ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So “unconscious” wasn’t just how 911 dispatch coded the call, interesting. Also, if it was a victim on the second floor the call was made in regards to, that would mean Ethan or Xana right? Who were according to Ethan’s parents found in a room together. This makes even less sense overall now.
The other roommates may not have known that Ethan was staying over. If they pounded on the door and tried to wake Xana, they might have assumed she was alone and passed out. Perhaps at some point they tried calling Ethan, heard his phone ringing from inside the room, then got really worried.

Moo..i believe screaming is uncommon. If you getting a beat down or being stabbed in the heat of the moment there is not time or energy to scream. If you see someone at a distance coming at you...then you might scream...moo
If they were intoxicated and were asleep that could have dulled their senses or limited their ability to fight back.

The reason/s for murder aren't always (if ever) logical but IF all four victims were targeted... what in the world could the four of them have done to incite such anger??
Been attempting to analyze the mind of this person. Anything from just wanting to kill to anger. Wonder if the person was just passing through, was a permanent resident, or a student. Wonder what LE thinks. Try online sources. Psychology Today, has some answers - too many to explain.

Last edited:
"The autopsies...determined that it was likely all 4 victims were asleep during the attack." Starting at 5:38:
Thank you. There was another statement somewhere I recall that stated all of the victims were in their beds. I guess that could simply be referring to the fact that the attacks started while they were asleep in their beds, but I took it as their bodies had been located in their beds. Just want to remember where the comment they were in their beds came from to re-evaluate the meaning.

So “unconscious” wasn’t just how 911 dispatch coded the call, interesting. Also, if it was a victim on the second floor the call was made in regards to, that would mean Ethan or Xana right? Who were according to Ethan’s parents found in a room together. This makes even less sense overall now.
The other roommates may not have known that Ethan was staying over. If they pounded on the door and tried to wake Xana, they might have assumed she was alone and passed out. Perhaps at some point they tried calling Ethan, heard his phone ringing from inside the room, then got really worried.

Thanks for your observations, L. laricina. This makes me think the killer might be someone who has done this before, not to this extent - quadruple murder - but similar. I just don't see someone inexperienced being able to do this in 13 minutes' time and leave undetected and without committing serious mistakes in terms of leaving traces, etc. This case is so puzzling to me. I am not surprised it is taking a bit to get resolved.
It's a frightening thought, but it seems to me that the killer is someone who knew how to get away with this. DNA eveidence will hopefully shed some light and hopefully the killer did make some mistakes. However, if he's never been arrested his DNA is not likely in a database. And that house is probably full of unidentifiable DNA through all the students hanging out.

They could have very well been observed for some time and “targeted” for what they represented - popular and achievers- a reality not happening for the killer. The rage comes from that and the planning was not insignificant
I think the killer could be someone who felt inadequate an/or was rejected by one of the girls romantically.

I think the killer came in after everyone was asleep and had the time, even given the darkness and unfamiliarity with the layout, to carry this out. The killer also had the poise and confidence to take the time. Even if some of the victims woke up swinging, the fatal wound was probably already inflicted, and they were probably largely silent and in shock.

See, I'[m thinking that the killer was already there as an invited or known guest/friend/acquaintance, and had the time and wherewithal to drop something in all of their drinks or snacks. I know it's speculative, but I can't count how many times in college my roomies and I would have "Just one more!" I don't think they would have been eating after the stop at the food truck, but a last drink at home with everyone wouldn't have been unusual. If he/she didn't wait long enough, that could explain the two with the defensive wounds. They weren't as deeply asleep or incapacitated as he or she hoped. IMO of course.

IMO I’m thinking one survivor roommate came upstairs and saw the horror and ran out screaming rousing the other surviving roommate to come outside not to mention a bunch of other people who live nearby heard the commotion and came out too. Then the phone got passed around.
I hadn’t heard about neighbors coming out to see what the commotion was about.

Remember how Jodi Arias had sliced her hand with the wet blood covered knife?

No doubt this killer was sloppy and left a ton of forensic evidence behind.
Again, I know they make lots of knives, but the ubiquitous Ka-Bar has a wide pommel guard to prevent injury to the person wielding the knife. The pommel guard might also leave marks on a victim which could be measured. I wonder if this is how they indentified the type of knife, initially. I do think they have walked that ID back a bit, though.

I must admit I got the opposite. I don’t think they have a clue frankly
I agree, they appear clueless & unsure of the answers to some questions, like he doesn’t know how many ‘friends’ were there when 911 was called? Why not, did people scatter, this is information that he absolutely should already know?

Thank you. There was another statement somewhere I recall that stated all of the victims were in their beds. I guess that could simply be referring to the fact that the attacks started while they were asleep in their beds, but I took it as their bodies had been located in their beds. Just want to remember where the comment they were in their beds came from to re-evaluate the meaning.
It was my recollection that some were found in their beds. This was refuted by the coroner who said they were "likely asleep" and answered a question of "were they found in beds" with "yes".

It's a frightening thought, but it seems to me that the killer is someone who knew how to get away with this. DNA eveidence will hopefully shed some light and hopefully the killer did make some mistakes. However, if he's never been arrested his DNA is not likely in a database. And that house is probably full of unidentifiable DNA through all the students hanging out.
If it's a party house then there is a lot of DNA on the scene, unfortunately. We also don't know how prepared the killer was. He could have been wearing gloves, etc.

I'm really beginning to think that all the victims were locked inside their rooms, with possibly no signs of anything outside their rooms.
Roommates get up, don't see anything amiss, go on about their business. At some point, they wonder "how long can she sleep?"
Knocks on the door, gets no response, knocks louder, still no response. Gets concerned, calls friends, they knock, still no response.
Call 911, report unresponsive person.
The rest is history...
This makes the most sense to me at this point. Especially if the dog was locked inside, barking.

Assuming they follow their roommates location as most young female roommates and friends do, they’d know they were home but not waking up. Not answering phone. Not answering door. Cue the alarm.

Most people would have called 911.
That’s not strictly true. It is not uncommon—in fact I would argue that it’s very, very common—for people in a panic &/or confronted with crisis to seek out support & assistance from neighbors, family or those closest in proximity to them at that time.

I’m this case, the neighbors just happen to be other college friends & classmates. A LOT of them. Stacked right on top of one another in every direction. I think that probably changed things & word spread much faster than it otherwise would have. Combined with how close together everyone was, there could have been 20 kids there before the 911 call was over.

Do we actually know what happened with the dog in this case? Has anything been reported about the victim's dog found/not found? Did the victim have the dog with her at the time of the attack? Or was the dog somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member