DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NY Post photo of house

71lwea.jpg

Shows good detail of rear access

Interesting… i guess the two unharmed inhabitants on the lowest floor were in the part on the left ?? That section seems kind of isolated from the rest of the structure
Moo

Just a few thoughts after processing the information released during the press conference yesterday, and the subsequent additional information released about the 911 call (link to NYT, apologies that it is paywalled for some, but I find it to be the most useful MSM explanation of what is known so far).

It's sad enough to see the senseless loss of life of the four victims, but thinking about the two surviving roommates asleep in the house while 4 others were murdered makes me sick. I think it's very possible that this was a random attack with an unknown (to the victims) suspect: it seems the killer did not realize the 1st floor was occupied and moved quickly, cleanly, and methodically through the 2nd and 3rd floors. It's hard to say for certain at this point, but it sounds like a very clean crime scene considering the violence of the attacks.

I understand everyone's curiosity and speculation about the 911 calls and what exactly transpired when LE was called to the scene. I want to emphasize some general observations, though: one, it is 100% possible that the surviving roommates slept through the attack and did not wake to suspect anything strange until around the time the 911 call was placed; two, it makes sense to me to call a nearby friend or relative before calling 911. I am only a few years older than the victims, and if I imagine myself in a similar situation, I might call a friend first to help assess the situation, especially if it was not immediately clear to me that a murder had taken place. To reference current discussion about the possibility of locked doors: yes, it's possible the murderer locked the doors from the inside, BUT, it's also a violation to enter someone's room without their knowledge or consent in a living situation like this. If they knocked, called out, and received no response, they might have called a friend first to enter with them and then called 911. Unless there were button locks, and the killer moved between the inside / outside of the house, I find it hard to believe that doors were locked. Just MOO.

The threads are moving so fast I don’t remember where I saw it. Who said or where do we learn that the two roommates left unharmed were new roommates?

Bringing this post forward from Thread 1. (Apologies as my kindle refusing to directly link to the post) At the link provided in the post, look at the post from Nov 13 at 17.31 UK time which would be.... 12.31 est, 9.31 pst.... I think?! I need a lie down now!

Anyway,a comment on that post make it clear to me at least how/why friends were there re the 911 call.

I didn't know any of the girls that were killed were engaged? I wonder who this financee was currently engaged to.

Some people need to assign blame to anything and everything. There is also plenty of bluffing and big talk until you find yourself in the situation. Big surprises happen.

I've learned I don't handle emergencies well at all. I look like a jello jiggler standing there. JMO
Lol. I tend to run around like a chicken with its head cut off. So NOT HELPFUL! :rolleyes:

It seems the dog skinning of Buddy on October 21 may be relevant especially because it occurred within weeks of the murders and within 3 miles of the crime scene. It seems too coincidental to not be connected. To harm a pet in this manner is not normal. Also, considering this town has not experienced this type of crime in years and to have this happen within weeks is concerning. As other posters indicated the perp may have been practicing. Also, K and J shared a dog together, and it appears she used that to keep connected to him. It is my understanding some of the late night calls to him may have been related to the dog. I am wondering if someone In their circles knew this and sent some kind of warning?

Also, it appears from evidence so far the perp had to know lay out of house, activity of house, etc as it would be too risky, especially with surveillance technology today. Keep in mind this technology was not as readily available in the Bundy days. It is my opinion because it stated this was a targeted act that the perp is friends with J and of those who lived in the house or at least known to them, an aquaintance, etc.

Last edited:
They didn’t say they SAW them. I think it’s very possible the killer pushed the door lock on the way out so the roommates just couldn’t get a response by knocking, yelling, calling on phone etc. They say they thought they were “passed out,” and I believe this. College kids out partying late—most logical assumption would probably be too much alcohol. Probably they weren’t toooooo worried—just enough to get friends. They should have immediately called 911 of course! But college kids aren’t going to do that.
That would make sense. Hadn’t considered that the calls could have been made based on people not answering their bedroom door and nothing was amiss outside of the individual bedrooms.

I also think understanding off-campus student housing is important. If someone is unfamiliar with how it works, you might think all 5 people who live in a house together are best friends who spend 24/7 together.

Really what happens is these big houses are turned into 5/6 bedroom shared houses. Maybe 2 or 3 people find a house they really like. They then tell their friends and acquaintances they found a house and need 2-3 more roommates. So maybe two sets of best friends are sharing a house together but they aren't all always hanging out together. That's completely normal in off-campus housing but may seem crazy as an adult with a family.
I have lived in an exact scenario that you have described. I shared a room with other students for a summer once and barely knew the other people there. It was a large house with different levels. I never even went up to the third floor the whole time I was staying there. If someone was dead up there, I wouldn't know. I was gone all day for school and only ever slept there.

But in terms of how you behave if you "find" an unresponsive person, if they had access to the person in the room, there are certain "normal person" expectations one would have. I think the people suggesting "locked bedroom doors" are likely right. If you do not have access to the rooms, you just know people are in the rooms and not responding, then the roommates' behaviors of calling other people to come over makes a lot more sense.

When exactly was the dog let out and back inside as far as we know?
Maybe the suspect was lurking and quietly called the dog over to greet it. Perhaps the girls heard something out there or saw the dog go to something/someone and that is why they called 10 times on the phone.

Why would someone totally unfamiliar with a house risk entering where a pit pull or two could be sleeping?
My neighbor’s dog barks at everything and she barked at me the first time I met her and then knew she could trust me so now she puts her little paws on my legs because she wants me to pick her up.
It’s hard to believe the dog didn’t bark unless there are dogs that are so laid-back they just don’t bark. I keep thinking that dog knew the intruder. And does anyone know if dogs were brought in for a fact to search the area?

The threads are moving so fast I don’t remember where I saw it. Who said or where do we learn that the two roommates left unharmed were new roommates?
I don't remember either lol but they moved in in August iirc so you could maybe google that?

IMO I feel like when there are public statements expressing more certainty than seems warranted, they often turn out to be a ruse / misdirection aimed at a suspect…

Not saying that’s the case here! And maybe this kind of ploy is too cynical anyway for small-town LE who haven’t handled horrible mysteries like this before …

It’s just whenever I see LE declaring anyone “cleared” as they’re still begging for info, it raises an eyebrow MOO
What are chance it was a student? I'm thinking not.

If you look at the news photos you will see that at least some windows had curtains. I'm presuming that you were looking at the Zillow sale/rental photos, which would have shown the house unoccupied and therefore without window treatments.

gv_crime_scene_street_view_01.jpg
Piggy backing off of this…there are two bedrooms on each floor, it looks like window coverings are closed in one bedroom on each floor. I’m inclined to think these are the rooms the respective parties were sleeping in that night.

There are plausible reasons to believe the body was covered by a blanket, hiding any blood loss that would have been absorbed by mattress/sheets.

That being said, I do not understand the Gen Z of it all. They had to call friends to come over even when they found a roommate unresponsive. If this was NOT a murder investigation and the unresponsive roommate was actually passed out from alcohol poisoning, imagine explaining to their parents that they really wanted a friend to come over first to call because they don't like talking on the phone or "they're scared" of calling 911. Or whatever their reason may have been.

Further, I do NOT understand how this same roommate needed to call friends to come check on a person in her house instead of going to the rest of the rooms in the house for assistance. Police have confirmed several times now the police officers found the other bodies.

Honestly, when you think about it, I'm not shocked they spent a few days staring at the roommates like they knew something. They've cleared them now but good grief they didn't behave in a way you'd expect someone to in an emergency situation.
I don’t understand how this narrative shifted from the press conference yesterday to where you all are saying they called friends to come over instead of the police. This easily could just be friends coming over to pick up a friend without a car to go get food, study, or hang out and that’s how they discovered it at the same time. Maybe the roommate called 911 from her phone but was unable to speak so the friend took over. They also haven’t specifically said it wasn’t a roommate that called 911.

I don’t understand how this narrative shifted from the press conference yesterday to where you all are saying they called friends to come over instead of the police. This easily could just be friends coming over to pick up a friend without a car to go get food, study, or hang out and that’s how they discovered it at the same time. Maybe the roommate called 911 from her phone but was unable to speak so the friend took over. They also haven’t specifically said it wasn’t a roommate that called 911.
Because the police posted an update. Its been linked a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab