ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ethan and Xana were locked in their room. The surviving roommates indicated they were in bed before the other roommates came home. Maybe not knowing Ethan was staying over that night. I believe they were knocking on Xana's locked door and were concerned when she wasn't answering. Friends called over couldn't get a response, then police called.
I think that’s a possibility.

However, when I put myself in their shoes, if one of my roommates wasn’t answering their door to the point it concerned me, I would probably go and check with my other roommates, (in their case, on the 3rd floor) at which point they would have probably discovered what happened to them.

When I was in college, something creepy happened, we woke up, and there was a guy passed out on our sofa. He was sort of familiar, we found out he was drunk, walked "home", went into our house, where he lived his freshman year.

And, if they had parties at the house, who knows how many people have been in that house?! Add workers, others...
We had people in and out all the time. A killer on the hunt might have cased that campus and town for months, hanging at the bar, making friends, going to parties.

Jeeze. I have raised two cops. I can not imagine what the holdup is with this slaughter. It simply boggles the mind.
Is this the most sophisticated killer in the world or the most inept investigation team in the world.
Hmmm.
Hoping mistakes aren't being made.
I'd hate to see this grow cold and/or the killer escape justice.

I can't shake the irony of Kaylee arriving back into town the very day this terrible tragedy happened. Did most everyone in her social circle, including residents of the home, know she'd be at the off campus location visiting the King Rd address?

Does anyone feel the killer waited until the tenants were sleeping then, more or less, silently entered their rooms? Did the killer aim for the heart on each victim?

In revenge killings, the killer often may want the victim to know they're about to die and by whose hands that death will occur.

While I am not a knife expert, I do recognize Rambo's Ka Bar style knife when I see it. If it's true the edged knife also had a serrated edge or section then it's so very awful bc, if so, those serrations can instantly, possibly fatally, damage tissue and organs when being pulled/ripped out of the body. It causes the terrifying scene as the coroner described.
Where was Kaylee at before Nov. 12? Just out of town or living elsewhere? I've been trying to find that info all day. Had she already moved out? Help!

Imo, You are thinking literally being conscious. I do think anyone would protect themselves as a basic cerebral reflex against pain. I would think that there may have been moments of awareness before death. IMO.
Curl into fetal position is probably the most basic reflex under that kind of duress, but Idk--it's never happened to me.

I think Ethan and Xana were locked in their room. The surviving roommates indicated they were in bed before the other roommates came home. Maybe not knowing Ethan was staying over that night. I believe they were knocking on Xana's locked door and were concerned when she wasn't answering. Friends called over couldn't get a response, then police called.
I've thought alot about this in the last hour. I have to admit it does plausible.

However, my question then is, why just someone on the second floor not responding? It stands to reason, wouldn't they knock on the 3rd floor door also?

Why just the second floor?

Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location, about the second floor.

So, all this is transpired, yet no one is thinking those upstairs are unconscious too?

These girls were very visible online between personal social media accounts as well as their sororities. I had several stalkers as a result of the same overexposure when I was their age. It seems as though one or more of these young women could have been stalked online and then in person. It’s being reported that there was a stalker. It could have been someone on the peripheral of their social circle— an outcast, a lower tiered member of the Greek community, a disgruntled professor… But with their online reach, they could have unknowingly drawn attention from a bad person from any number of walks of life.

IMO.

Maybe this just could be a “game of telephone” where words get mixed up as they get passed along, or maybe it was “scanner talk” as other have said regarding the “unconscious” / “passed out” person.

But given the description of the crime scene being particularly bad, how would they think someone had simply “passed out” and wasn’t getting up.
The only way I can make sense of that is if the 2 surviving roomies never actually went to the 2 and 3rd floors. They probably had heard everyone come home so they knew they were in their rooms and then either texted or called their phones with no answer so the assumption was that they weren’t waking up?

Attachments

• 0A85CD78-4479-428D-A543-C574EE64405C.jpeg
    0A85CD78-4479-428D-A543-C574EE64405C.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 72
IMO.

Given the color / placement, and the way it seems to originate from the crack between cement / paneling, I don’t think it’s paint.

It saddens me to even think of it, but LE has described the scene as “the worst they’ve ever seen”. It’s very possible it was blood.
I wonder if the murder weapon was stashed there to cause the streaks of what appears to be blood. I imagine the knife would be drenched with blood. JMO, though

From my understanding, the victims had all been asleep during the attack (several sources, including today's PC), but by the end, not all were killed in bed (see source below). I know some will suggest maybe E was sleeping on the couch or something, but I personally don't think that's what's being said here. I think whoever was killed first in the second floor bedroom, the other tried to flee and was killed on the floor of the bedroom or hall just outside the bedroom. If a downstairs roommate came up the stairs and stepped into the living room, that hall towards the bedroom would be right there in view. JMO.

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details.
She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate
Bingo!!!

BAM!!

From my understanding, the victims had all been asleep during the attack (several sources, including today's PC), but by the end, not all were killed in bed (see source below). I know some will suggest maybe E was sleeping on the couch or something, but I personally don't think that's what's being said here. I think whoever was killed first in the second floor bedroom, the other tried to flee and was killed on the floor of the bedroom or hall just outside the bedroom. If a downstairs roommate came up the stairs and stepped into the living room, that hall towards the bedroom would be right there in view. JMO.

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate
Re. the bolded :
So, the coroner did retract this ?

The first time I'd heard that they were killed in their beds came from her, though ?
Unless she was repeating what reporters had told her, so there's that.

I'm curious if any struggle was heard, or screams ?
M00.

An unknown
From my understanding, the victims had all been asleep during the attack (several sources, including today's PC), but by the end, not all were killed in bed (see source below). I know some will suggest maybe E was sleeping on the couch or something, but I personally don't think that's what's being said here. I think whoever was killed first in the second floor bedroom, the other tried to flee and was killed on the floor of the bedroom or hall just outside the bedroom. If a downstairs roommate came up the stairs and stepped into the living room, that hall towards the bedroom would be right there in view. They would likely only see one body at that point. JMO.

Thank you!

I do not recall seeing ther were in bed. Can you provide source?

The only way I can make sense of that is if the 2 surviving roomies never actually went to the 2 and 3rd floors. They probably had heard everyone come home so they knew they were in their rooms and then either texted or called their phones with no answer so the assumption was that they weren’t waking up?
Multiple people talked to the 911 dispatcher. IMO, they saw something. I highly doubt the perp killed X&E and locked the door behind him.

Moo..the house has many window, basically a fish bowl. With pics of the police the curtains were not closed, but the police may have opened them. My logic says someone was watching and waiting to see people retire to their rooms. Also there must of been some outside light filtering in to kill that efficiently and because same body areas on each was stabbed. So logically the person must of been hanging around.. so maybe shoe prints or flattened grass at viewing area? or do any houses or apartments have good views of interior of house.? Moo

Multiple people talked to the 911 dispatcher. IMO, they saw something. I highly doubt the perp killed X&E and locked the door behind him.
I was referring more so to the roomie initially just believing someone was unconscious and calling a friend to come over. I think it’s possible that girl never went to the rooms

But, I actually do think it’s possible the killer closed the doors to the rooms, I don’t know how likely but it’s possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste