ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an awkward replay and he looked at the officers behind him - as if you say “ what do I say” IMO
I felt a few of Chief James Fry's answers were a bit clunky in all honesty but it could simply be that he is not used to this kind of press attention, pressure etc. He looks like a man who has barely slept in a week tbh.

Unless I missed it, I didn't think he said that was a complete list. That means those people could have been cleared, but there may be others cleared who he didn't name in that moment, either because he forgot to name them (my guess) or he didn't realize all the speculation since the calls were not connected.

MOO.
I don’t think he forgot anyone they cleared. If he didn’t say their name they weren’t cleared!

He wasn’t speaking about the student body in who was cleared. He was speaking of those cleared in the inner circle!

True but then if it were me I would want to behave the exact same way I did every sunday morning. Maybe. Can't say.
Of course they would normally sleep in. Sunday after Saturday night partying in college. My point is if they were carrying out the crime of the century in Idaho, no way would they then sleep in and wait until noon to show theatrics at learning everyone had been murdered. Anyway 2 young college girls keeping that secret between them just wait until Graham orTammy get them singly in a tiny room. (Wrong state but you might get the drift)

I'll say some people are very easy to clear because there is direct evidence that shows they were not near the scene of a crime. Other people, who may be just as innocent, are not easily officially cleared because there is not direct evidence of their location.

Imagine a crime takes place in Moscow, Idaho. They think my client did it. My client was on a plane from Boise to LA during that time. LE can quickly confirm checking: plane ticket, if my client boarded, security camera at the airport in Boise, security camera at the airport in LA. They can conclusively clear him based on direct evidence pretty quickly.

Now what if instead my client says he was at his mom's house in Moscow? How do we clear him then? If there's no security cameras showing him coming (and not leaving), you are left looking for witnesses, subpoenaing phone and car GPS, canvasing the neighborhood for security cameras. It may take a while to confirm yes - client WAS home and could not have committed this crime. Or maybe there's no direct evidence either way and you are left tabling someone until you can figure it out.

So IMO "clearing" or "not clearing" someone can be a process. People easily cleared usually means there's some good evidence they were elsewhere. Others may just take longer to decide.
Agree this is a great post - it all takes time and I think James Fry et al are choosing words carefully so as not to incriminate and put the spotlight on people who simply may not yet have been cleared due to situations like the above, especially given the insatiable appetite for information from the public.
This case will be solved - the crime location is not remote and there are digital footprints everywhere. Will just take time. It's a good thing they're not rushing it. The pressure must be immense though.

I have been thinking of this as well. SOMEONE knows something or at least has suspicions of a roommate, relative, friend etc. that has been acting a little different in some way and possibly has cuts/scratches. They just aren't talking. Would reward money make them come forward?
I would think so. But recently I read where rewards really don't make much of a difference. When the Delphi murders happened, LE said the killer would behave differently, yet he lived amongst them for nearly 6 years in a public job. In the Napa murders, the killer cut his hand up on the window while breaking in, yet one of the victim's best friends not only didn't notice her fiances cut hand but spoke out at a press conference hoping the killer rotted in hell, as she sat next to him. So who knows?

Did we ever get to hear the 911 for Summer Wells? I doubt in this case it will ever be released unless they get a conviction first.
I don't know who that is, is it a case from here ?
In some cases the 911 call is released early on and in some cases (esp. cold cases), never.
Somewhat disheartening, but I believe LE have their reasons.

So that means the 2 survivors 1) called friends to come over 2) gave those friends enough time to arrive — and in that time, never called 911 themselves?!? Like what?!
exactly :0 this is bizarre... and the cops didn't even tally/collect these other people that came over BEFORE the arriving cops responded to the 911 call?? huh ??? in what world does THAT happen or make any sense. cop at presser doesn't even know how many people were somehow already there w/ the 2 surviving roommates???!! sheesh doesn't even cover it...

So I'm guessing the two survivors were sleeping or still in bed downstairs and either they or the victims had plans that afternoon. Remember they all pretty much had the same social circle. So I'm guessing several friends came over and they, along with the surviving roommates, discovered a body or the bodies. I'm sure they were just frantically trying to call 911 and one of the roommate's phones was on hand so she just handed it to one of the friends. It's also possible the phone got passed around during the call as I'm sure it was absolute devastation and chaos and there may have been a lot of screaming and crying.

So the "911 caller" may be multiple people. But that scenario checks out to me.
I had the exact same thoughts.

hear me out

J had to use a roommate's phone to call 911, because he took his own phone as far away from the house as he could before commiting the murders. he took no chances getting pinged in the area, thus showing up without a phone at noon aswell
J, KG’s ex? I think her sister would have mentioned that, along with the family as they’ve been defending him. Him being the one to make the call would be pretty impactful on their story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper