconscious.

I think maybe there is a simpler explanation behind the call and report. Roommate goes upstairs after friends come over, as LE reported, they would have known they were still home from cars in the driveway. Sees horrific crime scene and faints, passes out. 911 caller reports someone has just fainted but something is terribly wrong and to send police.
I believe this as well. It’s the only thing that makes sense when they refer to the call about someone being unconscious.

There's some missing information. E&X were supposedly at the frat party around 9 pm and didn't return home until 1:45 am.

Right, until LE contradicted themselves in the press conference tonight:

Is it more likely he just mis-spoke tonight?

"Here's what we've determined so far: On the evening of November 12th., Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen were at a local bar and were later at a food truck in downtown Moscow. They arrived home at approximately 1:45 AM on the morning of November 13th. Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were at the Sigma Chi house before also arriving home at approximately 1:45 AM. Two surviving roommates were also out in the community and they returned home at approximately 1:00 AM and did not wake up until later that morning."

I think they need to look at people that lived near the girls. Spending way too much time on who placed the 911 call. They need to look at the homes nearby and make sure those kids are all checked out before they go home and leave for break. My biggest worry is the perp already left the college for Thanksgiving break with the mass exodus early on after the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper